Basketball Dad
Years ago

Ingles soars

Nice to see Barcelona winning and Jingles and Jawi playing good minutes. Ingles with 22 points and 100% game.

Great work guys!

Topic #30102 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai is the best Aussie on that barca squad hands down! Has had a very solid season.

Interesting that there is no more talk of Ingles and NBA post olympics? He has had a average year. Is the NBA dream gone?

Reply #390067 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Most of the people who thought Ingles would go to the NBA were our local media and any agents who could make a buck out of him.

I don't think too many clued-up guys associated with the NBA saw him as a realistic chance.

Reply #390086 | Report this post

Basketball Dad  
Years ago

Ingles is contracted to the end of the season. Priority sports are dealing with the NBA clubs.

Interesting that we believe that he wont make it, when the talk is there is a great deal of interest. Only time will tell.

Reply #390090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing to do with his contract dad. Im guessing he is on 300-400k over there.
If he was that good an NBA club would buy him out quicker than we take a breath. (NBA buyouts can be up to 500k I believe, per NBA rules) He has been average this season, and I don't think he will get a gig in the NBA, besides an appearance in an NBA cam ala Neville and Khazzouh.

I think Exum, Simmons and possibly Delly are our next best chances in the NBA.

Reply #390102 | Report this post

Basketball Dad  
Years ago

Interesting, Read about what he has said, wants to finish his contract and the NBA clubs already have full rosters, so not if but when and if he does not go he will earn good money in Europe.

We luv to critisize our guys. Hoops has so many I can do but dont cos they US.

He has had good few years and his IQ is good , better than many and has Navaro as the start.

You guys need to look at the fulll picture and not be scatoma

Reply #390106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not criticizing. He is a top level NBL, middle of the pack european player at best. He is NOT an NBA player. Still a great player though.

Even if he does go to the NBA, he would see about as many minutes as Shane Heal, Andrew Gaze and Mark Bradtke. Its just the reality of it. Sorry if its harsh, but its the truth. Leading a guard dominated national team with a coach who let the guards/small forwards shoot whatever they want, definitely helped his cause though, along with Patty's.

Reply #390115 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Gez hows the negativity amongst this forum, Just wow... Joe hasn't been playing to badly as he has a different role in the barca team then he did in the Australian Olympic team. Yes time will tell and i believe you will see Joe suiting up for an NBA club in the 2013-2014 season along with Aron Baynes and Delly

Reply #390120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whilst the NBA has most of the best players in the world and is unrivaled in its athleticism, people shouldn't eulogize it too much. It isn't really that tactically elaborate beyond the pick and roll, and factors like the defensive 3 second rule and a crammed 82 game season mean teams' defenses aren't generally at the same intensity level or as coordinated as in Europe or even the NBL.

I mean have a look at Rubio's numbers in his last year in Spain compared to his rookie season in the NBA. Whilst no one doubts the individual talent in the NBA it is often a lot easier to get a shot off/find an open man in a league without zone defense or the other things I mentioned above.

Having said that Ingles will probably only get an NBA chance if he can prove he has a reliable and consistent midrange and perimeter game.

Reply #390133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

God there's a lot of pot (cock) smokers on this forum. The negativity needs to stop, How bout stfu and go back to your miserable life and let the kid do what he does best. Shove it up the haters. A+ passing ability. A+ defence A+ three point shooting - that's what will get him to the NBA

Reply #390137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A+ ability yet getting inconsistent minutes in Europe and
even being inactive for some games. Great logic. Guess im a hater.

Reply #390148 | Report this post

EuroTra$h  
Years ago

Wow - not many of these posters have much idea at all do they.

His buyout is more significant then the numbers posted in this forum.

He has been having another really solid year putting up some great games including the 22 points at 100% last time out in Euroleague.

He is a solid contributor playing for a perennial Euro powerhouse.

NBA teams are all over it.

The truth of the matter is, can an NBA team make a genuinely attractive offer to him in 2013/14? European power teams such as Barca, Madrid, Macabi, CSKA etc will be looking at picking him up and can offer larger salaries then many NBA teams will be able to.

Reply #390289 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I like that attitude of how he won't make the NBA, but if he does, then it'll only be spot minutes. That's a hating attitude IMO. It's still making the NBA. Who's arguing he'll be playing 35 minutes?!

Reply #390316 | Report this post

Clapped Out Hack  
Years ago

Give me one minute in the NBA and I would talk about it for the rest of my life. Shit I dream about on day getting the chance to watch an NBA game live!!

Reply #390318 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:13 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754