Anonymous
Years ago

ABL player Movement

What Teams do you think will be in the 5 next year. Men & Women. going on player movement.

Topic #30026 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will Southern Women even have a team seeing they were on here the other day advertising ABA Women wanted.

That does not bode well for the season.

Reply #388943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so how come the coach has not put his name to it. Why did they let all the players go ? Questions

Reply #388994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why not advertise, couldn't do any harm, maybe the girls that left were chasing cash, or wanted a change.

From what I have heard the new coaching regime expects hard work and discipline, perhaps those players that have left couldn't work like that as they have had it to easy for to long!!

Reply #389017 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

South Women will no longer be bottom

Reply #389063 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

why do so many try to beat up a story - has to always be the sob story by those who aspire to know it all but do nothing about it -

Reply #389088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 088

At least 15 players have left (on their own accord !)Southerns ABA women in the past two years.

Hardly a beat up,these are the facts......

Reply #389094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow people really have it in for southern, sounds to me like some disgruntled players or parents of players getting on here to have a whinge, probably the reason your precious daughter isnt required anymore.

Reply #389097 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

So 094 it's whose fault - you had 3 coaches during that time - some clubs maintain stability by having coaches with longer term plans. players do come and go becaue circumstances change.
Tell me the secret solutions to these ills please.

Reply #389153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

seeing as the previous coach no longer wanted to coach the team what was the club supposed to do?

Reply #389159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Wow people really have it in for southern, sounds to me like some disgruntled players or parents of players getting on here to have a whinge, probably the reason your precious daughter isnt required anymore."

I love the arguments from current Southern people... ignore the facts... ignore the issues... and act as if everyone else is at fault. Meh guess the Womens team runs the same as the Club.

Bottom feeders

Reply #389168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon 168, whats your problem?

Reply #389173 | Report this post

anon211  
Years ago

It would be an issue if this sort of thing constantly happened year after year for the last 1 years.

Constantly losing Coaching Directors to other clubs because of the way they are treated.

Constantly losing player both seniors and juniors.

Still having the same in fighting with one faction doing the exact same things that the 'last' faction did that they complained about.

Its just a dogs breakfast to a once proud club.

Reply #389174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zone would fix most ills

Reply #389181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sounds like someone has an axe to grind, either got fired from a coaching directors job, or was a ABA mens coach/assistant coach that is no longer coaching, or wanted to get onto the committee and couldnt!

get a life

Reply #389183 | Report this post

Anon411  
Years ago

Who could tell, there are so many of each, maybe just most people have an axe to grind.

Probably due to the inept way the club has been managed.

Reply #389192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

looks like anon 183 was right, the trolls have gone quiet

Reply #389218 | Report this post

fresh air  
Years ago

maybe it is simply the clean out that had to happen - not only club to look to seek a fresh start by having dead wood move out.So me clubs dothis very well its those that get caught with a furnace of damp useless deadwood that linger - so if movement needed then movement it must be.

time will be the judge of all - onwards upwards change is good

Reply #389227 | Report this post

SJ  
Years ago

FFS anon 183. I've been sledged and insulted on this site enough. Southern make their own decisions in what they believe are their best interests. If you think I would waste my time bitching on here, you clearly don't know me. To all my haters, come and talk to me before you drag my name through the mud on here again.
Thanks.

Reply #389241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And who are you SJ?

Reply #389280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We should rename this thread to Southerns ABL Movement and dirty washing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #389291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SJ would be the former Men's ABA coach Shaun? Sean? if I'm correct. Appears earlier in the thread comment was he didn't reapply, then someone said he it was the former coach or players having a sook, SJ is simply saying he doesn't want to be attached to the crud in the thread?

Clearly as per often happens some coaching appointments and coaches just plain piss people off, some chose to leave some don't some air their grievances others don't..

Southerns decision will either bear fruit or it won't, I don't think the wheels have fallen off looking at the results of senior womens so far.

Reply #389341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 341

I think the Senior women have won 1 game and that is their ABA squad!

Reply #389384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon above, i think you dont know what you are talking about! In fact i know that you dont know what you are talking about.

Reply #389385 | Report this post

Tosser  
Years ago

Looks like all the white collar w#%kers are back at work {its office hours}sitting behind their desks with nothing to do but talk crap on here!!!!!!!

And they say its bad on here when the school kids are on holidays LOL

Or is this the only time Mums and Dads can get on a computer as the kids hog them at home

Reply #389393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

for a change of pace or maybe to deflect the attention away from our club I heard that Sturt has lost a player on their men's team. Seems he doesn't even want to play basketball but AFL. What is happening at the Sabres to turn a player off this wonderful game !!!! ;)

Reply #389413 | Report this post

wow  
Years ago

lol. Yeah a guy getting drafted to play AFL is his ABL clubs fault.

