Isaac
Years ago

36ers vs Wildcats, Dec 9

Can the run against Perth continue? Will Dunigan trouble the Sixers in the paint?

Tips?

Topic #30166 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

36ers will win today because every time I place a bet against the 36ers, the 36ers win. So everyone enjoy the win today :)

Dunigan did well against the Hawks but I don't think he will do as well against a big sixers team.

I think Gibson will come out more aggressive to start this one and DJ will be top scorer.

Reply #391164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dunigan will destroy us inside, Wildcats by 11

Reply #391168 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

WILDcats 18

Reply #391171 | Report this post

Carts  
Years ago

Time to get rid of crosswell turnover king he's terrible

Reply #391172 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Good start by Creek.
Maybe he will get some minutes now...

Reply #391173 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

That call against Creek on that offensive rebound is as bad a call as you can make in basketball. Criminal incompetence!

Reply #391174 | Report this post

Moon  
Years ago

The charge no call on Dunigan was even worse though. Ref said he flopped lol

Reply #391176 | Report this post

Carts  
Years ago

Fuck me blow a 7 point lead with 1 minute to go

Reply #391179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good coaching!!! Hahaha

Reply #391180 | Report this post

Carts  
Years ago

Think the boys need to go back to mini ball and learn how to hit a foul shot

Reply #391181 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

What a good game in the end!

Why is the crowd so quiet, on TV it sounds like no one is there?

When's the last time that many players have fouled out in a game?

Reply #391183 | Report this post

Carts  
Years ago

Alex would you turn up if the team can't hit basic foul shots and for fuck sake piss crosswell off that foul shot airball was the end for me and hurry up and get a scoring import

Reply #391184 | Report this post

Wildcats80  
Years ago

As a wildcats fan so happy were down and out all game. Good teams win those sort of games. Another sack Marty week of talk on here I'm sure. Go cats

Reply #391185 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Nathan Croswell runners Vs Brad Robbins dribbling into the key and doing fck all but turnover.

Which is worse?

Adelaide missed free throws Vs Perth missed layups and put backs.

Which is worse?

What does it matter, its all MOOT...Lets the sack Marty threads BEGIN....3...2...1

Reply #391188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

43.5 of 45 mins for weigh? Seriously!

Reply #391189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luke schensher has been cold all game and is playing in overtime. Marty clarke you are a retard

Reply #391190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rather have pero playing

Reply #391191 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

Moon, you might wanna watch that Dunigan flop again. Embarrassing.

Dunigan seems a perfect fit for the Cats. He certainly slops and throws his elbows like a Wildcat.

Shattering loss.

Reply #391194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well with so many players getting fouled out today, I think Masingale would have been good to have. Can only offer more than Crosswell. CJ barely missed a free throw all season and Crosswell was embarrassing today.

I guess Massingale wasnt there to bail out Marty and the 36ers this time against Perth. Great work there marty!

Reply #391196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This a just a ship with no rudder. Seriously cant expect fans to come to the games when they are dishing up this garbage.

Reply #391197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

at six points points down with 30 seconds to go maybe its time to start shooting a three instead of trying to go to the rim derrrrrrh

Reply #391198 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

You know who we could have done with? Massingale.

Reply #391199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The coach has no clue how to get anything near the best out of this team . Terrible combinations and rotations , Schenscher is nigh on useless and the boys have no conviction and belief on any where near a consistent basis .
Absolute Rabble !!

Reply #391200 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Weigh 43 mins 1/5 FG, 6rbs, 8 pts.

Creek 23 mins 6/11 FG, 7 rbs, 13 pts.

Does anyone think Creek can introduce Clarke and Radford to his mother and be retrospectively instated as a 'lovechild'?

Reply #391201 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

FFS about time Creek got some decent minutes for a change & didn't he produce! With Schenscher stuggling so bad of late why wouldn't we look at DJ at the 5 & moving Weigh to the 4 & bringing Creek in at the 3 spot. Creek is a terrific rebounder for his size & his athleticism in the open court is something the 6ers currently lack especially in offensive transition!

Reply #391203 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Quiet crowd . Quieter than normal But Creek and Petre very popular with the crowd .
Crosswell struggling .
Quality players fouled out , the love child unable.

Reply #391204 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Succinct but accurate, Camel.

Reply #391205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many people attended? Watching on the tv it seemed like the smallest crowd ever at a sixers game!! Are people staying away because they are sick of Marty and are trying to send a msg with their feet!!!

