Benno
Years ago

Delly drops career high 32 points against drexel

His playing out of his skin at the moment, that olympics campaign really did wonders to delly. Lets hope he keeps up this great start and finds himself on an NBA roster!

Topic #30021 | Report this topic

Rizza  
Years ago

Top 20 NBA draft pick... Yep

Reply #388829 | Report this post

russell coight  
Years ago

he will burn it up this season - playing olympics would have increased his handle 10 times

Reply #388832 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Would be great if he can make the NBA

Reply #388839 | Report this post

Cera77  
Years ago

He may make the NBA where he will make good money, play very few minutes of basketball and never get the chance to break any league records or stats.
I would prefer he plays between europe and the NBL where he can play good minutes, score plenty of points, dish out big assist numbers and be one of the great NBL point guards and become a household name in Australia.

Reply #388847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBA option sounds better

Reply #388848 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

Delly is NBA material. it just takes a GM to have the guts to sign him... he may not be all the athletic things but hes a very good point guard and didnt look out of place AT ALL when playing againt russel westbrook or Chris paul

Reply #388858 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Has a great physique. Seriously had the ball on a string in this game.

I still think it'll be hard to be drafted. I'm predicting somewhere in the second round.
There was a player named Scott Machado who is on Houston's books who averaged 10 assists last year in college and didn't get drafted. So it's not exactly easy.

Reply #388861 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

In the right situation and the right team...

Reply #388866 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

Similar attributes to the likes of Nash and Kidd, so no reason why someone less athletic with Delly's skill set can't be a legit nba player.

Reply #388867 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I just hope the GM's realise just how tall and built he is.

He is listed at 6"4 on espn.com...might even be listed at 6"5 in the NBA possibly?

That needs to be a selling point of his game.

Right now he is below par NBA-Athleticism, but he just needs a GM to see beyond this and witness his IQ, decision-making and feel for the game.

Reply #388868 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

delly and nbl talks need to stop now he will not play nbl for a very long time, he is far to good for the nbl.

Reply #388870 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

yeah bit jealous of the arms. lol

Reply #388871 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Just got done watching this game and wow, another great game from Delly. Got to agree with rohant16 that physically he is looking fantastic. Take his already versatile game and add in some low post moves. Yowza!

Reply #388878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

don't know much about delly's game. i hear everyone is talking up his leadership, IQ and offensive ability but how does he rate defensively? is he good enough at the other end of the court to match it with NBA guards? he was good at the olympics but i haven't seen much else.

Reply #388886 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I would say that his D is a definite weakness. He is smart and reads the play well, but his on-ball defence is not the greatest. His foot speed is something the commentators mentioned he has been working hard on, which is good to know. There's only so much you can do with gym work if you're not naturally quick though.

Reply #388890 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

such a shame that the NBA is so DEEP at the PG position right now.

Reply #388910 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Are you kidding me? Delly's a great defender!

Reply #388912 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

He gets by ok at St Mary's. I'm talking about in an NBA context. I don't see him containing most NBA point guards.

Reply #388925 | Report this post

Hazza  
Years ago

Surely there is a place for a 6"4 point guard with his physique, leadership potential and overall smarts and ability in the NBA.

A lot of Jason Kidd about him I reckon.

Reply #388950 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I'd like to think there's a place for him, yes. The guy is a genius with the ball and I'm a massive fan.

However keep in mind the difference in standard of his opponents once he steps up to NBA level. His D is going to be heavily tested, and he's not going to be able to find open teammates so easily because he won't draw as much attention as he currently does.
His upside is so good that I'd be surprised if no one gives him a shot. He generates easy baskets that not all point guards are capable of creating.

Reply #388951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBA.? absolutely....He is better than Steve Blake now.

Reply #388957 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Not such a good game today by Delly in the semi final, as the Gaels lost to Pacific, particularly the way he exited the game with a foul and a tech as his team was trying to make a(n unlikely) comeback.
Shot the ball pretty well but was defended very closely all game and finished with just one assist.

Reply #388958 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

There was an anon who previously posted something about how Delly would potentially feel more defensive pressure in the nbl from the likes of Martin and co. I think they should watch the game today. That Pacific team really put a hat on him.

Reply #388959 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:51 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754