Sc
Years ago

iiNet refusing to pay out on $5000 shot

Just saw a promo from Today Tonight for a story about the guy who shot the $5000 half court shot the other week. Sounds like they have refused to pay out his winnings.

What's the story? Presume they don't want to pay as they gave him two shots?

Topic #30354 | Report this topic

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

No doubt iinet were not very happy the bloke was given 2 shots. didnt win the money fair n square. provided some entertainment though, more than what we are getting from the team atm. should give him the 5k just for that!

Reply #394425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hurley dot give basketball anymore bad publicity and scare off sponsors!

Reply #394432 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Notice how it is channel 7 running an anti basketball story. Their ties with AFL are very strong. Can anyone tell me when they did a "hatchet job story" on AFL?

Reply #394435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hurley get on here and answer for yourself mate. You got two shots, you didnt win so don't go our there killing our sport.

Reply #394440 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Hurley isn't killing our sport.............crap coaching from Clarke is.

Reply #394443 | Report this post

Sc  
Years ago

Don't turn it into a TT bashing session. The fact is that yet again basketball has managed to produce an embarrassing story. Goes well with the fact that we couldn't organise a clearance in time for our import. Amateur hour that wouldn't happen in any other professional sport.

Reply #394445 | Report this post

koch  
Years ago

I wouldn't pay him either. He had his shot and he missed. Why they gave him another shot I have no idea.

Reply #394447 | Report this post

Sc  
Years ago

They gave him another shot after consulting someone on the sideline. Assumed at the time that it was an iiNet representative. Presumably not now that they are taking this stance.

Reply #394450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Court Announcer running the competition clearly told Hurley his second shot would earn him the $5,000.

Hurley is therefore legally entitled to the $5,000.

To what degree the 36ers court announcer stuffed up just means that the 36ers as opposed to IINET are legally liable to pay the $5,000.

Reply #394458 | Report this post

Sc  
Years ago

IiNet made $37 million profit last year. IMO refusing to pay out $5000 is just dumb - considering the bad publicity it will generate.

Reply #394467 | Report this post

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

Spoken brilliantly as if told so by a lawyer... if you are gonna post hurley do it under your name, not an anonymous alias. Man up!

Reply #394468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm confused. What has Hurley done wrong Achtung?

Reply #394476 | Report this post

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

Not arguing with the fact that the court announcer clearly had no idea what he was doing... Why he was given another shot was staggering. Clearly iiNet dont feel as if they have to pay, as the quick shot is simply that. One shot, miss it you lose. has been the same for everyone, why this bloke feels he is different to everyone before, and after him is beyond me. Obviously the announcer is at fault here, but you can be sure that neither him, nor the 36ers will pay the $5K . And surely lawyers will actually be more costly than even the prize he believes he as won in the end.

Reply #394495 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

I have nothing to answer for. I was given a second shot for 5 thousand dollars, I made it... It is a verbal agreement that is legally binding made in front of 4 thousand people caught on camera from multiple angles.

I am owed the money, end of story

I dont have to answer to complete morons saying that I am somehow ruining the sport. Missconduct on there part is doing that. Not me.

That is the last thing I will say on the matter

Reply #394496 | Report this post

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

Ok, well, atleast we know that if the organisation pays you that money, we will be putting up with Clarke as coach for the rest of the season. You still gonna come watch that??? You seemed impressed after tonights performance. 5k we could use as some of a buyout of clarke/ offer new coach etc. because we know iiNet wont be paying ya.

Reply #394501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hurls, you were whinging tonight about not being paid yet but how you would be....sounded to me like you were willing to fight this no matter what. Your first shot missed & therefore you shouldnt have been given the second shot to make. What I heard on the night was the court announcer unsure of what the ruling was when the ball got stuck between the ring and the backboard and as a result said to take another shot and we'll sort out the nitty gritty afterward.

The rules are simple, you make the first shot you get the cash....your first shot missed, if it didnt, it wouldnt have been wedged between the backboard and the ring.....stop being greedy!

Reply #394502 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

What was the point of the second shot then? You can't take money away after you have him a second shot. Don't run a Comp to give away 5k I you aren't gonna pay it out when he makes it.

Reply #394505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greedy? HA! a guy wanting something he won is greedy!

wrong call or not, they made the call.. they have to live with it

He will be getting his cash

Reply #394506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hurls, you missed, you are a tool.

Reply #394509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You guys are clowns, he desrves the money...get over it.
has anyone here seen the announcer give a second shot before? i have plenty of times, the diff is is that hurls made it...
hurls didnt dictate how the game was to be played, he played as per the guidance given....
and one last thing, how is this giving Adelaide and NBL a bad name? how is it causing this loosing streak? how is this going to effect if the coach is sacked or not? believe me 5k is not the difference between him staying and going mid season. logic people logic.

Reply #394510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hurls won fair and square. I would be happy to be a witness in Court for him. He would win everyday of the week.

Achtung...did you seriously try and blame Hurls for Clarke remaining as coach if he attempts to claim what is rightfully his?

Reply #394512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Ok, well, atleast we know that if the organisation pays you that money, we will be putting up with Clarke as coach for the rest of the season. You still gonna come watch that??? You seemed impressed after tonights performance. 5k we could use as some of a buyout of clarke/ offer new coach etc. because we know iiNet wont be paying ya."

The most stupidest shit i have ever seen...get a life mate.

Congratulations Hurls, you deserve that cash.

Reply #394514 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Why are people so opinionated over $5000 arguably owed to Hurls?

Seriously get a life and/or dump your iiNet shares if the money means so much to you...

Reply #394515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is Hurls entitled to the money?! I clearly heard the announcer state he wasnt sure what to do in the situation where the ball was wedged (however, to me, its clearly a miss) and therefore said take another shot and we'll sort it out afterward. They never said make it and you will get $5K.

