Hurls
Years ago

Perth And NZ tonight

Hey, first Thursday night game this year. Perth V NZ tonight.. check it on NBL.TV.. should be another massive crowd at Perth Arena

Topic #30017 | Report this topic

HoldenV8  
Years ago

If Perth lose they're officially in a slump. I wonder if they'll beat last Friday night's crowd? Good luck to them if they do.

Reply #388762 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Dont think the crowd will be as big, Thursday night plus not the first game. Earlier in the week there was more tickets sold to next weeks game than this week.

Did hear 10,000 tickets had been sold but might not get all the members along.. Will be the biggest crowd of the week either way.

Reply #388768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

classic bounce-back spot for the cats here but I just don't know if they're functioning well enough at the moment to do it.

Imo Their issues run deeper than a lack of focus or effort over the last couple of weeks .. they're struggling big time to execute any sort of offense meaningful offense in the half-court and I can't see them breaking the shackles and getting their running game going against an opponent that is playing very decent 'd' this season.

Unless the cats jump the breakers big time early its hard to see them having enough weapons down the stretch to hold out new zealand.

Reply #388772 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Any crowd over 8k is decent IMO. Even if it's down on last week, as said, this is Thursday, not "I was there for the first game at Perth Arena" and so on.

Reply #388774 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

hudson playing orrrr?

Reply #388782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Loving Thursday night NBL!

Reply #388791 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Haha, Cedric Johnson

Reply #388792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pullin there pants down even wit the shit calls! Im here and its thurs nyt and its amazing!

Reply #388800 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

11,086 at the game. Massive.

Reply #388801 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Oh gosh, all the high five fails...

Reply #388803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pants down again! Bogey team!

Reply #388804 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

Pledger seemed like their biggest weapon in this game. Gets 15 minutes. I think Vukona and Boucher were even playing C at some point. Not the way to attack Perth.

Those crowd numbers are fantastic. Would be amazing to be a part of that in Adelaide.

Reply #388807 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Amazing crowd, and a great response from the Perth people to really get behind basketball again. I was very unsure what type of crowd would be there tonight, with the Cats playing badly and the hype of the first game out of the way - and a Thursday night game, but gee it's like basketball in the 90's again here. A real buzz to be going to this fantastic new arena and seeing such a great crowd. And they get right into it too.

Wildcats have far more support than I would have thought.

Reply #388808 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

We were average tonight- turned the ball over far too much and little to no hustle (except will hudson and leon henry)- far too many second/third even fourth attempts for perth in the same play. it's tradition to come to perth and get belted!

Reply #388809 | Report this post

mk  
Years ago

It ain"t townsvile!!!! When perth turn it on they turn it on!! 11,000+ on a thursday nyt!! Amazing!! pants down!! No excuses with the refs!!!!! Perth played hard!!! Crowd was asome!!

Reply #388813 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Good to see the Wildcats back to playing the way they can! Redhage back to being effective (didnt know he could still dunk!?!) and even though Knight was kept relatively quite Lisch and the rest of the team stepped up. Robbins especially playing maybe the best in a long time, more of that please Robbo!

NZ seemed good for the first quarter but then really tired or just out of it for some reason for the rest of the game.

Good crowd too! Not as much as last week but still a really good turn out for a Thursday night. There was a massive line for people buying and picking up tickets on the night which is very promising too.

Also my mrs tried to get a jersey last night but they have run out in most sizes. Nice revenue boost from merch sales it would seem!

Reply #388822 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Props to Perth on the crowd and the result.

Reply #388840 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

It's a bit of a threeway happening.

Breakers dack Sixers easy as bro
Sixers dack Wildcats easily
Wildcats dack Breakers

Reply #388851 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

6ers didnt down cats easily at all jack toft- 4 point win and 10 odd point win. though i agree with the race in 3 principle!

Reply #388852 | Report this post

Wildcats80  
Years ago

As a cats fan excited with the Perth arena and crowds for first two games. To get 11k on a Thursday night is awesome. It's about time other sides look at what the cats have done and we should be selling out all games nationally.

Reply #388885 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Yeah if every other club would just make the playoffs for 26 straight seasons and be genuine title threats for a few years then the league would be in better shape.

Reply #388891 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

touche

Reply #388892 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:14 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754