Yeo
Years ago

Shepparton Big V should be D1?

Startring clear title favourites, can anyone tell me why Shep are not in D1 and instead are starting back in D2 where they will be a clear cut above the rest?

Topic #30216 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

If Shepparton get within 20 points of Keysborough mate they would have done well.

Reply #392047 | Report this post

Years ago

"anon's" post is hilarious.

Reply #392055 | Report this post

BobbyO  
Years ago

I think everyone here are forgetting Melton.. These guys will be strong. Along with Keilor (who have been together for 3 or 4 years now)
Zaine Allen is a decent players.. but will far from dominated Div2.
Bartlett will be a good Div2 player.

But.. Kev Benn will be the only player who will truly dominate.

The teams in Div 2 will or should be relieved Horsham arnt in this year.

Reply #392058 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Kevin Benn with Nat O'Hara and Tim Brook all joining Keysborough. All to go with a strong line up Keysie will dominate.

Reply #392071 | Report this post

BB  
Years ago

Keysie and Shepparton will be clear favourites, Keilor and Melton will be along way off those top two sides.

Reply #392077 | Report this post

abc123  
Years ago

"Bartlett will be a good div2 player" come on now, lets not be modest about it. I haven't seen much of div2 but Bartlett will be more than good! Has spent the last 3 years involved with Bendigos SEABL program and got an invite to train with Melbourne Tigers over summer (I know its only Melbourne and you can say what you want about coach not knowing what he is doing, but its still opportunity to train with a NBL club)

Played very well as a 16-18 year old when shepp were last in BigV

Reply #392088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bartlett is overated.. Melton will be the team to beat, word is Collier and maybe C Bruce to play for Melton for the season as they both live in Ballarat.

Reply #392101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keysy with import to come. Watch this space

Reply #392118 | Report this post

abc123  
Years ago

How do you claim he is over rated?

C Bruce and Collier to Melton for the year sounds plausible, would be huge recruits if Melton pull it off. Would not wanna piss off other players purely cos these 2 plan on playing for 1 year.

What about T Pickert?

Reply #392151 | Report this post

Years ago

Bartlett WAS a potential future NBL going downb to D2 is crazy and I dont understand why he would do it. WTF???

He must be getting some good $$$

Reply #392191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melton will be up there. Although signing Collier and Bruce are not the smartest moves that association could do.

Thoughts on Shep V Melton GF series??

Reply #392194 | Report this post

abc  
Years ago

What about Keilor?

Reply #392201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why wouldnt signing the leading rebounder, assist and steals be smart?

Who have keilor signed?

I am predicting a Keysey v Melton GF

Reply #392204 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Shepp haven't even played a game yet and we are talking about them like the Heat!

As we have seen with teams that have loaded up in the Big V over the last few years it often takes a team that has been a core together for a couple of seasons who know how to play the league/division that wins.

Think it will be a good learning curve for Shepp and hope they go well but i think starting them in D2 is a good move for all concerned.

Unlike CB whom had a number of ex-Seabl vets and a SEBAL level import, Shepp by all reports are going to have a large number of Big V rookies with a few ex-Shepp juniors thrown in.

Reply #392205 | Report this post

abc123  
Years ago

Sometimes people make decisions on things other than playing ball at the highest level/getting paid the most. Maybe like wanting to move back home, maybe like needing full time work, maybe like starting a career?

Reply #392210 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Maybe like actually getting to play since he barely got that opportunity last year!

Reply #392213 | Report this post

notlem  
Years ago

Melton V Keilor or Melton V Shep GF series. Keysy wont be there, they may have Kevin Ben and Tim Brook but have NO backcourt and have had way to many retirements

Melton would have beaten Keysborough as well if they were in this years GF and only lost to Craigieburn in the Semi's due to a large number of injuries. CBruce and Collier as long as Melton's NZ super recruit - MR HENRY

Keilor have retained EVERYONE from this year they have played together for ages and always do well as they are one of the best coached teams in the league plus they are very physically strong.

Shep will have a solid back court in terms as well as a balanced roster. If they dont win it this year they will next year.

Reply #392222 | Report this post

BobbyO  
Years ago

I have heard Collier is staying at Ballarat and playing Miners or maybe having a year off.
Bruce I havent heard anything, so maybe Melton.. But he would be behind afew of their guards in rotation. Dunno if he would like sitting on the pine for long stints!

Reply #392229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even without those guys Melton will still be up there. I must admit even before i had read these posts I thought that Shepparton would be the teams to beat.

Not sure about Keilor all they do is try to beat teams up, wouldnt call that 'physically strong'. Thats more just being a group of thugs and not in the spirit of the game.

Reply #392245 | Report this post

abc123  
Years ago

The biggest thing with Shepp is the potential "red head 5"

If they get commitment from all of their best players, they will be able to field a ranga 5, which all reports say would then lead to Chris Novak looking to come out of retirement to play with Shepp to add to the firey red head patrol.

FEAR THE RANGA

Reply #392261 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

If Novak plays he will destroy D2

Reply #392270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shep dont need to sign Novak and they should avoid going down the same path as in the past and then end up with nothing.

Reply #393048 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:16 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754