$50K wages to work out, get fit and try your hand a football is a little more appealing than playing ABL for anyone. Appart from it bing 3 x more than any clubs allowed salary cap. Hell, most people in his position wouldnt get that playing NBL. So you might want to look at the sport in that case.

Surely thats a bit different to losing 15 players to other clubs over a couple of years. Of consistantly changing Coaching Directors. And of the constant factional infighting that runs the course down Southern.

If that equates to 1 player getting the opportunity to play AFL, yo might want to re-examine your argument in your feeble attempt to deflect the attention from your club.

Reply #389417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow,

you tke things too seriously - at least i got this topic off the tigers and back onto changes in ABL playing lists which is what this topic is all about

Reply #389427 | Report this post

wow  
Years ago

Actually no you didnt, you just tried directing it towards attacking another club when clearly yours is the one which is failing miserably.

Reply #389433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i would call failing miserably being up by 16 points at 3 qtr time in a grand final then seriously choking to lose it!!

Reply #389435 | Report this post

wow  
Years ago

And I would call finishing way down the ladder and not making Finals at all failing miserably.

Reply #389437 | Report this post

wow  
Years ago

Or better still results something like

2012 7th
2011 10th
2010 9th
2009 7th
2008 7th
2007 8th
2006 7th
2005 8th

would be associated with failing miserably,

but we all have our opinions, dont we!

Reply #389441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just buying into this failing miserably. No-one remembers who finishes 5th 6th etc but people remember losing from an unlosable postion.

Just trying to recall from which club the most successful SA Olympian came from this year. Oh that is right Sturt are only interested in ABL rather than having players perform at the highest level in the country (and I am talking currently - I have no desire to tarnish the fantastic career of South Adelaide junior Brett Maher)

Reply #389445 | Report this post

wow  
Years ago

Ok I'll bite. By your argument at least we are relevent. And you havent even been able to finish 5th or 6th, rather 7th or worse.

Again that all depends on your position. It could very well be easily argued that Laura Summerton would be the most successful SA Olympian (current) as she attended her 3rd games and medalled for the 3rd time. As well as being a member of the World Championship Gold Medal winning team.

And as for the ABA comment, apart for Laura, Im pretty sure that Sturt would have the most players playing NBL/WNBL and Div 1 college out of all clubs. If Sturt were so Gungho about winning ABA Championships the club would be discouraging players from playing college or even SEABL. Which is clearly not the case.

But keep digging if you want.

Your results speak louder than any words can.

Reply #389456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow - mines bigger than yours!!

Reply #389465 | Report this post

wow  
Years ago

Sorry, just feel the need to debunt the troll myths.

Reply #389474 | Report this post

wow  
Years ago

debunk even.

Reply #389475 | Report this post

@acheived nothing  
Years ago

Joe Ingles is not a Southern Junior - He is a Noarlunga City Tigers junior. Don't bother taking credit for that. Apart from that what else have you guys got?

Reply #389488 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

441 fairly consisently around 7th which sugggest probably on 1 / 2 games away from consisent finals appearance yeah agree didnt make it but sometimes bit of luck / injury / that extra piece of the puzzle and all without the constant poaching the others do to get the extra player and in turn weaken those 6th / 7th clubs

maybe team dont deliberately want to miss finals and actually would achieve if the EASY PATH PLAYERS remained loyal

Reply #389548 | Report this post

wow  
Years ago

anon above.

2012 5 games out of finals
2011 9 games out of finals
2010 7 games out of finals
2009 2 games out of finals
2008 2 games out of finals
2007 3 games out of finals
2006 4 games out of finals
2005 4 games out of finals

So would not be really luck/injuries/extra piece that all clubs have to navigate as well anyway.

As for recruiting(poaching)which is what all clubs including your does and is totally legal. Haven't people above said that it has been the cleaning out of dead wood that is needed? Or how would those easy path players get more opportunity at a higher ranked club rather than their current club.

Reply #389595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Werent most of southerns women side last season from other junior programs??
I believe that is showing your club poaching

Reply #389613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i wouldnt call going to south moving to a higher ranking club!!

Reply #389615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More than one player not playing for the Sabers from what's being talked about. Top guard, Tim Klausen to play footy, Jan to continue at Mt Gambier? , Woolacott Medal winner Tom Daly to Mt Gambier?, 6th man Stefan Wright sitting out..any more?

Reply #389617 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:23 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754