The Journo
Years ago

NBL uniform changes

I really do think after watching tonight's match the NBL should bring in a rule that the home team wears the white uniform.

For starters, I prefer Adelaide's white to their blue strip, but it also gives supporters a bit of variety.

With the current rule, all home games for all teams will look the same with the home team in colour and the away team in white.

This is not an issue for the hardcore basketball fan, but if you want to attract non-basketball fans to the game. They need to know Perth are red, NZ are black, Townsville are green, Cairns are orange etc.

I may sound petty, but I think this is something that needs to be changed.

If Adelaide want to go blue - hand out the t-shirts at the door NBA style!

What are your thoughts?

Topic #29969 | Report this topic

FM  
Years ago

How about all teams just play in the one colour?

Reply #387944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the world has much bigger issues Boti. It's been this way for a while and hasnt really caused any issues. I think most fans know who their team is playing against, it's not like we have too many teams in the league.

Reply #387947 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

If you bought a 36ers membership you received a blue t shirt.

Reply #387949 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I like the Breakers Black/Blue Home White/Blue Away

Reply #387952 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I'd rather go to the game and see my Sixers in blue, rather than white. What's the point in having the crowd be a sea of blue if the team they are supporting is wearing white?
Would rather it that the opposition wear their normal strip, unless the colours clash. Wollongong and Perth are really the only teams that clash. Maybe Sydney and Adelaide with Purple and blue.
Our white strip looks great, but the Sixers are blue and should wear it at home. I used to like Perth in black back in the Grace, Vlahov days, their clash should be black, not white. Would like to see Sydney in yellow again.

Reply #387955 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Was thinking about this last night.

I'd like to see:

Adelaide: Home Blue, Away White, Alternate Yellow (to be used on 5 or so occasions per year)
Melbourne: Home Red, Away Yellow
Wollongong: Home Red, Away White
Perth: Home Black (return to the 2000 days!), Away White, Alternate Red
NZ: Home Black, Away White, Alternate Light Blue
Cairns: Home Orange, Away White, Alternate Black
Townsville: Home Green, Away White, Alternate Blue
Sydney: Home Purple, Away Yellow, Alternate White

A little more variation!

Reply #387958 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Non-issue.

Reply #387969 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

if you want to change anything uniform related, bring back individual team designs not league wide templates.

Reply #387984 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Years ago

Yeah,

i dont like the league wide template,
i think every road team has to wear some white.

Reply #388037 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

What Josh said.

The template is boring as hell. Surely And One are capable of producing individual designs.

Reply #388046 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I also think having just the teams city on away strips. So Sixers would simply read Adelaide across the front for away game, same as NBA.

Reply #388080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL had white for the home teams back in the day. Then some tard decided to change it.

Reply #388447 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:10 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754