In fact, I wish I had a spare $5K to pay Hurls and his mate to move seats so I dont have to listen to their uneducated rubbish and swearing every game!

Reply #394521 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I don't suppose anyone on Hoops has seen the contract agreement with iinet regarding the matter in question?

I simply ask on the basis of who are the parties involved in the event of the second shot from the half court line. iinet provide the funds had he been successful with his first shot, that is clearly explicit prior to the shot being taken but in this instance there was a second half court shot.

Did the MC explicitly state that iinet would pay if successful on the second attempt? If he didn't, than who did Hurls establish a contract with prior to taking the second shot? Was any form of reward offered verbally between the first half court shot and the second and if so did the MC advise who would facilitate the reward in the event Hurls was successful with a second shot?

It may be difficult proving iinet owe Hurls money unless it was specifically communicated to him by an authorised officer of iinet (or a person authorised to act of behalf of) prior to the second attempt being taken.

Reply #394522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big Ads, the court announcer clearly stated he wasnt sure what to do in the instance of the first shot. He then advised for Hurls to take another shot and they would sort it out afterward.

Reply #394523 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

When is this being shown on today tonight? Monday night? The don't have weekend shows do they?

Reply #394530 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

iiNet should pay out for the positive (or to avoid negative) publicity.

Reply #394545 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

they handed him the ball and encouraged him to take another shot yes?
then pay up. if it was anyone else on here they also would have taken another shot, I def would have been keen on another crack and I would def expect the $ if it went in.
it looks like amateur hour to not cough up the cash.

Reply #394546 | Report this post

Igotmadskills  
Years ago

Was it a coincidence the court announcer wasn't there last night.

Pay the man the money he made the shot. at the time I said the first one would missed have missed so didn't deserve another but he made the second so for entertainment value give him the cash.

Did the kids that caught the beach balls last night get their villi's pies????

Reply #394552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love the experts here who blame the Sixers for the new import being cleared too. Another of the many tools on here who are really clueless.
Did it ever occur to them that the P/S all but shouts down over the xmas new year break? Did it ever occur to them that maybe the paper work didnt come thru from where he last played? Maybe BA hadnt processed the paperwork as they too are on holidays?
Poor timing to get a quick cleraance its as simple as that. By the way in most cases quick clearances never happen.

Reply #394555 | Report this post

Gruff  
Years ago

Hurls should get the cash provided he a agrees to coach the sixers for the rest of the season. Can't do any worse than Clarke!

Reply #394561 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Legally if the announcer didnt explicitly say the second shot was for $5000 then I wouldnt imagine there is a case.

Having said that $5K is chump change, iiNet get about $1500 a year from me alone! Just pay the money or give him that much credit in products and services.

Reply #394568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha. What a joke saying court announcer didn't explicitly say he would get $5k if he hit the second shot.

This is like Camby and Clarke. Acting as if the people posting on the forum were not at the game.

The court announcer clearly said the second shot would count. If not then why give him the shot?

After he hit the shot the court announcer went 'crazy' and acknowledged Hurls had one.

The whole crowd took enjoyment from the competition and Hurls hitting the shot. Loudest cheer of the night. Cheating Hurls is cheating the rest of the fans at the game.

$5k would be like nothing to the owners. This is more embarrassing than their failure to get rid of Clarke.

If they have a proper claim against IINET then pay Hurls and then chase IINET after.

The club is vicariously liable for the actions of the Court Announcer.

Simple as that.

Reply #394569 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

what else would the second shot be for? pride? he didn't say it wasn't for 5k did he?

Reply #394570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow anon 569 now it's the clubs fault. Maybe it is the cheer leader who picked him that should pay then. ??

Reply #394571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course it is the club's fault if they aren't paying him.

I can understand IINET's argument. Not their fault the court announcer gave him a second shot.

Unless IINET agreed to a second shot then the liability rests with the 36ers and not IINET.

Thus it is the club's fault (vicariously liable for the actions of the Court Announcer) if Hurls hasn't been paid.

If I were the club I would pay before you look stupid in the media given ultimately they will be forced to pay on a legal basis. Oh wait, hurls has gone to Today Tonight. Too late. Complete incompetence.

Reply #394582 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

This would only happen to the 6ers...

Reply #394585 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Legally I cant see how the club has anything to answer for unless it was specifically stated by the court announcer the second shot was for the money, as I would assume the rules of the comp (ie one shot) have been registered by iiNet and/or the NBL.

Morally is certainly a different case, but that's up to the 36ers if they want to act morally or not.

Reply #394592 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

lol... Hoops reaching a new low with some of the comments in here... glad to see some rays of common sense shining through though...

Reply #394594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is precisely what the Court Announcer did Paul. That is why it is such a simple case.

The Court Announcer clearly conveyed to Hurls and the crowd that the shot was for the money. He didn't say "have a shot for fun but it doesn't count".

Clearly a legal obligation not just a moral obligation.

Reply #394595 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Fair enough, there are conflicting reports. Either way I think iiNet should just pay the money and should have done so in the first place and then promoted the hell out of it.

Reply #394600 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

The first shot wedged . I said to the people near me
' Aw , gotta give him $2,500 for that. '
MC : " What's happened there ? Whatta we gonna do now?
OK we'll give him another shot ."

Reply #394603 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Most publicity for team in years. Hurls has in one swift action done more than the over paid marketing people at 6ers have ever done

Reply #394605 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Reckon a highlight was the guy in the red body suit.

Memo to guy in body suit.

If you're gunna have a few beers at the game and then you know what has to happen next.... Make sure you really shake it well, really well, cos it's kinda awkward seeing a wet patch. (guess that's why he was made to wear some shorts)

Reply #394609 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Only went in suit only the one game... And there was no pee on it Toft... Lots of sweat patches though. Lots of them fo sho

Reply #394617 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

It must have been sweat then.

