H
Years ago

SEABL fixture 2013

I see it has been released, what do people think will be big games?

Topic #30051 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Opener.

Reply #389346 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

Geelong get a great start to the season. 10 home games in the first 15 rounds. No wonder they are always doing so well

Reply #389375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just did a quick count. not sure 10 home games in the first 15 rounds is anything special.
Knox, Frankston, Nunawading and NW Tassie all have 11.
Hobart and Albury also both have 10 games at home.
Dandy, Bendgo and Canberra all have 9 each.
Seems pretty even to me?

Reply #389392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

considering that the teams play each other twice - once at home & once away - what does it matter if they start the season with 10 home games in the 1st 15 rounds? The season is only 21 rounds long and they need to fit in 14 home matches, so of course some teams are going to be playing an extended stretch of games at home, either to start the season, middle of the season or at the end of the season but there will still be away games in amongst that; and if anything, wouldn't finishing the season with 10 home games in the final 15 rounds be a better advantage meaning less travel heading into finals?

And take a look at the away games during those 1st 15 rounds - Albury/Wodonga on a Sunday after playing at home the Sat night (so, not an easy trip), 2 weeks later the Tassie double, followed by the trip to Brisbane 2 weeks after that and in another fortnights time its the trip to Mt Gambier - out of their 1st 6 away games, 5 are interstate and within the 1st 8 rounds of the season. That doesn't include the trip up the highway away games, of which there are 5 of them, by the end of rnd 15.

In total, 10 away games in the 1st 15 rounds to match 10 home games - where exactly is the advantage or disadvantage to the Supercats?

Reply #389414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about the triple headers for the interstate teams. How is that fair?
Surely every team has to do it or get rid of it altogether.

Reply #389418 | Report this post

Vesta 19  
Years ago

Triple headers are crazy I agree but in some cases remote teams prefer them to reduce travel costs.

Another anomally that's always stood out for me is how the Tassie double is always Hobart on the Friday night followed by NW Tasmania on the Saturdday. You'd think they would mix these up but apparently Hobart wants their home games on Fridays & I'm sure NW Tasmania are not upset about having every team they play at home on the back end of a road double. It hardly makes for a fair draw though.

Reply #389423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure if it is still the case, but it used to be that Hobart was only able to have access to their home court for Friday night games; same with Mt Gambier, all their home games are Friday nights - so not always the case of just being what a team wants, but sometimes the only option available

Reply #389425 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

If I was Mt Gambier I would choose Friday night at home to make it harder for visiting teams. Guys forced to take a day off work, travel on the day etc.

Reply #389448 | Report this post

Champ  
Years ago

Thats real considerate.

Reply #389572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mount Gambier have it the worst out of all the teams. They drive to nearly every away game.

Reply #389574 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:15 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754