celtic green
Years ago

Love hates Kahn!

Kevin Love talking about the timberwolves and how unstable they are. Basically from what I read between the lines unless the Wolves are challenging for a title in 2 years he is gone. Good work David Kahn!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kevin-love-remains-unsure-about-timberwolves--future-200009299.html

Topic #30211 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love is a dick, they've got a good core when Rubio comes back. He's been listening to Lebron too much.

Reply #391951 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Can't he opt out this offseason and be a FA?

Reply #391958 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Pretty fair assessment IMO. This team has had so many high draft picks in the last 5 years and Love is the only one who has delivered. (Rubio will once the knee comes good)
Since Love was drafted (Which was by trade when McHale was running things) the Wolves have drafted 4 times in the top six and struck out on 3 of them:

2009 -
5. Rubio - played half a season but has the potential to be an all star.
6. Flynn - Out of the league
(could have taken Curry/DeRozan/Holiday/Jennings)
2010 -
4. Johnson - Traded to Phoenix in a salary dump/on his way outta the league
(could have taken Cousins/Monroe/George)
2011 -
2. Williams - Currently getting DNP's and being shopped on the trade table
(could have taken Knight/Thompson/Leonard/Shumpert/Faried)

They could have had a young starting lineup of

Rubio
DeRozan or Curry
Thompson or Leonard
Love
Cousins or Monroe

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but this team seems to be consistantly bad at evaluating talent.

Love will be out of there as soon as he is a free agent and I think its completely justified.

Reply #391976 | Report this post

johnny_sack  
Years ago

To be fair Williams was by far the consensus #2 pick in his draft - and i think he is actually starting to play at a level that is commensurate with a lotto pick ( remember he is playing under RA and behind the best PF in the NBA). He's still 21-22 yo don't forget, and his numbers in 20 mpg are actually pretty respectable. Going on the eye test also, he is starting to get it when he gets PT he forces less shots and plays in the flow of the game more...

Wes was also seen as the "safe" consensus pick by many ahead of DMC (who may still blow up in a bad way). The red flags with Wes were there (age, transfer status, etc) but a lot of observers were willing to o/l them cause he was so "NBA ready"... In hindsight should have traded down or reached for Paul George - but that's ancient history.

Kahn definitely doesn't have a shiny record (even on Flynn alone), but DW and Wes need to be evaluated in context...

Minny will make the post-season this year (with Rubio back, Shved acclimatizing, Budinger back, Josh Howard in game shape, Dante, Williams, They will be deep come the sharp end of the season - pending injuries). And they will surprise when there...

Reply #391983 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

I remember the talk around the Wes pick; a lot of people wondered why take him over Cousins just cause big man are so few and far between. Monroe was not really in the picture with anyone to go that high.
Kahn & Taylor stuffed up big time by pissing the best PF in the game off; to get a big man that good that young who wants to play in Minnesota? They did not sign him to the max then they allow him to have an out after 2 seasons? Crazy. Love will leave, bolt to the lakers is my guess, and Minny fans will go nuts (deservedly so) and then the rebuilding will start again. Love is not going to waste his prime in the wasteland of mediocrity like Garnett did.

Reply #392168 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:56 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754