Anonymous
Years ago

Creek injury situation

Topic #30241 | Report this topic

G Rudd  
Years ago

My coverage kept freezing, what happened to Mitch Creek. To the game, well done to my Crocs, maybe it's a lesson to the 36ers fans, you can't get ahead of yourselves and pencil in the win, just because we are last. We have a good record against the sixers. Crocs on the rise. Merry Xmas to everyone on this site, and hope Mitch is ok.

Reply #392403 | Report this post

Opt  
Years ago

Looked like he's achilles. I felt a tear it looked so tragic

Reply #392406 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Good news for Weigh...he'll get more minutes.

Reply #392408 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

And who else would have been ideal to step up for Creek?

Reply #392410 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Bring back CJ.

On a serious note, the 36ers are stuffed, Petrie will now back up the 3,4 and 5, Crosswell backs up the 1 and 2.

Good luck with that.

Reply #392419 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Looked like a knee, ACL maybe? I ain't a doctor but it looked more knee than achilles IMO

Reply #392420 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

In the slow mo you could see the Achilles give way, if thats fully torn unfortunately his biggest weapon as a player could be taken away from him.

Reply #392425 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

He might still be ok. Greatest player ever - Michael Jordan - didn't have an achilles.

Reply #392428 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

It's his achilles.. Likely done for the year.

Reply #392435 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Crowd was the loudest for Creek playing out there .
Injury looked pretty bad . Crowd gonna miss him.
A lot quieter out there.

Reply #392438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, club said he snapped his Achilles. That is at least 6 months if I am correct?
CJ sacking couldn't have come back to bite Clarke any worse...

Reply #392448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL! Hey Adelaide, Pero is now you're number 8.

Reply #392455 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Queue the calls for the following players to be signed (not necessarily in order).

Willie Farley
Kevin Brooks
Darren Ng.
Orlando Phillips.

Reply #392466 | Report this post

Opt  
Years ago

Adelaide 36ers young gun Mitch Creek ruptured his Achilles with six minutes to go in the final quarter tonight.

The 36ers were leading 64-60 before Creek went down with his Achilles.

Team mate Nathan Crosswell ruptured his Achilles just over a year ago and has finished his recovery.

The team lost their momentum and went down to the Crocs 75-80 in a disappointing end to the game.

We understand that Mitch will be seeing the recommended Club surgeon on Monday morning and will be booked in to surgery this coming week.

http://www.nbl.com.au/teams/36ers/news/article/article/2012/december/creek-ruptures-achilles/

Reply #392467 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Really feel for him. He'd strung together two good games, would've been looking forward to the dunk comp, and now this. He asked to be wheeled out so he could see the end of the game and watch his team.

It's clearly evident that he is a huge fan of both the sport and passionate about this team in an adopted city. I wish every player who came to Adelaide or grew up here showed such passion for the 36ers.

Mitch, love watching you play and hope your recovery goes well.

Reply #392483 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Years ago

Did he slip on sweat?

Was it near where Evin slipped
just before half time was it?

Reply #392509 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Nah Gary was near the sideline, Creek was mid court between three point arc and centre line.

Saw him on the massage bench in the tunnel watch from there, have to agree with everything Isaac said. For someone who many think could feel disgruntled with lack of court time he has show much love for his team and adopted town.

Wish nothing but a speedy recovery for the man. A fan favourite.

Reply #392523 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Crowd went nuts when he hit that 3 to end the third

Reply #392528 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Gary Ervin is a nice bloke, put the towel under Creeks head when he was down. Major respect for him, not only his talent but his persona in general.

This is a majorly problematic injury for us. I feel horrible for Creek, it's going to be a long 12 months...

Reply #392535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LMAO @ Ingles13 "Looked like a knee, ACL maybe? I ain't a doctor but it looked more knee than achilles IMO" fucking moron look at you. STFU.

Gary Ervin is a SOFT COCK.

BRING BACK Dwayne Nelson. Hes naturalized too.

Reply #392550 | Report this post

Igotmadskills  
Years ago

Feel for the young fella and the sixers. Hope for a speedy recovery and that he doesn't loose any athleticism. He's young so should heal quickly.
Not a good thing to see live but great he came back out that shows true heart.
I was disappointed the crocs Physio didn't go out to help, the coach of Townsville was the first to get to him and he was clearly in a lot of pain..

Reply #392581 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

To me this a problem it seems league wide from what i have seen, doc's/support staff take very long to get out to players when they get hurt. Ervin was on the ground and was Mitch for a long time before assistance came.

Also what did Ervin actually do? did he knee or ankle just give out on him?

Reply #392656 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:46 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754