Game of the week

Wouldn't Sturt v West been a better GOTW than Forestville v North?

Excellent work on the banner, nonetheless.

Topic #3006 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I considered Sturt vs West given that ex-coach Ninnis leaves soon and that his partner-in-crime Paul Bell will be playing for West, but I think Ninny is going to be at KB's wedding(?). Aside from that, Sturt beat West by 50 last time and though it'll be more competitive this time around, I don't think its likely to be as contested as other games this round.

Forestville are bringing in more stands than for the Eagles vs Sabres game and hoping for 1000 people (even if they don't get that, it's worth a shot!). They got in touch with me, are running promos, and asking that all juniors attend. Plus, North won both games in Round 1, and Forestville will be hoping for revenge. Add in that both the mens and womens games should be decent viewing.

The other match-up that might be interesting is South vs Centrals men. The womens game is likely to be a beating of epic proportions, but the mens game could go either way. Lions thrashed the Panthers in Round 1, but the Panthers are 4-1 at Marion and could make things interesting.

Reply #34289 | Report this post

It should be an interesting week (for the men anyway) Woodville are probably the only team that I would bet on to win.

Reply #34301 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

Thanks for the promo for the Forestville v North game, Isaac.

Yes, we are adding an extra stand in addition to those used for the Forestville v Sturt games, and are offering free entry to Forestville and North juniors in club uniform. We're hoping as many North fans as possible will be able to make it to the game, to create some atmosphere.

As an extra incentive, there'll be Linfield Road wine tasting in the bar, as well as a canteen and barbeque.

Oh yeah, and the basketball should be pretty decent too!

Reply #34311 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The only thing wrong with the promo is that the Nathan Hawkes chicken doesn't have expletives coming from it's mouth....

Reply #34317 | Report this post

Paulo  
Years ago

We will get 1000 people at the game !! , as we have many activites , eg for the first 100 children that come through the door Free Berri drinks, a BBQ , Wine Tasting next to the BBQ from our sponsor Linfield Wines to support our next fundraiser , free door prize raffle for all adults attending the game , autograph station for kids to get from both men and women after the games, plenty of seating with the stands on court 2 and more !!.Don't Miss it or you will have to wait for number three, later in the season
Paulo

Reply #34323 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

The game promises to be good, but the added activities and attractions make it so much better!

Go Eagles

Reply #34329 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

TR -- originally I had photorealistic images until I got to Tweety. Then I remembered Sam the Eagle, and found Harry Hawk who was yelling in every picture I found -- so from what people have been suggesting, it's perfect!

Reply #34407 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Chepshot Mckay, Looselips Hawkes and Nick "Bald Eagle" Hambour. Will be a great night to get 1,000 people, I urge all North fans to come.

Reply #34635 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:56 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754