Anonymous
Years ago

Glenunga Hub - New Adelaide court

Hey all, the burnside council has recently approved plans for a much needed upgrade to their courts at Glenunga High School.

Apparently the state of the art courts could be used by local sporting clubs, do you think it is viable for Norwood to move into these new facilities?

It would provide a much needed new court for the club and add some much needed swag to the current crop of courts in Adelaide. Anyhoo, here is the link if anyone is interested....

http://engage.burnside.sa.gov.au/glenunga-hub

Topic #30152 | Report this topic

phil  
Years ago

it would be good if a council would put in some really good public access courts.

most neighbourhoods have a small half court that extends to the 3 point line and they are better than nothing but a bit of a token gesture. used pretty much occasionally and dont encourage kids to be out and active really. i mean how much do they spend on advertising and on research that tells us our kids are getting fatter? putting money into sports infrastructure that is available not just to private school kids would be one of the most effective ways to combat this.

i saw a picture my gf took in lithuania and they had these great courts situated in the middle of a square of cafes. it looked amazing and a place that drew people to it.

i dont see how we dont have the space, money, or people to do this in adelaide?

Reply #391037 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:05 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754