NBLkings
Years ago

Where can I watch the full dunk comp?

i really want to see the whole dunk contest, is there any chance someone knows where to watch it? or could upload it to youtube?

Topic #30301 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have it on DVD.

Reply #393742 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Currently waiting to hear back from a couple of players that were at the game and filming the comp, if that falls through, it looks like there will be no footage of it!!

Reply #393788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Buy NBL tv.

Reply #393792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL TV didn't show it

Reply #393796 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dunk comp recap, from what I can remember:

Hurdle's 4 dunks:
- double-pump reverse? Bit like Harold Miner's classic, I think
- jumped over a kid wearing a Zac Delaney singlet
- lob from Deleon in the crowd, bounced, caught and dunked (can't remember dunk style)
- what was the last? Was it the one that rattled in? Something off a bounce lob?

Abercrombie's 2 dunks:
- cupped one-hand, bit of a semi-windmill?
- Jackson ran ahead, bounced it off the side of the backboard, Abercrombie finished with a reverse two-hander?

Lazare's were a bit flat, from memory. Bounce lobs?

Can't remember Walker's.

Lewis had one where he started from behind the backboard. Had another after unveiling a Brett Rainbow singlet. His "winning" dunk was back-to-basket, standing at the top of the key, bounce through the legs and off the backboard, catch and throw down. Missed his first three attempts I think trying with a fancier dunk. Ended up settling for a simpler two-hander and then pulled himself up on the ring.

Hurdle should've won, but Lewis' dunks were very fluid and he was probably, at worst, a good runner up. Hurdle did get a bit lucky to be scored so highly on one that rattled in.

Cannot believe Lance is 188cm and doing all that.

Reply #393797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol Isaac @ can't remember Walkers!

Reply #393823 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

All dunks here

Huge thanks to ash0 who uploaded it and recorded it!

Reply #393827 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

shot natwhereyouat.

Reply #393830 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Great work Nat and Ash!! Really appreciate that.

That was a pretty decent dunk contest, would have been nice to watch each made dunk at half time rather than watching legends do nothing, looking at stats, listening to Carfino and Maher prattle on, interviewing coaches and then seeing warmups!! Oh well.

I thought Lewis' first dunk was the best one and he deserved to win, as did Hurdle. I thought Abercrombie and Walker could easily have been in the final too.

Reply #393836 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

From what i've been told the NBL are working on getting TEN's footage.

Reply #393840 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:09 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754