Topic #29900 | Report this topic

Chuck Norris  
Years ago

Lets hope he can keep it up & that his confidence builds. Well done CJ

Reply #386857 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Can't Tell if CJ Massingale won the game for the Sixers

or Shawn Redhage lost the game for the Wildcats.

Reply #386858 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

CJ starting to come out of his shell.Once he gets his confidence up he will be an important part of the rotation.

Reply #386859 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I have always been a fan of Massingale.

He is an unbelievable shooter, he just needs to do that in games. Also one very important thing is that he is solid at the foul line. It is very important that he gets the minutes as he will be very important to this team throughout the season

Reply #386863 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

18pts 2 steals at 63%. 7/7 from the line + some brilliant D.

Great game.

Reply #386865 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yep it was a great game, he had a good game against sydney i think it was as well. One thing that i think makes it hard for him is that he totally gets looked off from his teammates from time to time. I just hope these last couple of games seing the ball go down give him the confidence to keep attacking.

Reply #386869 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Thing is, I think there's another level he can go when he's got the hot hand. He made an instant impact today, Clarke gave him more time as a result and he kept contributing with good defence,rebounding, a good block late and good offensive movement.

Reply #386870 | Report this post

Moon  
Years ago

My money would be on Adelaide's bench to beat their starters at the moment. Time for for Massingale (less Cadee).

Reply #386872 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I loved the contact lens incident.

Lost a contact? Yep, here it is, right where Redhage dragged his bum on the ground. That's OK, I'll just pop it back in.

Reply #386877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets hope he can keep it up?? If he gets the time he can do this every week... So lets hope Marty plays him.... But yeah where the haters now????

Reply #386882 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Seriously, it's only one impressive game. I hope he can keep it up though because he made me like him out of pity and now he's probably going to be half decent...

Took him how many games to realise he actually had to make plays and not just be a number?

Reply #386883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spursfan.... Really??? Took him how many games for Clarke to actually play him?? I mean I'm not sure if u have ever played... But it is hard to play 5mins in the first half.. Not play again and make an impact... I guess he was lucky today that Clarke had no option but to play him... Hopefully Stevie won't play as much from now on... Because trust me I've watched CJ play for the past few years and he will produce these numbers if not better..

Reply #386885 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Years ago

The physical way Perth play you really want to finish the game with players who can shoot foul shots...

and CJ has a very very good free throw technique.

When was the last time a 36er import was top scorer?

Reply #386886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last season?

Reply #386891 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Jack Toft - 7news loved the contact lens incident also
Big Marty - remember that Redhage scored more than weigh in less minutes of course.

Reply #386894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth look like they could'nt give a shit any more!! Playin 5 away think it's hit them! How many missed shots free throws see how they play in front ove there fans! 200 minutes they have played and yet not a single cheer to spur u om must play apart

Reply #386895 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Big Marty- good call- missed free throws and missed layups!

Reply #386897 | Report this post

36reasons.net  
Years ago

"Haters"? I think the frustration was due to the fact that up until last weekend he'd really shown nothing. Now he's shown what he is capable of and there's no reason we can't expect 10pts a game off the bench from him.

Reply #386898 | Report this post

Moon  
Years ago

Yeah cause so many players dominate playing 5 minutes a game. He finally gets good minutes and performs (basically winning the game against one of the best teams). Marty Clarke should have given him more minutes earlier. A good coach would recognise talent.

Reply #386901 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

these guys that dominate SEABL are cheap & worth a shot. CJ just needs some confidence going.

Cairns should grab Ivan Mcfarline from Bendigo as we seriously need a guy who can rebound & box out!

Reply #386904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth look like they could'nt give a shit any more!! Playin 5 away think it's hit them! How many missed shots free throws see how they play in front ove there fans! 200 minutes they have played and yet not a single cheer to spur u om must play apart

Reply #386910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is amazing what you can do if given opportunity and allowed to get confidence.
Another reason well in last we had actually a player that moved with the ball carrier rather than ball carrier crashing into bigs or turn and dish back to stagnant player .
Clarke has sent so many good supporters away from this team but at least today rewarded players performing with extra time like CJ and Crosswell but
b---y Weigh again was crappy self and still lot of court time .
Gibson who started season well was very very ordinary and at times cannot see how even got close to Boomers squad.

Reply #386912 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

#885, you just contradicted yourself there. The reason Clarke hadn't kept Massingale on the floor in previous games is because CJ didn't do anything, didn't even try to do something. He made an immediate impact today, so that's why Clarke gave him more minutes. Simple.

On a separate note, it is Massingale's job to produce immediately. Ever heard of instant offense? If he did it today, there's no reason he cannot keep doing it. Steindl does it, Gruber does it, Hire does it, Corey Webster does it, Bartlett does it.

