Jack Toft
Years ago

Crocs v Wildcats

This is the first of three home games in a row for The Crocs who are staring down the barrel of 0-10, and looking for a new CEO. Nevill has provided a light at the end of the tunnel and arrives just in time for the Sixers (lucky Sixers).

Perth had the game Thurday night and now cross over two time zones to arrive in FNQ, where Australians still need a travel Visa and are advised not to provoke the natives, eh but (injections are optional). They find themselves outside the 4, and while some of us would be pleased to see them stay there, don't expect them there for long.

Townsville have become the easybeats of the NBL. Some people bag PC, but he is still scoring well and Holmes is boarding well. Blanchfield is having his best season, or is it because the rest are having bad seasons?

I'm kinda hoping the Crocs get a win to open their account, it'll take the pressure off for the Sixers next round.

Topic #30028 | Report this topic

Nike Al  
Years ago

Cats by 15 points Matt Knight to have a monster game

Reply #388923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed Cats will win it easily - it's only a matter of time that the Cats start clicking again,

lish will be the key again for the win

Reply #388931 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Crocs will eventually get a win, won't be this one though

Reply #388933 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Hope you're right.
Tough to play in Townsville 2 nights after playing in Perth, but on the plus side I felt like we turned the corner on Thursday. If we're in business as usual mode tonight then we should win.
I don't know about Knight having a monster game though. He is going to have his hands full!

Reply #388942 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

How would Knight have his hands full? The Crocs are a sieve inside.

Reply #388944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know the Nevill/Schenscher battles don't resume until next weekend but career head-to-head in Crocs vs Wildcats/Tigers games.

5 games against each other (Nevill 3-2)

Nevill: 13.4 ppg @ 57.1%, 5.6 rpg

Schenscher: 9.8 ppg @ 45.5%, 7.0 rpg

Reply #388949 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Hmm, interesting game so far. Is seven points in one quarter gettable?

Reply #388962 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Ervin was clearly fouled! Bad decision! Cost the Crocs the game!

Reply #388963 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

OK so when I said Knight would have his hands full I was thinking Nevill would be playing tonight.
Lucky for the Cats he didn't, because we got out of jail tonight. Could very easily have lost that one. Sleepwalked for the last 3 quarters.
Thank goodness the Crocs have Hinder.

Reply #388964 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

SICK TO DEATH OF DICKHEAD REFS DECIDING GAMES.

INSTEAD OF PROTECTING THE GUY GOING TO THE BASKET THEY WANT BAIL OUT SHIT PLAYS AND MAKE THEMSELVES THE HERO.

Reply #388965 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Exciting game in the end!

Both teams trying to hand the W to the other down the stretch with alot of missed shots and turnovers.

Townsville looked more passionate than they have but still need roster changes.

Wildcats looked good in the first half but then fatigue looked to have set it.

Dont like Crocs chances next week even with Nevill unless the crocs shooters, PC and Blanchfeild start draining threes.

Reply #388966 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Ervin actually tried to play defense tonight, good on him.

I don't mind the Crocs chances next week actually.

Reply #388968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Larry Abney. Broke.
Perth should have smashed them. Both were terrible tonight. Ervin and D in the same sentence?
Make sure you back the Crocs Spursfan ;) Sixer's might have something to say about that.

Reply #388970 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

Crap decision at the end on the Ervin drive cost the Crocs big time. Seriously though Woolpert how can we for the third time this year not even get a shot up from a set play after a time out. Was their anyone even setting a screen or moving off the ball trying to get open. AAAAAGGGGRRRHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

But again too much expected from too few. Allen, Norton, Chris Cedar and Abney played 10 minutes or less for only 5 points, Hinder and Holmes played 62 minutes combined for only 9 points. So again the scoring is left to PC, Ervin and Blanchfield.

Nevill can't get here soon enough.

Reply #388971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think perth would be happy just to get that win! Tough, after playing breakers thurs nyt then backing it up 2nyt! Couple call went cats way, but when ure a team like they are u do get those 50/50 calls just like a cj would and not a hire? So 2 games at home now, but to play 6 out ove 8 games away and to be where they are im happy with that, prob should got at least 1 of the 6ers games 2!

Reply #388976 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

The 36ers are in a precarious position going up to play the Crocs next week. Total danger game. Perth, Adelaide and Sydney all with positive records vying for 4th place on the table. A loss to the re-tooled bottom dwellers would be devastating.

Reply #388987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its like GWS and GCS. Someone will lose to them, but you hope it's not your AFL team. Same with the Crocs. Question is with so little production form not of the teams will Nevill make that much difference?
Abney 5 minutes. I guess he's saving his frequent flyer points to go home.

Reply #388991 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I don't think the dickhead refs made Hinder chuck up a terrible three-pointer, or made Hinder run through Martin for no reason, or made Hinder fumble an easy pass out of bounds....hmm, I'm noticing a pattern here.

Reply #388998 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

But hey, Hinder is better than Schenscher...apparently

Reply #389000 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

the only pattern developing here is that Hinder is proving he IS the biggest dickhead player in the league and that the amount of dickhead refs making shit calls is now more obvious as i get to watch ALL the games on NBLtv.

Reply #389001 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

True, I was hoping NBL TV could act as something of a moderating tool because everything was on video, but the reffing isn't any better.

Reply #389002 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:09 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754