Reply #394618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could someone please tell me why a payout of $5000 to a well deserving fan is the difference between keeping a well deserving loser of a coach?

I am sorry but your mindset just does not make sence.

Reply #394619 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Agree with the majority of posts, he should be paid either by the club, iinet or someone responsible for the competition, and especially from a publicity point of view.

I'll give Hurls the benefit of the doubt and conclude he's been suitably advised that no money will be paid to him and he's not simplying being impatient (geez its not like it's a million dollars).

Nevertheless, and so the matter is resolved efficiently and appropriately (i.e. payment commences immediately and not in the form of weekly payments of $10 dollars for the next 9 and a bit years), Hurls needs to be crystal clear from whom he seeks the payment otherwise he could be chasing longer than he cares to.

Reply #394620 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Oh and to the people saying its going to be a costly battle legally for Hurls. He wins and he doesn't have to pay a cent, iiNet/6ers/whoever will be paying for his lawyer/s...

Reply #394621 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Gruff, you dont want Hurls coaching the Sixers....even in place of MC. Hurls knowledge of the Sixers let alone Basketball is very poor!

For example, last night he didnt even know who Nathan Herbert was, he thought he was an ex Perth player and couldnt understand why he was getting cheered.

Reply #394622 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Gold coin donation time...

Or a chance for a rival telco to step in.

Reply #394625 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

And we'll see more threads on Hoops looking for people to play in his NBL team at Golden Grove Rec Centre ;)

Reply #394626 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Would be good if TPG stepped in and gave hurls the money.

Reply #394627 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Some of the comments seem a bit harsh on Hurls. All of us if offered would have taken a second shot if allowed. I was at the game and it was good to see the shot drop.

The rules do state only one shot but looks like there was an oversight by the announcer letting him take another shot - not Hurls fault.

The club and iinet should go half in the $5k and upgrade him to the cinama seats for the next game as a gesture of goodwill.

Reply #394631 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

I guess if Clarkey can endure Radford sitting next to him than Hurls shouldn't make too much difference (albeit in the Wallis Cinema seats).

The coaching staff will have someone else to blame for the bench tech.

Reply #394639 | Report this post

nbl kings  
Years ago

if they said he could take a second shot for $5,000, its their stupid fault and they ow him the money, and you would think that they would rather pay the money than get a bad name for them selves on today tonight?

Reply #394646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe he is just crapping on without actually telling everyone the truth.
Has anyone actually said he is not getting it.
NO !!

Reply #394649 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

He clearly yelled after I made the shot 5 thousand dollars, 5 thousand dollars!

so YES it was said!

BTW, to all the haters.. and everyone with there little opinions... Just watch Today Tonight Monday night.

Haters gonna Hate, Ballers Gonna Ball

Reply #394661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's insure I case someone hits the shot! Nit about iinet not paying its the insurers who refuse to pay up!

Policy all clearly state no practice shots, each participant gets 1 shot only.

It's standard in all prize indemnity policies of this kind wih half court shots

Reply #394666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I cant believe you have taken this story to Today Tonight Hurls.....I mean really, surely there is more pressing issues in the world?!

Reply #394667 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

Sorry Anonymous, I guess I should have spoken to Today Tonight about the Carbon Tax, War in the Middle East or the Zombie Apocalypse.

Reply #394668 | Report this post

Mr Mulligan  
Years ago

When he hit the second shot we all laughed and said "they ain't paying and the dude on the mic is fired!" Looks like our first thoughts were correct. If i shot the week before i'd be asking for a 2nd shot.

Reply #394671 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

90% of us would pursue that 5k pretty heavily if we were in Hurl's position

Reply #394672 | Report this post

E=mc2  
Years ago

A couple of things.

1. Of course everyone would take the second shot, and in his shoes, I would have thought the same thing.

2. iiNet put up the cash. For this kind of cash I.e. $5000 at every game for the season, they would have a policy to cover it. The insurers would be saying no to payment - and rightly so!

3. The club have nothing to do with it. Jarrod Walsh is contracted by the 36ers to court announce, and is not an employee of the club. He has no authority to act as an agent for the 36ers or iiNet. It was he who gave the second shot, with no authority from either the sixers or iinet. He clearly knows the rules are for one shot only, and has acted outside of these. If anyone owes hurls $5000 it's Jarrod Walsh!

4. I think hurls has a legitimate grievance here, but unfortunately, based on my limited knowledge, I don't think he has much legal standing to get it from the club or iinet.

5. To save the bad publicity, I would think iinet may like to cough up / settle for a lower amount, and then have a quiet word to Jarrod about doing some promotional work, E.g. mc a function or similar to make it up to them.

Reply #394673 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Jarrod Walsh presumably does the promotional work and not Jarrod Hurley (AKA Hurls).

Well put together E=MC2 however I won't be surprised if this type of information is suppressed from the TT story.

Reply #394679 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I don't think we have enough information to make a judgement here.

And to be honest a lot of it is grey.

What re the conditions that Hurls agreed to when he accepted the challenge? Did he sign anything?

Who told him to take another shot and was that individual an iinet staff member or an acting agent for iinet?

To take it to an extreme, I walked up to a baller and said if you hit a three, that man over there will give you $10. Is that binding?

In my opinion, $5k isn't a whole lot...I as iinet would contact Hurls and pay the $5 or work out a middle ground.

NONE of this is a reflection on the Adelaide 36'ers.

NONE of this is a reflection onf the NBL.

NONE of this is a reflection on the sport of Basketball in Australia.

Reply #394680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Amazing that people can post real peoples names on here. identifying them with their alias.

Reply #394683 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

What the hell is wrong with iiNet? Just pay him the money and make it a good news story. Why must insurers/ lawyers/ whoever made this decision suck the life out of everything for the sake of $5k?

Reply #394688 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

You are right Anon, I apologies Hurls if I've revealed your true identity to the world. It was inconsiderate of me.

