Mick
Years ago

Townsville Crocs Board - "Crisis" Meeting Today

Crocs board is meeting today to address the immediately addressable issues with the club.

Will any heads roll?

Topic #29988 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

discuss the immediately addressable*

Reply #388215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone's head will have to roll! They won't be walking out of that board room with everyone still in their previous positions

Reply #388216 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Someone's head should roll - the music they play during the game is a blight on the sport

Reply #388229 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

SVD I don't think the music played at The Swamp will be high on the agenda, no matter how bad it may be. The 0-9 start to the year maybe, but not the music lol.

Reply #388262 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Any news?

Reply #388302 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Not yet. Meeting was late in the day, probably hasn't finished.

Reply #388303 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Lucky Paul is not the coach of Collingwood footy club as he'd never pull the 'wool' over 'pert's' eyes!!

Reply #388316 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

righto orbit...

Reply #388323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the 411 on the board meeting?

Reply #388444 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Hey Mick that must be the longest meeting ever held.....i presume it means there are no changes for this season??

Reply #388481 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

No announcements. I'm not a board member obviously so wouldn't have a clue.

Most likely they just discussed the restructuring of the club for the offseason.

0-10 this Saturday...

Reply #388507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like they are bringing in another big aussie player, any ideas who it is? Luke Neville? Which makes sense as they basically didnt replace Schenscher who would have been one of there most important players last season, and then wonder why they are struggling.

Article mentions they are only using 61 points, to me it shows in there lack of depth/talent, i can understand not using all salary cap, but id say most teams would use atleast 65-70 points, and if you are on the low end it should mean you have a bargain, ie a Abercrombie type at a 1, where as the Crocs dont have any point cap bargains, and are still low, which to me means they have just recruited a less talented team, and it shows big time.

Reply #388522 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Blanchfield is a bargain at 1.

If they were going to have a role playing import like Abney they needed to use more points. Had they got Ervin and Ira Clark, for example, they could have been competitive with 61.

Reply #388524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True, imo they needed 2 strong imports, plus just one of Hinder and Cedar and a decent replacement for Schenscher ie Neville to be a strong team, could still happen now i suppose if they get the right big man

Reply #388527 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:35 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754