Reply #391206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it possible to have a coach that really cant read the flow of a game. Who are the sixers best defenders? Creek and Gibson. Who does Clarke play on Lisch? Weigh. How retarded. Seems there are a severe lack of shooters in the sixers, the pass first shoot second mentality is not how you score points. Bring back Mahersy.

Reply #391207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you can't unsee a Crosswell foul shot

Reply #391209 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

22-45, I think we are done now surely with this situation?

Reply #391212 | Report this post

meegygump  
Years ago

Think Weigh should go back to where he came from..Whole game WTF. Bad assessment of talent..DAMN RIGHT

Reply #391216 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

My main issues were late in regulation crosswell was running the point not gibson and how late (5 mins?) did it take for marty to get creek in late to go on Lisch. Why not have gibson and creek with crosswell to the bench and bring him on once/if we get players in foul trouble then.

Also late we have no real set plays we just run some kinda freelance system that breaks and gets us forced shots.

It was a unique situation with that many players getting bounced but some of the decisions left much to be desired. Still will be there next week, hope the coach wont.

Reply #391218 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ignoring the foul shots, I thought the players threw so much into this game and for the most part did well. Certainly could've used Massingale, funnily enough. Should've played Pero earlier and a touch more to soak up fouls. Very tough loss in the end, losing such key players.

Watching live and without the benefit of replays, so many calls from the refs were thoroughly baffling. And so odd that almost every one of the disqualifying fifth fouls was soft.

Weigh got bulk minutes because he is a pretty capable defender. Many fans under-appreciate Tovey, but he's played a fair few minutes, and his team are one of the best around. He's smart and plays his role, and coaches love that even if fans don't.

Highlight was that patch from Creek with awesome defense, contributing on offense and that great block from out of the pack.

Thought the players deserved a win today, and they must be gutted. Would've been crushing if they'd been booed.

Reply #391220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Facebook.com/Sackmartyclark sign the petition to have Marty removed as coach...how long do you want this rubbish to continue, venting here has done nothing so sign my petition and try something new. Let the players how their true potential under a true coach!

Reply #391221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers now 5-6.

3 game losing streak.

Marty 22-45 all-time.

Is enough ever really enough?

Reply #391222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You reap what you sow Clarke, your days are numbered.

The 36ers are halfway through the season and I can only imagine there confidence is beggining to crumble.
Having a 9 man squad dosent help either. All I can say is sometimes what goes around comes around.

Reply #391224 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

First time to see mark and Marty screaming at their players in defender. Hopefully they knew that was the last game if we let that one slip

Reply #391225 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

Just don't understand why we would have Weigh guarding Lisch in OT when we have Creek on the court. Also Croswell I think its time to retire buddy

Reply #391226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also 36ers outscored 40-23 in 4th Qtr & OT.

Reply #391227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They played well as they typically do against Perth.

Can't stand Clarke but not his fault Jason Cadee (who looks like Diddy Kong) and Crosswell missed their free throws.

Dare I say it the basketball gods weren't smiling on us today. Karma for sacking CJ.

Reply #391228 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Maybe Clarke is betting on the opposition & making a small fortune! Even though the wildcats hit some big shots down the stretch 36ers should never had lost it. They tightened up & definitely lack direction. Looking fwd to Boti's article tomorrow.

It must be frustrating in that locker room...

And petrie u r 6 down with 30 secs remaining what do u do? C'mon u r smarter than that!!

Reply #391229 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Weigh had to stay on - he was by FAR our best defender (apart from Creek and maybe Petrie). Weigh actually did an exceptional job defensively this game

Reply #391234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To all Sixers 'fans' that write garbage on this website - please take the time to read the following(sorry Isaac; you're the only one on here that I know has any idea...). In my opinion, this quote succintly expresses why Marty doesn't care about you:-

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt
"Citizenship in a Republic,"
Speech at the Sorbonne, Paris, April 23, 1910

Jeff Dowdell (Former 36er and despiser of ugly, opinionated and uninformed 'fans')

Reply #391235 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Took a mate along today who had never been before. One thing he commented on was the playing style differences.

Adelaide: In offence fluffed around the arc, then shot the ball.
Perth: Dribble drive penetration all the time to test the defence.

Luke didn't look confident with the ball. What's wrong with if there's a clear path to goal - GO! There's this thing called a dunk. Looks like Marty has to him to dish off every time.