I hope I haven't scooped TT or will they withhold the details of your identity.

Reply #394691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His identity was revealed by himself previously on here however.

Reply #394698 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

yeah the idea that hurls taking $5000 in winnings makes him responsible for 36ers decisions in management is STUPID.

some boffin at iinet should be getting sacked for ever letting this slip through to the media.

why pay an entire media department and their huge prints and advertising spend and commitments to sponsor nbl and no doubt other stuff then not pay out $5000? its idiocy. to be honest whether it was wrong or right to pay it out if im the ceo i sack whichever employee let it slip through. dont let $5000 chip back at six figures of spend.

Reply #394708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great post Phil. Spot on.

Reply #394709 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Ya cain't just leave the ball there when it wedges
So ya go up and tip it in , as it's more in than out
A golfer left the ball over the hole and reckoned it was in , although it hadn't dropped in .
Later , it dropped in .

Reply #394710 | Report this post

Miss Manners  
Years ago

Also Jack can you please add to your memo to the red suit man ....can you please wear deodorant cause man u stink!!! Also it's hard to see sitting behind you when u wear that stupid golliwog wig and every time you stand up yuk yuk yuk - no need to ask what religion you are.....

Reply #394712 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Well iinet leave the running of their advertising event to the court announcers. So the court announcer becomes an agent of iinet. The ball gets stuck, nothing in the instructions of what to do when the ball gets stuck so the only iinet 'agent' at the stadium makes a decision. In this instance it was another shot, hence they need to pay up.

I bet somewhere in the iinet business model it doesn't cover what to do when today tonight turn up on your doorstop either, but I am sure an agent for them will make a decision on what to do.

Reply #394713 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Lol. I'm pretty sure it was a sweat stain. It's hard to believe something that size would contain so much liquid.

Reply #394714 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

lol, just did a google search and found a twitter exchange between the mc and someone where he admits he told the guy " at least make this one ", and includes the #imaygetfired. the other guy (i have no idea his connection) states iinet didnt like paying the last one either, and dont have any t + c's in place? (im unsure of the connection that gives him access to that information to weight it with any credibility although recent events would lend them that of themself)

handing someone the ball after some contention and saying "at least make this one" is pretty much a verbal greenlight. only pauls argument about whether the mc is a true agent allowed to make that decision on behalf of iinet or whoever may be a point but in this case it should be very easy to argue that he was acting on their behalf.

Reply #394720 | Report this post

I have no doubt in my mind you'll get the money eventually. This is a clear cut case.

The MC after some consultation with someone on the side lines gave you the ball to attempt another shot for $5,000. Whether anything was verbally acknowledged, signed etc is irrelevant. Everyone in that stadium was under the impression it was for $5,000 and unless we were told otherwise before the shot then that's what it is!

Good on you for kicking up a stink about it, anyone having a go at you is just jealous they dont have the opportunity to get the 5k themselves.

As far as any bad rep on the club or the sport well that's not up to to Hurls to worry about. The guy is legitimately owed 5k and is seeking what is his!

This is a PR disaster though for all involved, I would hope the 36ers/nbl get together with iinet and work something out though as your average mum or dad TT watcher is gonna be barracking for the little man getting jabbed by the big corps!

Reply #394722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I regress Hurls, I dont think you are intelligent enough to comment on the more pressing issues of the world.

Reply #394730 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

they had 5k to give presumably if the first shot had gone in so why not just pay the kid and move on and save face. if the first one went in were they going to review the shot on video to make sure his toe wasn't on the line or the shotclock hadn't expired and then weasel out of paying up?

Reply #394733 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

36ers should send iiNet some freebie tickets (empty otherwise) that they can use in promos, and iiNet should hand over the $5k.

Reply #394736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul is the expert in every area of NBL basketball and Europe basketball as well. WE must aver.

It certainly seems to me that the key here is the jammed shot. Does IInet have a contingency plan in case of this occurring? If so, then the 2nd shot is given and if it goes in pay the guy.cIf there is no contingency plan and the CA says have a 2nd shot, then bad luck donald duck. No prize and Hurls can take it up with the CA. The Sixers rent the gym out and that just clouds the issue. One assumes it is not a Sixers promotion however. rather an IInet one, run in conjunction with the Sixers. Do they run this same shoot out across all venues? If so, it's an Iinet problem and nothing to do with the Sixers. if it's a local Iinet / Sixers promo, then once again the issue is clouded. Read the T&C, as always. That is if there are any in the first place.

Reply #394740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So, Tornado, where abouts do you sit? i do believe i heard that same convo RE: Herbert....Sorry to make you look like a Jackass but you both were wrong. The players name is: Jan Warbout #13 just a simple Dplayer.Unfortunatly Herbert no longer plays NBL...
I do believe you will see him in the winter lg.

Reply #394741 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

36ers should send iiNet some freebie tickets (empty otherwise) that they can use in promos, and iiNet should hand over the $5k.

Isaac the diplomat! I have a feeling rationality will not prevail...

Reply #394742 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

the way hurls handles himself in general grates on me but he has every right to push for that money.

nobody forget that iinet are not just giving away money out of warm hearted fuzzy feelings for human kind,

it is a business venture.

they see $ put up as possible winnings in exchange for the promotion they receive when the little "show" is put on. they get this promotion whether you win or lose as part of the package and paying out sometimes is an inseparable part of that package. they cant say the "service" wasnt provided. it was quite obviously.

it would take a detailed clause stating that a jammed ball is a miss (and for the mc to be considered as acting on behalf of the sixers not the iinet company) for anyone to be confident of a favourable ruling for iinet.

i doubt they have any clauses much less something that detailed.

even then as iinet you know your gonna come off as arseholes over $5000.

even if a policy had been put in place and an insurance company has said no iinet would have been the first to hear about it and would have had the opportunity to run it past the appropriate people and pay it out and take it as money better spent than the 8secs of ad time it would have bought during ncis?

one has to think that it landed on someones desk and they shat themselves at going to their boss and bringing that idea up and just looked the other way.

