Isaac
Years ago

Lightning hosting three trials

Boti's reporting in The Advertiser that the Lightning are holding three trials to find players to complete the roster for 2005/06. Three players are coming from interstate to attend while there is also expected to be a solid turn-out from ABL teams.

Three positions in the ten-player roster remain.

Full article

Topic #3029 | Report this topic

wish I could dunk  
Years ago

The lightning have any spare players for the sixers? seems they will have heaps to choose from

Reply #34656 | Report this post

basil  
Years ago

I like the idea

Reply #34676 | Report this post

annoymous  
Years ago

does anyone think that lightning should start up a junior squad

Reply #34683 | Report this post

dicken's cider  
Years ago

yeah - i like that as well

Reply #34694 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

like the academy, but a womens academy...

Reply #34703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

police academy

Reply #34708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Below is the list of players trying out - who would you pick to fill the positions they have - Woosnam would have to be a certainty wouldn't she??

Bowley a chance to miss out??
what do you all think?

Maree Bettina, from Mckay

The daughter of dual world championship Boomer and Moscow Olympian Mel Dalgleish, Kirby Dalgleis

A 175cm guard with Nunawading, Erin Lorenzini
Deanne Ranford
Monique Bowley
Jenah Piwanski
Sam Woosnam
Jess Mahony

Reply #34818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bowley will have a spot for sure! Same with woosnam and i think mahony will fill the other spot.

Reply #34829 | Report this post

intheno  
Years ago

Lets hope that Lucas and Nagy have had some math education since last season. We all know that the lightning only had three palyers in the team, as that's all we ever heard about, was the awsome threesome. I felt sorry for the rest of the team as according to Nagy there were definately only three players in that team that got them as far as they did. Did he forget that there are five people needed on the court to get the game started. Did they forget that three people cannont play defence on five players and expect to win every game. Lets hope that these two people who call themselves experts at the game can count past three next season.

Reply #35073 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:12 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754