NebraskaFan
Years ago

Chris Harriman- Doing Australia proud

The recent passing of Rick Majerus has highlighted the excellent coaching work of a lesser known Aussie and ex-NBL rookie of the year runner up, Chris Harriman.
Chris has since taken up the assistant coaches role at Nebraska and by all accounts is doing an excellent job.
Could he be the first Aussie to get a coaching gig in the NBA? I think it's a realistic goal.
I remeber Chris Harriman playing as a junior and a little as a Sydney Kings dev. player. A very good defender and passer. Well done Chris and best of luck for the future.

Topic #30108 | Report this topic

Ricey  
Years ago

First Aussie to get a coaching gig in NBA? Ummmm

Reply #390174 | Report this post

NebraskaFan  
Years ago

*head coach

Reply #390214 | Report this post

NebraskaFan  
Years ago

*Other than Dunlap

Reply #390215 | Report this post

NebraskaFan  
Years ago

*Who isnt Australian

Reply #390216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why would harriman be consider for a head coach gig????

Reply #390227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cos he recruited Salecich who left after 10 minutes because Majerus was/is a total lunatic.

Reply #390248 | Report this post

sloptrop  
Years ago

I was coached by Harry in college, he is a good guy but I think he's found he's niche as a international college player recruiter.
Not many assistants get big time head coaching jobs unless taking over from the head coach at current school, they tend to go to lower level schools.
In the future he may have a chance due to his relationship w/ Dunlap but other than that I think he will stay in college.

Reply #392352 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:59 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754