Reply #394746 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

i should also point out that the 36ers havent done anything wrong here.

the agreement to pay out the winner was by iinet.

any confusion in what to do by the mc is a mistake on his part but if you want to rely on what isnt even a part-time employee and dont properly inform him of any terms and conditions then your an idiot and a poor business man. iinet should have a marketing rep who liaises with the 36ers over these matters and that in turn should be handed onto the mc if he wasnt already addressed directly.

call it an educated guess based on history and surface information but i bet im close to the truth when i say that sfa of that has ever taken place between iinet, the sixers and the mc.

the amount of times ive lost on a coin flip just to go " nah, best 2 out of 3 man"

yeah,

you wouldnt expect that in a professional business world.

if you want something to be specific.

specify it.

otherwise, your f@###d buddy

Reply #394748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and the beauty of TT is they never tell the full story so it should be interesting.
have TT contacted the 36ers or NBL or BA or iinet or is this story based on Hurls kicking up a stink without actually being told he is not getting paid.

Hurls in the crowd is not actually a good supporter he abuses and annoys most around him however the shot was a beauty and if he feels he was promised it then I am sure there would be better appoaches than TT.

If it was me once it went on TT without facts I would not pay it, if he went through the proper channels he would probably have had much more success especially as from my understanding he has never been told it is not getting paid he has just been impatient

Reply #394752 | Report this post

Interested  
Years ago

Hurls
Did you tell IInet the NBL or the 36ers you were going on today tonight? Or did you just do it?

Reply #394753 | Report this post

Bucketman  
Years ago

Hurls, great shot but it was one shot to late. How many games have you been too? You know the rules. I'd be pissed too but I don't think you will get the coin. Court announcer stuffed up, not you. Man up, walk away and practice for the next time you get dragged out of the crowd. With support diminishing rapidly, the odds of getting pulled up again are increasing by the minute.

Reply #394755 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Anon #394741....unfortunately you have made yourself look like a Jackass as you are obviously referencing something else? I know who Jan Warbout is, his number and his position with the club...I can also tell you numerous other facts about him but we wont get into that because it is irrelevant.

I am also aware who Nathan Herbert is where he comes from, who he has played for in the past, what he does for a living where he is born etc but again....all irrelevant.

Nathan Herbert was in the crowd last night wearing a white t-shirt (not to be confused with Jan Warbout who was sitting on the 6ers bench in a 6ers uniform) and was pointed out by the court announcer, the crowd cheered given that he is an ex 36er. Hurls mate turned to Hurls and said who is he? Hurls said he was an ex Perth player and couldn't understand why the crowd were cheering him.

For the record, Herbert comes from Geelong and has played for 2 NBL clubs, the South Dragons and the Adelaide 36ers...being on the team only last season.

Therefore, I state you the "Jackass" for also being an uneducated spud who sprouts off calling people names more appropriate for themselves before checking facts!

Reply #394758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting Tornado, i know who and where you are....you are the guy who constantly messages his mother during the games...thats sad for a man your age, but anywho.

it would be best you know the full conversation before you "State your facts". Who do you think i am?here is a hint: "Hurls mate turned to Hurls and said who is he?" who do you think i am?? Hurls or Hurls mate?
Not only did you screw up the conversation we were having but you also dont know who hurls even is??? you are a strange sort, please, change your underwear before you sit infront of us because you smell like sh*t. several members around us have commented about it.

Reply #394759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wat-Ycu7T4U

a link to the shoot and what the announcer said although hard to understand

Reply #394762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From someone who has hit the half court shot in Perth like a month ago first shot for $5000 everyone knows you get one shot and that's it the rules are clear second shot means shit keep practising hurls

Reply #394767 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

This thread is a classic. So much off topic talk that has me laughing

Reply #394770 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"Who do you think i am?here is a hint: "Hurls mate turned to Hurls and said who is he?" who do you think i am?? Hurls or Hurls mate? "

you don't even get the benefit of doubt credibility with that admission

Reply #394775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep Hurls, if I was IInet or the Sixers I'd be pissed that you went toTT first.

Did you actually contact the club or Iinet before going to TT?

Reply #394778 | Report this post

diggie  
Years ago

Anonymous Reply #394778
do you really think that Hurls would call TT without having exhausted all avenues first? Watch TT on Monday and see for yourself the steps he took. I would like to think that he is a reasonable person and all he wants is what is rightfully his.
I find this thread quite depressing, some of the comments here are quite harsh and uncalled for, unless you are sitting in Hurls back pocket, how do you claim to know what was said and done when it comes to this issue? Just sounds like the usual forum hating on another type of shit.
these "Man Up" comments are stupid things to say...an i would have to say that much to the dismay of others i do believe he has done the right thing here. He WILL get paid, and he DESERVES it.

Reply #394780 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

A Current Affair will have a guy from iiNet with footage his foot was over the line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuvvpGWD4s0&feature=youtube_gdata

Under the conditions you need to make A shot from half court to win $5,000.

If you miss you move to the 3P line and shoot for a Championship ball.

If you MISS the 3P you move to the FT line for a shot at a rubber ball.

Reply #394786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just the usual abusive red necks here. That are allowed to go unsupervised.

Reply #394787 | Report this post

diggie  
Years ago

SMA, HUH? his foot was not over the line...?

Reply #394788 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

Dig. Forgot the customary ;).

Reply #394790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hurls
One easy question
Did you tell the 36ers you were going to TT and if you did what did they say?

If you cannot answer that you are just an idiot

Reply #394796 | Report this post

E=mc2  
Years ago

For the record tornado;

Nathan Herbert was contracted to the 36ers for three seasons; 09-10, 10-11, and 11-12.