I'm sorry Marty, but you need to change your game day coaching style and keep game plays simple to let things flow and let the guys think, or just go.

Reply #391236 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Weigh has great size for a 3 man & can defend. Not sure if his minutes are the problem. I'd play him heaps as well. A coaching change now could still give u a sniff of a c/ship. Not sure what's stopping the move. most under performing pro coach i've heard of?

Reply #391238 | Report this post

Kmoney  
Years ago

the players are not the problem besides perhaps crosswell who humiliated us with foul shot and dumb turnovers non stop. Anyhow Clarke cannot coach NBL atlest not successfully, i would be happy with many other options....smythe

Reply #391239 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Jeff, I know you were at the game today because I saw you with Isaac and Ben.

The Sixers were up by 7 with a minute and 2 seconds to play. In your opinion, where did the Sixers go wrong today? What do they need to do (or not do) to stop these games from slipping through their fingers?

Reply #391244 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Watching the end of regulation again was there really a moment when we lost it, or was it a case of Perth taking it?

Reply #391247 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Jeff Dowdell (Anon #391235)

Your point may be well made but don't tar all of the people who post on this and other sites with a single brush. Also, sit yourself in teh shoes of a fan who has supported the 36ers for almost 30 years and whose entry fees are a large part of what helps the club to survive. Passionate fans who truly care for the 36ers are very frustrated.

Roosevelt also said "It is by no means necessary that a great nation should always stand at the heroic level. But no nation has the root of greatness in it unless in time of need it can rise to the heroic mood." Replace "nation" with "team" and this is what many fans are looking for in the the 36ers. The ability to rise to the occasion and emerge triumphant. Today was a great chance for them to do that and they fell short.

Sadly, over the last few years, they have repeatedly fallen short. I for one don't believe the players, the coaches and the rest of the organisation lack heart or lack desire, regardless of the fact it sometimes seems like that. Given that, the failures of the last few years can then only be due to lacking the ability to consistently rise to the occasion and emerge triumphant.

In other words, somewhere in the constellation of players, coaching and administration, the 36ers just haven't been good enough. Moreover, in the last 2 years, they haven't been good enough by a very long way. This is what the fans see and are frustrated to see. Because we care and because of the club's past great achievements, expectations are high and repeated disappointment leads to much of what is read on here.

It's also worth noting that not all of the words you will read on here are misplaced - I'm sure you will agree that your own may be a case in point. There are some well thought out views that are based on well argued theses. If those theses are ill informed then whose responsibility is it that fans don't have access to good information?

finally, remember that the NBL is now a professional sport. It's likely that most of the the 36ers' players and coaches will not be associated with the club in 10 years' time. Hell, only 1 player still is here from 2 years ago! They are professionals and will change employers and careers. But the fans will still be here.

We are here for the club and not for the money or the career opportunities. The return on our emotional investment in the club is the high we get from seeing it succeed and being part of that success, in the stands. So that gives us some rights to be critical shareholders and to demand changes we think will help the club to return to the place we all want it to be - the most successful NBL club ever.

So thanks for your input - it was well put - but don't deny us fans our input too.

Reply #391252 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I am only the watcher , Jeff. The watcher is not important . Anyways , Weigh fans have a great day out there.

Reply #391254 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Petrie driving was right move. Was a lane for him to take, and the way refs had called that past couple quarters for Perth, should have been a foul. Hits that layup and the and one, back in game.

Crowd participation was horrible, as has been all season. That I put on music guy, and announcer though, they need to learn what to play/say and when, it baffles me every game how they continue to do the same thing and get the same result.

Refs didn't help us much with the 3 guys getting fouled out, but that can't be made an excuse.

Guys played their hearts out, despite what the guy 2 rows behind me may think.

Passing was worst its been for us in awhile though. Effectively the biggest issue in the game for us.

Marty however should've once again made better substitution decisions. Daly and Pero at end of 3rd? I thought we had a 20 point lead when they came on, then I looked at scoreboard, 10 point lead!... Creek should've been on most/all of 4th, we needed his defence, and open court offence.

Will say this though, so happy to see we finally have a team again that isn't afraid to play physical and stand up for themselves. It's very refreshing!

Reply #391255 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Pero and Daly on at the end of the third was because of Gibson and Schenscher having four fouls though wasn't it?