Reply #386914 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

YEah anonymous.. weigh is so crap, leading the league in 3 point shooting and taking 11 rebounds.. what a crap player

Reply #386917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McFarlin would have gone to Townsville but Bendigo wouldn't allow it...

Reply #386918 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

CJ showed something today because he was given the chance. He has always been a player that needs the ball in his hand to produce and when they a) put him on b) got him the ball he delivered. Was great to see.

Reply #386925 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Who was defending Redhage?

Reply #386929 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Petrie and Weigh for the most part

Reply #386930 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Redhage was guarding Redhage for the most part.

Reply #386931 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

"Steindl does it, Gruber does it, Hire does it, Corey Webster does it, Bartlett does it."

2/5

Reply #386937 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

xztatik: what is "it" do you think?

Reply #386938 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

If you were talking about instant offence, it's 2/5 - Bartlett and Steindl

If you were talking about consistency, it's 2/5 - Gruber and Hire

There's no deeper argument here, there's no doubt that developing some consistency is the next step for CJ. I'm just a dick who likes correcting people when they list spuds.

Reply #386940 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

I was talking about production, not instant offense, so you just confirmed four of the five. Chalk Webster up too, he does what the team asks of him. Might not knock down with regularity, but he delivers. mmm, spuds eh? Spuds, eh?

Reply #386947 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

"Production" is pretty broad, and none of these 5 are very high on the list in that category.

Reply #386950 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Bud, production=doing your job, right? I just listed guys who generally have shorter spells of minutes and do their job.

Reply #386954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spursfan if you taped or watched the game take a listen to Brett mahers comments re: massingale with about 1 minute to go in the game... That is all!

Reply #386955 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

I'm not on my computer, what did he say?

Reply #386956 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Years ago

So Anon, what did Brett say?

Reply #386957 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

I remember picking Maher's pocket while he was trying to go all street on me at one of the Blitzā€˜s in Cairns years ago, highlight of my year I think.

Reply #386971 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

He was probably going easy on you Spursfan, not to ruin the moment or anything

Reply #386992 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Cory is a better player than Bartlett. Hence why Cory is back at the Breakers and why Cory is a Tall Black and Bartlett doesn't even get regular invites to trial. Bartlett has improved greatly be all means but Cory has the higher ceiling and then Tai higher again.

Reply #386995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McFarlin would have signed at Townville, but the Crocs offered minimal money,

Reply #387007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Bendigo offered more money than the $40k at Townsville? Yeah, that sounds about right...

Reply #387011 | Report this post

Anon12  
Years ago

Pity that CJ's team mates don't recognise when he is free. 36ers guards seem intent on driving in to the key and popping up "floaters" when CJ was wide open on the right wing calling for the ball. It's okay if the "floaters" go in, but?. Brett identified the same issue during the commentary that not everyone can pull off the floater.

Reply #387020 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Anon 12...I thought the same thing. All 3 guards were guilty of this, Cadee, Crosswell and Gibbo.

We could definitely be a smarter team!

Reply #387036 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

My apologies KET, you were there weren't you? Boy are there some shitheads on this forum...

Reply #387040 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Evidently...

Reply #387111 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

If CJ and Marty's use of CJ can gain some consistency - then I'm fully on-board!

Reply #387128 | Report this post

Jeff  
Years ago

Definitely again with you ShaneD....

Once again if given the opportunity, some succeed and some don't. Just so to happen Marty finally pulled the finger out and gave Massingale and Crosswell some good minutes and put them in positions to make an impact. Maybe time to shake up the line up a bit.

Starters: Petrie, Johnson, Weigh, Gibbo, & Massingale
Guys 1st of the Bench: Crosswell, Schenscher, Cadee etc...

BTW Spursfan = Massingale Hater; why not just congratulate the guy on a game well done. If CJ gets the same minutes next game and doesn't produce, by all means say something about it.

Reply #387306 | Report this post

Jeff  
Years ago

Spursfan "On a separate note, it is Massingale's job to produce immediately. Ever heard of instant offense? If he did it today, there's no reason he cannot keep doing it. Steindl does it, Gruber does it, Hire does it, Corey Webster does it, Bartlett does it."

This is how these guys went on the weekend....

Corey Webster - didn't play
Gruber - 3pts(1/4fg) 3reb 1assist 1stl 1/4ft
Hire - 3pts (1/8fg; 1/4 3ptfg) 4reb 2assists 1stl
Bartlett - 3pts(1/3fg;1/3 3ptfg) 1reb 1stl 1to

*Alot of instant offense there I can see*

CJ Massingale - 18pts (5/8fg; 1/4 3ptfg) 7-7ft 2reb 2stls 1blk 1to

Reply #387319 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Hahaha oh Jeff stop it. You're killing me...

Reply #387347 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:01 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754