Whitey
Years ago

Where to for cousins?

After his most recent antics where should/could the kings send him?

Would the rockets trade picks and aldrich for cousins?

Pop would straighten him out but the spurs don't really have anyone they would want to move.

Topic #30310 | Report this topic

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Pops isn't a miracle-worker and he doesn't take shit from players. The Spurs wouldn't even trade for him to begin with as, like the thunder, they contract players that fit with their culture, and Cousins is a tool.

Reply #393928 | Report this post

CP3  
Years ago

Cousins is super talent & could easily be a 20 point 10 rebound player in the NBA. His attitude is truly pathetic & he has a history of thinking he knows best & has run a foul of his coaches before. I applaud the Kings stance with this internal suspension, Cousins is quickly becoming the biggest knucklehead in the NBA. If his attitude doesn't strighten up he could easily be out of the league within 3 years.

Reply #393929 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I thought this was about Ben Cousins

Reply #393930 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

Where to? A mediocre journeyman's career for 8 years until the NBA spits him out and he becomes a token celebrity import in China.

...unless he sorts his shit out.

Reply #393936 | Report this post

johnny_sack  
Years ago

How many times has this played out in the NBA?

Headcases take manifold forms (below examples all talented big men who fell foul of the pro game):

The glutton: Oliver "Where's the beef? I'm the beef" Miller/Stanley "Hotplate" Roberts

The guys who really don't care that much (esp. once they get paid): DC/Benoit Benjamin/Kandi Man/Bynum(?)

The guys who have problems above and beyond bball that need addressing (problems which bball may make worse): Luther Wright/Cliff Rozier/Eddie Griffin (RIP)

Not sure where DMC falls in these categories, if i had to choose any i'd say the 1 (somewhat) and 3 (only can speculate on degree)... If someone pays him max (or close to) 2 may manifest as well...

Mike Kahn looks smarter by the day... Wes Sux but at least he never caused this level of internal strife.

Reply #393940 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I don't think the Rockets have that many picks after the Harden deal and Aldrich is not evenly slightly enough compensation, with or without picks. I'd love the Jazz to ship Millsap and/or Jefferson for him. Salaries wouldn't suit but I'd take a stab at him.

Reply #393943 | Report this post

Igotmadskills  
Years ago

Playing for Keith smart would do your head in. I'd probably loose it also. I recon if he was on a winning team his mentality might be better but loosing all the time can't be much fun. Especially with Isaiah Thomas not getting game time.

Reply #393963 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Should we start a 'Sack Keith (Smart)' thread?

Reply #393981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Marcus, no need, sadly the Sack marty one hasnt worked...yet. Perhaps he could play for your coach, behind Weigh ofcourse and avg 4 and 3 in limited minutes.

Reply #393986 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

kindergarten?

Reply #394121 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I thought it was about Ben too.......?

Reply #394179 | Report this post

CP3  
Years ago

Cousins is the poster child for his generation. Cousins has a sense of entitlement, spoilt brat who possess some talent & feels that he can disrespect every coach he has ever played for. He has no concept of team & plays only for himself & his stats. Kings will be better off long term if they can rope another team in to a trade to get rid of the cancerous jerk!

Reply #394194 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:30 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754