Reply #391258 | Report this post

TheRogueSkolar  
Years ago

Was it like 42 degress out in the Adelaide today? I could see the tumbleweeds rolling in the bleachers. I know it can get hot out in the A' in the summer but damn that Arena was empty. But I can understand what with the coaching staff issue and all.

HTF do you blow a 6/7 point lead with less than a minute to play!? I turned off the set in OT when Perth was up by around 5 or so with a buck to play.

Two major dissapointments this week, my two teams lost to the team that I just can't fking stand! Although, I've gotta say Dunnigan makes Perth infintely more likeable.

Absolutely shattered.

Reply #391260 | Report this post

mk  
Years ago

Blablabla perth this perth that!!! Why every one dislikes perth???? Are they that good and u wish ure team can be as good as us??? Get over ure selves!!!!

Reply #391268 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Is that Jeff Dowdell supporting the Adelaide coaching staff? Or are you just saying people who have never played or coached at the highest level should not offer an opinion? Surely u know better than anyone what a pair of fools these coaches are?

Reply #391269 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That offensive foul call on Cadee and then the missed FTs were killers. When Pero was pushing Dunigan rather than watching for the rebound, giving it up to Dunigan, that's when we were effectively done IMO. Loads of pressure for Cadee given that half of the best defensive guards in the NBL were against him at that point.

Weigh's D was pretty strong all game, I thought.

Was the rebound count 30-30 at one point? Means they killed us from that point.

Reply #391270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Jeff, I hope some of these fools read your post and understand the disappointment our team feels and the pressure they have on themselves to perform.

Reply #391275 | Report this post

crispy whippet  
Years ago

I agree Weigh is a good defender but is he mobile enough to defend Lisch? NO. The biggest issue in where the sixers have lost close games is that they seem scared to shoot bar Johnson and Gibson but I think Gibson doesnt want to seem greedy, compare him to say Kieron Henry (sorry if my spelling is off) he is prepared to shoot when he is on fire where i think Gibson will pass. You cant win a game by passing.

Got to agree, the crowd was extremely disapointing. Is it that they have lost faith? Or are we suffering from the GFC?

When i look back to the days when the sixers won titles they had explosive scorers and imports that could expolde for 20+ points in a matter of minutes. We have the players to explode for a mass of scoring, they just seem scared to shoot. The dribble penetration is working but if you have a shot from outside (Croswell/Cadee) Shoot!

Hopefully something will click and Schensher will gain a length in speed and we might be able to close out some close games

Good luck Sixers

Reply #391276 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Crowd was 3485
Seems Weigh's D on Redhage and Lisch was pretty good
Aw well.

Reply #391280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brett Maher is ready.

Reply #391281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3,400? That has to be the lowest crowd in Adelaide in years.

Reply #391282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The refs were just woeful today.

Reply #391284 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

Best two ref's in the league
Aylen and Butler both in Adelaide along with the short ref who called the strange foul on Creek for the athletic play where his legs were taken out from under him

Reply #391287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And they both reffed poorly.

The call on Creek was for the push he gave Hire before jumping over him.

Reply #391288 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

I expected the Wildcats to win comfortably but I was proud of the Sixer's effort to stay in control for as long as they did, even when Perth took a 2 point lead midway through the last. They clawed back and looked good but Perth's quality showed in the end.

I thought the key moment was Gibson's fifth foul. He had done a fantastic job on Lisch and once off the court the Wildcat's, and particularly Lisch, went up another level. Schenscher's and Johnson's fifth fouls required a miracle and the Sixer's just couldn't keep with them.

Lisch 3's were all class with that one over two defenders in front of the Sixer's bench in overtime one for the highlight reel given the point in the game. I just looked at those around me and said 'no way'. Dunigan was great to watch too, so much personality but also a great power game. Credit due, Perth were too good.

It has been a tough month and especially this past week. I don't feel sorry for Townsville next week, and I'm predicting a blowout win for the Sixers because they showed spirit today which I expect them to carry through to next week.

Reply #391290 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

Could someone please let Croswell know when the Masters Games are on, as that is what he is now only capable of playing in.

Reply #391295 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Ticket prices are partly the reason why some fans might lean to not attending. It might sound like a bad excuse, but I don't want to pay $25+ to go watch 2 hours of unpassionate ball with the only ones showing some emotion being Gibson and Creek.

