Spursfan
Years ago

Sportsbet streaming NBA games all season

Screw League Pass, Sportsbet are doing the NBA all season. I'll take that.

Topic #29898 | Report this topic

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Just found this out after buying league pass by accident due to there being a cutoff for cancelling the free pass.

In the same week got a red light camera fine.

Fail.

Reply #386795 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

IS this Sportsbet thing free to join, or is there some catch like having to place a bet or something?

Reply #386809 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

What speed said!

Reply #386830 | Report this post

philly  
Years ago

Legit?

I got an email saying that you can cancel league pass for a full refund if you follow the link or go into your account settings but I could not find anything in there that said cancel?

Reply #386838 | Report this post

philly  
Years ago

just checked it out. you need a sign in (which is free anyway). it works. only problem is you can maximise it to full screen- quality is ok. other than that its not too bad.

Reply #386839 | Report this post

philly  
Years ago

What I don't understand is how a betting site can rights to show it and we still can't get it on tv in Australia.

Reply #386840 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Probably because the betting site is willing to fork out $$ for it and TV stations in Australia arent. Online rights are a lot less than TV rights, and NBA sadly just doesnt get enough TV viewers in this country.

Reply #386846 | Report this post

Igotmadskills  
Years ago

Spend the money on league pass its awesome.

Reply #386892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember reading somewhere that Australians are one of the highest league pass buyers in the world. Surely that would translate into TV viewers.

Reply #387004 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Although that may be true, it would have to be a per capitre study. Regardless of the ratio of people to fans in Australia, it's really still going to be a small audience. Especially considering NBA games are played during the day when Australians are at work.

Reply #387043 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

Has anyone tried this out?
Sounds too good to be true.

Reply #403068 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

Just tried it.
Works great!
Only catch is you have to deposit minimum of $10 in your Sportsbet account (but you don't ever have to use it) which I did using paypal.

And, as previously mentioned, screen size is pretty small and can't be expanded.

Reply #403070 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Clear as picture...can spend the ten bucks as well, and still access it. Been using it all season, max of 5 games per day though.

Reply #403073 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

@DB5 Thanks for the info. Will make sure I use my 5 games wisely!

Don't think I'll spend my $10 as if i do (especially if I win), I can see that being the first bet of many. Gotta love addictive personalities!

Reply #403088 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

Not doubting DB5 but it think its 5 games at once.

So if you get sick of one you can close it and load up another.

Clear the history from time to time when it stops you from viewing multiple games.

Does anyone know why I can't get it to work on Internet capable tv?? Can load the site but it won't play the video??

Otherwise love it!!

Reply #403120 | Report this post

Aya Karam  
Years ago

The excerpt function in Kirby core says "Creates an excerpt without html and kirbytext" so yeah, it strips html elements.

The excerpt function from the toolkit has an option for this though, as the third argument to the function, so you could create your own function or plugin (or perhaps override it? I'm not familiar enough yet with Kirby to be sure) and do something like:

Reply #661909 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:11 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754