He did not play in 10-11 due to doing his acl in a pre season game.

Reply #394797 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Read back on your posts you dont even make sense. You told me initially that the player you were talking about was Jan Warbout...however, there was more to the conversation which clearly identified Herbert as the talking piece. Neither Jan or Nathan have played for Perth either?!

You put together such a well constructed post with a noble display of insults at which I could respond but as the saying goes, never lower yourself to the level of an idiot, they will only beat you with experience. Those in glass houses shouldnt throw stones either...with your size and low IQ you are a very, very easy target!

You also clearly have no idea who I am because you assumed that I was a male when in fact I am a female...well done super sleuth!

Reply #394798 | Report this post

E=mc2  
Years ago

Phil; iinet did not agree to pay out the shot. The rules have been clearly communicated to all and sundry; one shot and one shot only. MC should have known better, but made the decision himself. There was no consultation with the sidelines - there is no one on the sidelines to consult with!

These have been reiterated after some displeasure from iinet somewhere along the line about unhappiness when the shots were taken in the reverse order , I.e. the free throw went first, then three pointer, then half court; not sure if that was a 36ers game or not.

I am really looking forward to this story on TT, should be worth a laugh!

Reply #394801 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

E=mc2, I am aware of when and how long Herbert played for the Sixers. When I posted the following;

For the record, Herbert comes from Geelong and has played for 2 NBL clubs, the South Dragons and the Adelaide 36ers...being on the team only last season.

I meant he last played for the Sixers only last year so was hinting that he shouldnt have been that easy to forget.

I probably could have worded it a little better so apologies if there was a little confusion.

Reply #394803 | Report this post

Years ago

Anyone who says Hurls shouldn't get the money is saying so as a personal vendetta against Hurls because of some of the stupid shit he posts on here.

Simple fact is: not one person who has posted here would have said no thanks when offered another shot. Everyone would have done so and expected their money if it went in.

To say different is just a plain lie. Play the ball, not the man. The fact that Hurls is generally recognised on the forum as a bit of a tosser is not relevant.

He deserves his money. End of story.

Reply #394809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know who you are now Tornado, you are one of those old hags that sit just behind us. It is great to see such rude people not stoop to the level of an idiot and not throw insults. Let me retort:

"You put together such a well constructed post with a noble display of insults at which I could respond but as the saying goes, never lower yourself to the level of an idiot, they will only beat you with experience. Those in glass houses shouldnt throw stones either...with your size and low IQ you are a very, very easy target!

You also clearly have no idea who I am because you assumed that I was a male when in fact I am a female...well done super sleuth!"

You suggested that i have a low IQ and i am an "idiot", thusly i have no idea as to why i would consider the above to be an insult. Please do comment on my size i am sure you or anyone else could not invent a saying that i have not been subjected to in the past.

BTW, what do you know of IQ levels? i am sure you dont even know what IQ stands for. anyway, why dont you skip out on the NBL and go bust out some lawn bowls?

Reply #394811 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

iiNet Quarter Time Quick Shot

Thanks to iiNet, Australia's New Number 2 in DSL Broadband, you could win $5,000 by making a shot from half court in the iiNet Quick Shot. Get your hands in the air, wave them around and make some noise now if you want the chance to win.

All you need to do is make a shot from half court and you’ll win $5,000 thanks to iiNet.

If they miss the half-court shot, move to the 3-point line and if they get this in they receive a Championship ball.

If they miss this, they go to free throw line to shoot for a rubber ball.

Take a shot in a game and if it gets stuck, you don't get given a second shot. Unfortunately for Hurls, his half court shot missed. The MC erred by giving him a second shot. As much as I would like Hurls to receive something for his second shot, iiNet are correct in not paying out as per the competition rules.

Reply #394813 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Lol so many butthurt people and bad payouts in this thread. It has lowered to a DDFan level of bad jokes.

Reply #394816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6262, thank you for your input. You are correct.
As he is my brother i do have an obligation to "look after" him just a bit. i completely understand that at times he can be completely out of line with some comments and things so I DO understand what your issues are with him impersonally (i say this as you only know the digital Hurls not him personally) Please understand that he does not see the effects of what he writes here and on his behalf i apologise for some of his behaviour. in saying that it does not prove anything to entertain his ideas and for that all of those who have an issue with what he says here just don't reply. I could tell you why he does these things and it is a sad story but i cant right now or unless i have permission from him to divulge such information. Please be aware that things are not as they seem.

Thanks 6262, what you have said is perfect and to the point.

Reply #394818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hurls please answer the question
Did you tell the 36ers you were going to today tonight because iinet were not going pay?

Did you give the 36ers the opportunity ti fix this before you launched an attack on the brand?

Who told you you were not being paid?

Reply #394822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anom 822,

I can assure you that this was not an attack on a brand (36ers), and all avenues have been exhausted b4 the first contact was made to TT.

Reply #394825 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

How about you guys starting using an alias so it isn't so hard to identify which anon is talking to who..?

Reply #394829 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

MC was right to give him another shot by the rules.

But he's only entitled to the championship ball!

He entered the comp under the rules (implied or expressed).

Any other 'conversation' will rely on 'I said, he said' in order to prove a deviation from the rules.

Good luck.

Reply #394833 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Forget the rules. Go with crowd sentiment and brand protection. Small price for an iiNet-level company to pay.

Reply #394837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can assure you !!!! Every avenue was not taken before he ran to TT. People only go to TT because they only ever tell the person who is complaining side if the story to make them look hard done by.

Man up Hurls and go through the right channels.

Reply #394838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has never been told he won't be paid he has just been impatient !!!

Reply #394845 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

Isaac given how this has skewed into abuse and personal attacks a bit of clarity wouldn't hurt.

iiNet do like many business deny the claim in the first instance and hope people go away.

Those who exhaust all avenues - like Hurls, no doubt -and still get nowhere will only get their end from media exposure.