Couple that with it being on tv just 30 minutes delayed and I can see why a lot of people would lean towards not going

Reply #391296 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Ingles, of all the things I would say of that game - it not being passionate is not one of them. Looked to me like the Sixers left it all out on the floor tonight, but ran out of talent with their two best offensive players fouled out. Still shouldn't have blown a 7 point lead with 1:11 on the clock, but that just comes down to a couple of poorly executed plays without Gibson on court.

Reply #391297 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

These Sunday games dont help either.

Reply #391298 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Watched UFC live and caught the Sixers replay.

Well now.

That went well.

Reply #391299 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No more with the petition please. It's been posted and anyone who wants to sign it will have. Same goes with the Facebook page being plugged. Fans are perfectly capable of expressing their frustration independently.

Reply #391305 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

What about my petition about too many petitions?

If you think there are too many petitions in this world, go to petitions.com.au/nomorepetitions

Reply #391306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Good: There was no 'Sack Marty Chant'.

The Bad: A lot of people have voted with their wallets. Adelaide v Perth. Long time arch rivals. Has to be the lowest crowd for the 36ers since Apollo Stadium. Very disappointing.

Passionate fans voicing their displeasure on this forum isn't the problem.

It's the 1000's no longer going to the games.

Disappointing as that was a heck of a game. One of the best during the Clarke era even if we didn't come away with the win.

The Woodville Warriors kids did a great job of making noise.

If we aren't selling the seats lets try and get as many district kids behind the baskets via free tickets. That will hopefully result in future sales and improve the atmosphere at a venue that now resembles that of a library.

Reply #391307 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

How ironic that when we needed someone capable of hitting foul shots or someone to step up and win the game there was no CJ.....

Sixers looked so much better today and the main reason was Gibson was aggressive every quarter, Creek playing big minutes and we actually pushed the ball and got some easy scores from either layups or foul shots.

IMO Weigh was useless in his time of almost 43 minutes. We could have accepted Lisch getting a layup but instead he let him have enough space to hit a 3. Then he had the chance to win it but got scared and instead of shoot it just held it and then when he had no other option forced it up. 6 of his 8 points where from foul shots. Creek should always get his minutes every game. The only reason why he didn't look that bad was because Tovey is an even worse Ghost. Perth will once again not win the title because they have players like Tovey and Robbins not contributing.

Crosswell 17 minutes, 0 points (0-3), 2 turnovers, 1 assist, 2 rebounds and possibly the worst foul shot airball ever in the NBL says it all. Daly would be a better defender and would actually be able to stretch the defense in offense since he can actually shoot the 3.

Gibson did some brilliant defense on Lisch and got him fired up and usually Lisch is useless then. Unfortunately in the second half Lisch settled down. It was a shame Gibson fouled out he really needed to stay in the game however credit for a more consistent game.

Reply #391312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

crowd may have been 3485 as far as tickets sold ncluding season tickets but there was certainly not that many there

Reply #391315 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Also the umpires where generally good (especially at the start of the game) however there were some really bad calls that went both ways.

Reply #391316 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

PeterJohn
Great post.

Reply #391326 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

KingJames, agree re Gibson's early aggression. Seriously disagree re Weigh, Tovey and Robbins.

Game after game, Bevo starts Tovey and it's for a reason. I feel like the Toveys and Bouchers of the NBL are a test to weed out people who don't understand the game.

Reply #391328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weigh made one field goal in 43 minutes.... thats hard to imagine really.

Reply #391329 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

Id love to know why Redhage had 4 fouls to his name, with 7 to go, then gets called and the scorebench didnt change it to 5 fouls and subsequently this would have been 5 PF. Might be time to get these fatties off their backside if they can push the right button.

Refs; wow. When the guy in front who loves the refs normally says bad things about them, they must be bad.

Dear Marty Clark; perhaps as members we should all send in our view that you arent the right man for the job and we need someone who can coach.

Many thanks

Reply #391334 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

The foul on Redhage with 7min to go in the last quarter was his fourth. Thats why they didnt change it to 5.

Reply #391337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We need to make a change asap, how did we lose this game? we had it under control in a very winnable position upto the final minute, then we lose it in OT.

Very frustrating, i reckon 99% of other teams would have won the game from the 36ers position, especially at home.

How does this team have a below 50% record? also baffles me. We shoulda hired Heal, he would have us top of the ladder, look what he has done for the kings! (i cant beleive im support Heal, but its true.)

Did the coaches not see how Schensch was used in the Crocs the last 2 teams, in PLAYOFF teams, how we basically run nothing through him down low, just baffles me, mus frustrate him also. We basically have 2 of the best big guys in the league and still live and die on the perimeter, far out we have 3 pg's how hard is it to set up a play for Schenscher inside or Johnson inside or medium range, surely its not that hard.

