Degenerate
Years ago

Sam's Report - Vol. 3 - 'Turning up the Heat'

Sam's Report
Volume 3
"Turning up the Heat!"

The NBA playoff's heat up as the BASA state champs draw to a close, a great time for basketball fans and players. Arizona's own Phoenix and Florida's Miami are looking good in the playoffs. These two teams are heating the competition up on different sides of the conference.

The State Champs
The skill of South Australia's greatest junior players showcased all weekend, most teams I saw lifted their intensity greatly and created a lot of close matches. I spent a lot of my time at Wayville during the course of the weekend and it was great to see a lot of people showing up to watch top quality matches. If you missed the State Champs, then you missed a lot.

Miami Heat
Miami have white washed their second straight series in the NBA playoffs. Without star centre 'Shaq', the Heat turned it up and knocked off Washington, they advance to the conference finals and look very strong so far. Watching Miami during the year I never saw anything to special, but in the playoffs they have showed a great deal and improvement.

The Phoenix Suns
Phoenix white-washed Memphis early and now facing Texas' Dallas, they are still leading the series. Steve Nash would have got a great confidence booster being named NBA MVP for the 2004/2005 Season. Nash hopefully will continue his great form and lead Phoenix through to the conference final.

The 36'ers
The 36'ers, I haven't really read much into them but if anyone wants to give their opinion of how they think the 36'ers are going to shape up this season, then give your thoughts, it would be highly appreciated.

For the love of the money or the game
Seriously, do some players lose it? Do they think that they are that damn good and deserve more money; the NBA pays ridiculous amounts to some players, only because they have a good 'rep'. This is getting stupid, I play basketball because I love the game, getting paid for doing something you love is a luxury and you shouldn't abuse it. A lot of professional athlete's are now complaining and leaving clubs and teams, even though their time might be over.

ABA/L Blockbuster
Whatever you want to call it, ABL or ABA, I am actually unsure of the correct one; please tell me the official one. Anyway, North Adelaide and Forestville go at it on May 21st. This promises to be huge, not just basketball will be on, a BBQ as usual, wine testing and a free raffle plus more! It would be great to see the entire supporter basis from both teams show's up. They're trying to pull in a big crowd. So become a part of history and come down to Wayville. Women 6:30pm, Men 8:30pm Saturday 21st of May.

NBA Champions
Phoenix I think will win, they will bring the pride to the Arizona desert, the talent and motivation they currently have is over-whelming, I would think they will go all the way, if they don't my second pick would be the in-form Miami Heat. Your tips, out of:

The Miami Heat
The San Antonio Spurs
The Phoenix Suns
The Dallas Mavericks
The Seattle Super Sonics
The Indiana Pacers
The Detroit Pistons

Your thoughts on any of the topics will be greatly appreciated.

Topic #2991 | Report this topic

Miami will win

Reply #34102 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Hmmm, the NBA playoff have recently turned interesting.

Detroit and Pacers all square 2-2
Spurs and Sonics all square 2-2
Suns and Mavs all square 2-2

My biggest surprise is probably the Pistons and Pacers series. I really thought that the Pistons would dominate this series, just basically too strong all over the court and bench. Proved me wrong again, and the Pacers are playing tuff.

Spurs and Sonics is interesting too, the Sonics have been shooting pretty poor for the series, but they have managed to keep it 2-2. Really surprised by that!!! I thought that the Sonics wouldn't be able to contain Timmy D, whilst Manu could contain Ray Allen. Sonics are still missing Lewis. Maybe the king of scrap does win in the playoffs.

Suns and Mavs.......whole lot of defense in this series!!!! I now believe that this series is on the edge, I didn't really give the Mavs much chance, but with the Suns losing Johnson, and Jimmy into the starting 5, the Suns have bugger all on the bench. I think in Game 3, the first 5 played 89% of the game, and accounted for 95% of the Suns score. How much can the starting 5 carry, especially if the series goes to 7. Dirk has been having a shitty series, so if he lights it up, the Suns could be fading....

My common sense tip for the Championship is now Miami. The Diesel is healing, Wade is playing out of this world and the support cast as now stepping up.

My wish tip was the Pistons, and if they can get past the Pacers, then it wouldn't surprise me if they beat the Heat in the Eastern Finals, but at the moment, on record and game, the Heat to win it, and Zo to get his first ring!!!

Reply #34109 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

My tip is the Detroit Pistons. I think they will get past the Pacers by beating them in the next 2 games and then go on and defeat the Heat in 6. I think they will face the Suns in the Grand Finale and will come up trumps in a hard fought series taking it all the way to 7 games.

Will be great to see Amare banging bodies with Big Ben and Marion possibly facing Rasheed. With Nash to face Billups or Rip (i'm thinking Rip). Should be a stella series.

That's my thoughts

Reply #34225 | Report this post

dickens' cider  
Years ago

it's ABL

Reply #34412 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:08 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754