Isaac
Years ago

Tigers vs Hawks

Better shooting game from Flynn, but Deleon takes the Hawks to another win. Wollongong still top of the ladder.

Topic #30032 | Report this topic

Spursfan  
Years ago

There was a good post on the NBL's facebook about Deleon and how much the refs give him calls. Vicinity foul I think he called it.

Reply #389006 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Ballinger just over 5 minutes of court time. Injure himself?

Reply #389008 | Report this post

John Salmons  
Years ago

Spursfan, was that 'vicinity' foul any different to the one Flynn got when he tripped himself earlier in the game and Deleon got the call? Calls even out, like when Saville got fouled then threatened with ejection when complaining that his singlet was pulled by Goulding when he crashed into another Tiger.

Teams might have to start taking Hawks serious now. They look good if when Forman shoots 0-9.

Reply #389015 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Ballinger flu I think . Played 5 minutes , but left looking just like a ghost.
Good numbers from Flynn Deleon Saville .
There are interesting players . Players you like to watch , and there's tovey and weigh.
tovey must've been very disappointed having to put up 1 shot last game.

Reply #389016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Camel, Tovey went wild last night and put up 4 shots against the Crocs.

One too many iced vovo's before tip-off.

Reply #389018 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thought Deleon against Flynn was a big risk for the Hawks in that Deleon would not be able to resist trying to better him repeatedly. And he certainly did ignore a few passing opportunities after Flynn scored in trying to show him up, but thankfully the shots went down. Scored 11 of the Hawks' final 13 points, so you can't argue with that.

Some quality supporting performances from Saville, Davidson and Hurdle, but I hope Martin isn't overlooked given that his game wasn't reflected in the boxscore. Thought he ran things well, as with other wins this season.

Can't see where Coenraad's shots are going to come from when he's back on court. They already have so many options.

Reply #389067 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Anstey surely must be under huge pressure to retain his job!

Hate to say it but in every other professional sporting competition a record of 2-6 equals the door...they even bought in a high level PG and still don't look the goods, this season is now pretty much done and so should Anstey coaching career…..the NBL isn’t a place for head coaches to learn on the job that’s what the assistants chair is for!

I’m not big on changes after the last few years but it is apparent they have no direction and the players almost look at him comically in timeouts…plus his quote in today’s Herald Sun just shows he is not ready to lead a team…really poor comments form a man under pressure to keep his gig.

Reply #389069 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

"If we are going to foul, if it's going to be unsportsmanlike, they better be bleeding.">
Is that in reference to them picking up a foul before the ball was even passed in? How is blood going to solve that? Hit shots, don't turn it over. No need for thuggery.

Reply #389071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

22 seconds left down by 6 points, ball under the Hawks basket.

ANSTEY - call a bloody time out, advance the ball and run a set play.

Instead we see jungle ball from the baseline with a turnover to top things off.

Amateur hour.

Surely D-Mac and Shortie could get in Chris' ear and let him know a thing or two.

Happened earlier in the year too.

Perhaps it's too much Coke a Cola during the game.... he necks a few bottles per game indeed.

Reply #389073 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Surely they should've been looking for the three? Didn't appear to have much of a plan at that point.

Reply #389074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My point exactly.

No plan, out of control offence and the ball gets turned over.

Frustrating to watch them hand over games so easily.

Reply #389080 | Report this post

Android6  
Years ago

As good as Deleon has been, Rhys Martin and Lance Hurdle are having great seasons, both seem like heady players who don't do many dumb things. Both look super quick in patches but they don't seem to turn the jets on much. I'd like to see each of them be more aggressive in spurts.

Amazing difference made having two imports that have played basketball before.

Reply #389081 | Report this post

Cera77  
Years ago

Go Hawks, I love watching them pass the ball around and find the open shooter. Its a pity Matt Campbell wasn't 3 years younger, he would have loved all the open looks. Big O needs to practice his shooting a bit more, he is a little rusty this year from 3 point range.

Reply #389098 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Big O needs to practice his shooting a bit more, he is a little rusty this year from 3 point range.

Nah, I think it's just mental... I saw him nail everything (like an NRL player on schoolies) from outside in the pre-season a couple of times... just having one of those stretches...

Reply #389100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ANSTEY lost the game again for the TIGERS

Reply #389125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anstey has to do

Reply #389136 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:28 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754