Sure Schenscher isnt in the greatest of form, but he has proven give him the ball run things through him and good things happened. He was the 1st or 2nd option at the Crocs who are less talented than our team and they made the PLAYOFFS. What could the excuse be? we dont have the shooters, Weigh has been quite efficient and shooting a high clip and Cadee, Gibson, CJ (if he was used properly) are all decent shots and basically as good as the Crocs guards, its like they dont watch and learn from other teams and coaches and its like they dont wanna change or WIN! Schensch himself must be frustrated. The guy has won everywhere and we recruit him and basically dont use him, far out we shoulda kept Ninnis, he would have used him properly (Schensch was 17 and 10, and surprise surprise we made playoffs!) and also got this team into the playoffs, as he did in his first season.

This must make Ninnis chuckle aswell, Clarke seems to have been given far more than he ever was (Ninnis wasnt allowed to change imports as freely and had cheaper rosters from memory) and he has done WORSE! In the end as much as people called for Smyth and Ninnis to be sacked we would be better right now if we had either of them.

How do the owners/management see this?

Invite any of the posters on this site to head coach, (not really, but couldnt be worse) get a proven coach, at this point id be happy with any of Wright,Joyce, Gleeson, Westover, Molloy, Stacker they would have to be better than what we have now, hell id even bring back Smyth or Ninnis or give KB and Maher a shot, we just need a change, look what happened to the Crows when they let Bickley finnish the season then appointed Sando, they improved out of site and it revitalized the whole club and excited the whole fan base again, and Crowds also grew, wouldnt the club want this!

demote Clarke and Radford to development coaches, and they will probably walk, that will save the payout and i almost guarantee the team will win with basically anyone coaching who uses Schenscher properly and lets everyone play there natural game.

I think it was Madgen who said that Heal just focuses on his players strengths and puts them into possition to use them freely, and look how good the Kings are going, please Clark/who ever coaches the team next, do something similar, and players will enjoy playing for you, play with passion and play hard all game every game, if that happens with our team we will WIN alot of games!

Reply #391339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac - agree. sitting front row today was seriously impressed with Tovey and his control of the game and facilitation if the offence. Plays that point forward role well.

Robbins is solid but wouldnt put him in the same class as Boucher and Tovey.

Reply #391340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leaving Creek left off for most/all? of the 4th quarter when he was playing and defending so well lost the game IMO. Too many turnovers in the 1st half and start of the 3rd. Petrie had no trouble getting the ball into the forward court as the link up man.

Perth really struggled to score when Creek, Gibson, DJ and Petrie were on the floor (and of course Weigh all game). Putting Weigh on Lische was a disaster, Çreek was effective, but got put on him too late. Bad matchup, but Weigh's defence before that was pretty good on the slower players today.

Crosswell too slow, got dribbled past by all the Perth guards.Everyone steps back off him as he cant/wont shoot from outside,and shoots very flat from rare occasions he gets inside the key. Daly would have been a much better option. It seems like Cadee and Crosswell are no threat from outside and as guards they should be hitting some per game.

Terrible ,inexcuseable foul shooting by Crosswell and Cadee

Schencher - please retire, unfortunately a liability on court this season. If your going to get minutes try to stick somewhere under the basket in defence instead of running out to anyone who wants to dribble past you.

Reply #391341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Third time this season we've blown a double figure lead at 3-Qtr time.

Reply #391342 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Gibbo & DJ were killing us. If they hadn't fouled out there's no way the Cats get it anywhere near OT IMO. Gibbo in particular was phenomenal. Running things at one end and completely blanketing, and frustrating the hell out of, Lisch at the other.
Must have been a particularly painful loss for that smallish number of 36ers fans that turned up because they were clearly playing the better basketball for most of the game.
Redhage was great for us. Only Wildcat who looked remotely dangerous over the first 35 minutes or so. Hire & Tovey were valuable too, and while Dunigan missed some absolute sitters (at least a couple of which he should have just dunked) I was impressed with his ability to stay in the game, because we sure as hell needed him once Redhage & Wagstaff were fouled out.

Don't know what the hell got into the refs today. Could hardly ask for a better crew, but they did a terrible job.

Reply #391345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just want Marty to get sacked. If that means the 36ers lose a few games than so be it. Short term pain for long term gain.

