jay ray
Years ago

The Sixers-Kings game

We totally enjoyed the game today!!! We don't like the Kings coaches but give them credit for what they have done.

Our team will grow from the battle. The reffs can only learn.

We don't like the "Arm Flail", but if this is the way, we will accept it.

Good job, "36ers"

Topic #30093 | Report this topic

Dana  
Years ago

I was at the game and thought it was a shame the 36ers missed so many shots in the first half. They got better though.
I watch Euroleague every week and I don't like the style of the NBL these last couple of seasons in particular. The 'hustle' or 'physical' play is TOO much. The lightning was pretty full on last Friday as were the Sixers today. I know that the refs were criticised a few seasons ago for stopping the game too much, but more often than not these days they have lost control. Teams like Sydney, Perth, NZ push the boundaries so far that they now play to what they can get away with, rather than good basketball.
Suzie was pushed in the back several times on Friday and got few if any calls. Watching Madgen and Aaron Bruce 'hustle' they are all over the players and they get away with it. It's just not pretty to watch.
In the Euroleague, they penalise 'floppers' where here they seem to reward them.
I think the refs are not helping at all.
Good effort today but % was too low in the first half. They showed some really good spirit in some stages.

Reply #389862 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Its up to the Sixers to match the intensity. However, I think our biggest problem is we dont have that dynamic player that can create their own shot or make a good play....Gibson isnt a closer in my book but hes all we have.

Reply #389961 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Watching Madgen and Aaron Bruce 'hustle' they are all over the players and they get away with it

lol... so Gibbo is just a tough defender then?

Reply #390055 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:11 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754