jye
Years ago

Who do you think will be in the final?

who do you think will make the grand final? and who will win? i think it will be either breakers, hawks or perth, but i hope the kings make it.

Topic #29925 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Top 4 (no order)
-NZ
-Perth
-Adelaide
-Wollongong
I wish tigers but sadly I don't think so
But almost anyone but Crocs could win

Reply #387200 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

NZ and Adelaide. Crazy.

Reply #387213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As crazy as it seemed 2 days ago, Adelaide are a great chance if they can gel.

Reply #387220 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

NZ and Perth again, Adelaide are too Bi-Polar and I don't believe the Hawks have the depth.

Reply #387239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adleaide at best make up the numbers under Clarke. Pretty bad to think considering they should be a top 2 team with that much talent. Just dont gel in current environment. It wont improve.

Reply #387251 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mystro, what don't you like about the Hawks' depth? Is it Deleon coming off the bench, Gruber too? Coenraad still to come back from injury? Jackson no longer a liability? Breakers have guys like Henry, Webster, etc.

Reply #387266 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The fourth spot is the only spot up for grabs.

Perth are a nasty, grabby, dirty team. Refs seem to be as soft as a Mr Whippy icecream on a 40 degree day at Glenelg when controlling them. Because of the way they play, they can get under opponent's skins. They have some talent, but they are the Port Adelaide Magpies (1970's & 1980's version) of the competition who go the man, not the ball. That playing style tends to reward teams.

New Zealand are all class. It's hard to see them not in the finals.

Wollongong. What can you say. I now know a silk purse can be made out of a sow's ear thanks to Gordie.

That leaves 5 teams fighting for fourth.

Townsville. Game over man. When you're 0-8 and you need at least 15-15 to make finals, it's hard to see the Croc Nation go 15-7. Time to plan the end of season marlin trip.

In reality, there are four teams in with a chance.
Melbourne. Should improve with "Errol" in the team. Seth Scott with the grunt that is necessary. Will Ballinger's injury flare up if things get tough?
Cairns. A big chance if they continue to play as a team. Hilly's rebounding stats are like it's a training drill. Tragagh and Wilson are the keys to success.
Sydney. Probably need one or two to step up to support Magden who is having a fantastic year. Currently batting above their weight, just like a former Sixer.

Adelaide. Have had a few missed opportunities, but self belief is the key. Seems there are two Sixers teams on court. One team are dobermans who can rip the others apart, the other are the dachshunds. If the dobermans take the court each week, then forget about the others.

Final 8:
Perth, NZ, Wollongong, Adelaide, Melbourne, Cairns, Sydney, Townsville

Adelaide to sneak into 4, but need to get the split on the Tigers to do it.

Reply #387271 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Henry and Webster have both won championships, just sayin...( I know what you are saying, not many people rate either of them highly)

I just don't rate a lot of their (Hawks) players compared to Perth and NZ who's squads have got the job done and won titles. I see them as a team of mostly role players and I'm kinda just waiting for them to choke and spiral down the ladder. That very well may not happen and they may go on to make the finals which will be great for them and Wollongong and you can laugh at me

Reply #387274 | Report this post

Cera77  
Years ago

Hawks v NZ

Reply #387311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Final 8: Perth, NZ, Adelaide, Sydney, Wollongong, Townsville, Cairns, Melbourne.

Reply #387321 | Report this post

Sam  
Years ago

^Crocs last for sure

Reply #387352 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

NZ, Cairns, Perth & Gong!

Reply #387413 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

I seriously hope its a NZ-Perth GF with the Wildcats to lose another close fought GF.

Im no wildcat hater but redhage, robbins and a few others play dirty baskteball and nothing better than seeing them lose a hard fought game

Reply #387416 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:19 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754