Any publicity for the NBL - even bad - is better than none!

Reply #394847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SMA. Here is clarity. He has NOT exhausted every avenue. He has not even tried to

Reply #394849 | Report this post

chunkylover69  
Years ago

anon394849
How do you know he has not exhausted every avenu? who are you and what position do you hold in NBL/iinet? prof is required so clarity can be achieved.

Reply #394850 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

"I could tell you why he does these things and it is a sad story but i cant right now or unless i have permission from him to divulge such information."

^ I enjoy sad stories a great deal

Reply #394852 | Report this post

chunkylover69  
Years ago

Mystro, its not a joke...

Reply #394853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then maybe some people should advise him of the right way to go about something !

Reply #394857 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Maybe the way to settle this would be a half court shoot off. Hurls vs iinet

Reply #394864 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

On topic please...

Reply #394873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Topic is simple regardless of opinions the facts are.

No one has said he is not getting it and at the time of going to TT he had not spoken to NBL or iinet.

That is as simple as it is.

Reply #394887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you have so much inside info as to Hurls situation can you please advise why Clarke still has his job?

Reply #394888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like I need to prove myself to you.

He has gone off crying and half you lot believe him with no facts.

Maybe he should man up and say yeah I ran to the tv station before I spoke to the proper people but no if you know him you would know he is not that honest a bloke.

Reply #394890 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

That was 'The NBL's foul play on a miracle shot '
lead up story for TT , just then on CH7 .

Reply #394892 | Report this post

chunkylover69  
Years ago

So who are you? and how do you know him? are you one of the sos?

Reply #394893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is you that should be crying spending your money on Clarke.

$5k and Hurls the least of your problems.

TT should investigate why you are still paying Clarke.

That is a bigger robbery than withholding $5k from Hurls.

Reply #394898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wish I was one of them then I wouldn't be paying Clarke or half of them. But if it helps I do work for one of the organisations he should have come to.

Reply #394904 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

and this is why people should have to sign in to post

Reply #394908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing more to say this is getting ridiculous now. You talk like that to people and I not answer your questions. If you think you are helping him think again.

Goodbye and good luck with it all everyone. Not sure we bother to run this promo again.

Reply #394926 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

sounds like you're lonely, maybe if you spent less time putting on a Cape to protect your brother from himself on the internet you might actually meet someone. failing that, get a dog.

p.s I bet you're really scary in real life lol

Reply #394927 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

"Like I need to prove myself to you.

He has gone off crying and half you lot believe him with no facts.

Maybe he should man up and say yeah I ran to the tv station before I spoke to the proper people but no if you know him you would know he is not that honest a bloke.
"

lo.. so you know me personally do you? as for speaking to the proper people, i shouldnt have had to chase them and i certainly shouldnt have to have waited 2 weeks to hear anything from them. not that honest a bloke? i have not said a single lie either on here, or on today tonight.

alot of people think they know me on here, who dont know the first thing about me.

as for annoying the crowd? why? because i am willing to make noise and amuse myself at the game? if you cant handle some good old fashioned heckling. you will find channel 10 screens the games there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #394929 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

"Topic is simple regardless of opinions the facts are.

No one has said he is not getting it and at the time of going to TT he had not spoken to NBL or iinet.

That is as simple as it is."

yep and they hadnt spoken to me either.. all i heard was from the 36ers after i had to call them.. them telling me there was debate.

i doubt anyone else has had to wait 2 weeks to hear back about there iinet shot!

dont wanna hear this 'second shot' crap. i was given the second shot so it counts.

anonymous... obviously your some sort of phantom insider that klnows me and the nbl and iinet? who r u and what makes u think u know me personally?

Reply #394932 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

sorry Hurls, your brother is now your spokesman and representative since he put his cape on, he also wants to give it a shake once you're finished just so there's no damp patches. He has also implied that you are slightly retarded, can you clarify this in your next "press release".

kthanxbye

Reply #394935 | Report this post

chunkylover69  
Years ago

Mystro, ill give you my seat number and i suggets we have a lengthy discussion regarding these matters. scary is in the eye of the beholder, its up to you what you think.

Reply #394937 | Report this post

chunkylover69  
Years ago

I hope you die in a fire Mystro.

Reply #394938 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

mystro.. just to clarify.. i wasnt the guy in the red suit. get your facts right before u start talking shit

Reply #394939 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

impatient? who wouldnt be impatient when all you hear is theres debate and no one has bothered to contact you in over 2 weeks? alot of people here not bothering to put themselves in my shoes.

Reply #394944 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

lmao, have you both got computers in your bedrooms or is the whole family crowding around in the lounge shaking your fists getting mad? this is gold :)

Reply #394945 | Report this post

chunkylover69  
Years ago

I love you Mystro, you are so cool when you type.
How about YOU "Man Up" and meet me at neex game for a quick chat regarding these topics?

Reply #394949 | Report this post

chunkylover69  
Years ago

Mystro is a Nauseating shit eating train wreck.

Reply #394951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how unaustralian is everyone on here who doesnt want the j "halfcourt" hurlz to have his money. jealous little bastards need to back off. sticking up for a big organisation over an everyday battler baffools me. u guys suck hard. he got given the second shot and made it. simple as that mo fos.

Reply #394955 | Report this post

chunkylover69  
Years ago

Yeah you piss drinking arse ninja

Reply #394957 | Report this post

chunkylover69  
Years ago

Who cares anymore...kill the topic already

Reply #394959 | Report this post

mystrobater  
Years ago

mystro u are really cool. your comments are fun. i enjoy your car pic.

Reply #394960 | Report this post

KracKa BballiN'  
Years ago

Funniest thread ever...

Wonder if TT have gotten word of whats being written on here?

Reply #394961 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Dear iinet.

