The truth
Years ago

NBA Rumour Mill

Some trade Rumours have already started....

Memphis are dead keen on getting rid of Jason Willams .. its belived talks have already started with the t wolves .. for J-will a striaght swap with Sam Cassel ...

also The cavs are keen on signing antonio Daniels made changes to player payments to fit him under the cap ...

Anthor rumour is that Kidd could end up at houston ... how ever this one is long way off ever happening and id have my money on him staying a jersey ..

Isah Thomas is keen on filling the coaching space at the knicks with Nate Mcmillan .. good luck to who ever takes that job .. nothing seems to keep knicks fans happy

anthor rumour is Jalen Rose could end up at the knicks ... Rumours were that he would be a knick before the trade deadline but deals fell through.. how ever the knicks are still keen on geting jalen.

Flip saunders is also ment to be the front runner to coach the Cavs next season with phil Jackson becoming less likely

Hakim Warrik Predicted to go pick 19 has had intrest shown by a few teams as high up as the jazz at number 4 .. the jazz are unlikely to warrick at number 4 but i would put money on him going higher then 19...

Topic #3023 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

why would you swap cassel for williams? what good does that do for memphis, sam is old now.

Reply #34558 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Cassel is a big game player and can lead a team, which is what Memphis needs at the moment. A leader.

I doubt Kidd will be leaving Jersey any time soon.

Reply #34579 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Personally I think Memphis would be mad to trade 'White Chocolate' for Cassell.

C'mon, trading a guy that is in his prime for an old PG with bad knees and hips who now should probably be only a back-up.

The Griz can do better than that!!!

The only way the Rockets would get Kidd is if they gave up Yao. Not happening!!!

Reply #34580 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Bizzy, have you seen games of cassel playing these days?
The fella plays for himself (pay rise anyone?) and is past it in my opinion

Reply #34584 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Houston might not have to give up anyone for Kidd. He may be a free agent. Anyone know when his contract runs out?

Reply #34585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hi Doc,

Kidd signed i beleive a 7 year, Max $$$ contract at the start of last season. So unless they work a buyout there is no way the Rox will be picking him up in Free Agency

Reply #34591 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Yer I agree, Sam definitely plays for himself and that's far from being a leader. From what I saw with Williams though at the end of the season it was pretty ugly. He went ballistic at the press after they were swept. I would say he's a loose cannon who they no longer want to worry about.
Either way I think you'll see a very different team at Minnesota next year with them likely to dump Cassell and Sprewell.
Phil Jackson is supposedly talking with LA again, but Kobe isn't making anytime to talk to Phil so I think he'd be stupid to go back. He was originally rumoured to be going back to the Knicks which I think would be great, definitely a challenge for Phil which I don't think he's had for a while.
I think the only thing keeping him from signing with the Knicks is the fact that he has a family in LA and he's dating the Laker's owners daughter, who just happens to be an executive with the Lakers and the only thing that would probably keep him from signing with LA is Kobe!

Reply #34592 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

get off my site the truth,i own that site.

Reply #34675 | Report this post

jc  
Years ago

sam is nothing compared to jason williams coz he's old and cannot work in a team.williams and garnett would work perfectly together.

Reply #36477 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:33 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754