Reply #391348 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

It's noticable the difference Adelaide plays with against Perth opposed to against other teams, we seem to play quicker get it down the court kind of basketball. We have a talented bunch, I feel like they're restricted by Marty's game plan and tactics, they need to play more like the 36ers under Smyth did run and gun type style backing the players to be the talented people they are. These guys are meant to be professionals, not youngsters under development - less cuddling and give them the right to play freely!

Reply #391356 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

You guys all complain about Weigh not scoring, but in Perth he was effective as a spot up shooter, he shoots the three at 44% yet nothing is run for him. 34 3 point shots in 11 games, compare that to pc from the Crocs who hasn't been great by any stretch, but has put up 67 3 point shots at 34% in 12 games. If you are going to play your best three point shooter (who is also a great defender and rebounder)35 minutes regularly get the guy some open looks ffs.

Reply #391360 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seems Tovey was gonna start and Weigh off the bench , over there. A highly paid player here , playing the most minutes - surprised he wouldn't take the shot from 6foot and passed to Pero , for no result , in overtime , with quality players fouled out , thought the marque player could step up.

Reply #391371 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

Its a shame but fact is, the club just doesnt have the money to pay out clarkes contract and then get another coach. They are aware of what we think... but when your basicly getting by on this skin of your teeth financially its very hard to find money to do these things, he will be gone next season.

Reply #391381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hurls, if that is correct we need to get to the games and support, not make the problems worse.

Reply #391383 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And regardless of the result or Clarke's coaching, yesterday's game was great entertainment.

Reply #391388 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

kr, it is oncorrect to say that Weigh effective here in Perth as a spot-up shooter. His one go-to move was backing down a smaller defender on the baseline and hitting a turn-around jumper on him. As a shooter everyone goes on about his great form but he was never reliable, and was forever in & out of the starting lineup because he didn't contribute much else. Frankly I still don't know what his strengths are. He is strictly "ok" in several facets of the game, which makes it difficult to define a role for him.

Reply #391392 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw , versatile .
Still , SOS gonna make me lonesome , if they go .

Reply #391394 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dan, good honest defender, knows the plays. I think those are his key things. Not enough to carry a team by any stretch (problematic last year), but I think he can play that Tovey type of role for Adelaide. Good stamina, plays straight up so avoids a few fouls, etc. A lot of people would see a Tovey-comparison as a bad thing, but he's starting and Perth are a successful team. It's not like Bevo is an idiot, babying him through the game for some reason.

Reply #391395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cant afford to pay him out but by not doing so it has cost club more with dwindling crowd numbers and having to now pay more for another import and so on...

Reply #391397 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The game was entertaining, result aside.

I like recording the game and watching it after seeing it live. There's nothing like watching sport live with the atmosphere, but the TV has other angles that compliment watching it.

I particularly liked watching the foul calls. It's good to see that the refs are right in their own mind! It got me thinking though that for some calls, you almost need a video referral at times (NBA do it)

Reply #391399 | Report this post

meegygump  
Years ago

The problem with Weigh is that he isnt a leader. When things get tough thats when we need our captain to sort shit out and lead from the front..Didnt say either from Weigh. Great defender, dont know about that my point is you cant play a guy for that long who basically contributed squat. As for the rest of the team our turnovers are killing us and our inability to make things happen when the heat is on is disaterous...maybe its got something to do with the offence that even the players describe as complicated!!!

Reply #391493 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Weigh isn't the captain. He also isn't a vice-captain. Captains are Gibson and Crosswell, and Petrie is vice-captain.

Reply #391504 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I think its fkn funny that with so many players fouled out, yesterday's game would have been perfect for CJ to coming in FRESH (because he'd have played fk all minutes) and attacked Perth's guards (who have been tired - being their second game of the weekend and OT as well).

But where was CJ?

Ohh..

Reply #391512 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

Id hope a guy who plays 43 out of 45 minutes offered some leadership. 1 field goal from a guy who does love to shoot in so much playing time isnt good. Defense is one thing got to bring it at both ends to be a star.

Reply #391523 | Report this post

Moon  
Years ago

Agree about Massingale. If Marty didnt send him home they would have won that. For that decision alone Marty has to go.

Reply #391533 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Weigh was capitain last season , that's why people are confused . They're confused about a lotta things.
This is the guy that was gonna drag all these fans in thru the door .

Reply #391536 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:24 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754