It's not that I don't think you should pay out the whiny little child for his halfcourt shot, I think you should pay him out simply to save face and move on rather than tarnish the name of the Adelaide 36ers Franchise and the NBL. But in this case could you not as it is providing me with plenty of laughs via the interwebs.

Yours Sincerely
Mystro

P.S They are mad

Reply #394962 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

all i can say mystro is you know what i look like now. come find me at the game :)

they do still have paramedics at the game dont they? yes?

oh lucky you!

Reply #394963 | Report this post

mystrobater  
Years ago

mystro meet chunkylover69 at the game and talk about your problem u pussy. u wont have an opinion in person u little bitch.

Reply #394964 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I love you Mystro, you are so cool when you type.
How about YOU "Man Up" and meet me at neex game for a quick chat regarding these topics?
yeah mystro.. i will be holding my next press release from your mothers bedroom... does she still charge 5 dollars a gob job?
Mystro is a Nauseating shit eating train wreck.
Yeah you piss drinking arse ninja
Who cares anymore...kill the topic already
mystro u are really cool. your comments are fun. i enjoy your car pic.

bahahahahaha, seriously is that it? Bipolar much? love the "Man up" comment coming from whiny children especially lmao

Reply #394966 | Report this post

chunkylover69  
Years ago

He is fairly tough behind his keyboard...why for he no take mu up on my offer?

Reply #394970 | Report this post

mystrobater  
Years ago

we all b tough behind our keyboards

Reply #394971 | Report this post

mystrobater  
Years ago

your a sad fuck mystro

Reply #394972 | Report this post

KracKa BballiN'  
Years ago

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the thread that keeps on giving.

Reply #394973 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

all i can say mystro is you know what i look like now. come find me at the game :)

they do still have paramedics at the game dont they? yes?

oh lucky you!

mystro meet chunkylover69 at the game and talk about your problem u pussy. u wont have an opinion in person u little bitch.

seriously I can't believe I almost missed these couple of gems lmao.
you guys do know you are not scary or intimidating AT ALL but by all means keep going, maybe try capslock as it may help to convey how upset you both are with this whole situation ;)

Reply #394974 | Report this post

chunkylover69  
Years ago

Dont need to be intimidating on a keyboard. come meet me in person sweet heart.

Reply #394975 | Report this post

mystrobater  
Years ago

and mystro the saddest thing is that u are arguing on the net against the person who is directly affected by this topic. your a nobody sticking your opinions into a game where it will only end bad for u. wat do u aim to achieve by your comments? straight up loser = mystro

Reply #394977 | Report this post

Ray Martin  
Years ago

So Hurls,

Simple question to which hopefully you will give a concise, sensible answer

Did you contact IInet with regards to this matter prior to contacting the media?

Reply #394979 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

He is fairly tough behind his keyboard...why for he no take mu up on my offer?

please try and restrain your "mad" and go back and read over my posts and please point out any "tough guy" posts that I may have posted or any threats directed towards yourself or towards your "special" brother "Hurls"?

Hurls is prob blushing having his brother and his sidekick donning capes to save his reputation on the internet from total strangers bahahaha nah he's prob on msn calling out to his whiny friends to "get his back on tha net".

oh and none of this is getting you 5k, jus sayin

Reply #394980 | Report this post

mystrobater  
Years ago

theres more than 2 who b mad at u mystrobater/dont hate the elevator/take a step back and see the error player/u aint shit so dont spit at the gator/your about as scary as buffy the vampire slayer/so bitch please tell me who b the payer?/2nd shot? 1st shot?/how many shots has your mum gave ya?/so keep searching your soft porn u little mystro-masturbator.

Reply #394981 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

and mystro the saddest thing is that u are arguing on the net against the person who is directly affected by this topic. your a nobody sticking your opinions into a game where it will only end bad for u. wat do u aim to achieve by your comments? straight up loser = mystro

swap argue with laughing at
this is an internet forum where opinions are shared, right or wrong. I have shared my opinion on the subject and now I am laughing at it. my current goal in this topic is to further my entertainment which is so far going well.

I really really really would like one of the whiny children to please please explain how any of this is going to end negatively for me, I'm all ears? :)

Reply #394982 | Report this post

mystrobater  
Years ago

is it really u ray martin?

Reply #394983 | Report this post

mystrobater  
Years ago

dont cry mystro laughing turns to crying quickly

Reply #394988 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

theres more than 2 who b mad at u mystrobater/dont hate the elevator/take a step back and see the error player/u aint shit so dont spit at the gator/your about as scary as buffy the vampire slayer/so bitch please tell me who b the payer?/2nd shot? 1st shot?/how many shots has your mum gave ya?/so keep searching your soft porn u little mystro-masturbator.

white Australian kids trying to rap is just taking things to far :facepalm:

Reply #394989 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

6262, thank you for your input. You are correct.
As he is my brother i do have an obligation to "look after" him just a bit. i completely understand that at times he can be completely out of line with some comments and things so I DO understand what your issues are with him impersonally (i say this as you only know the digital Hurls not him personally) Please understand that he does not see the effects of what he writes here and on his behalf i apologise for some of his behaviour. in saying that it does not prove anything to entertain his ideas and for that all of those who have an issue with what he says here just don't reply. I could tell you why he does these things and it is a sad story but i cant right now or unless i have permission from him to divulge such information. Please be aware that things are not as they seem.

this was my favorite post by the way ;)

Reply #394990 | Report this post

mystrobater  
Years ago

dont b racist

Reply #394991 | Report this post

mystrobater  
Years ago

im glad u have favourite posts mystro its really cool. why dont u go and collect all your favourite posts then go back a week and wrap all your posts up and then open them for christmas.

Reply #394992 | Report this post

chunkylover69  
Years ago

Mystro, i was trying to difuse the sitch. unfortunatly for you you could not see the hidden message, thusly you require manual diffusing. i will be more then happy to cater to your needs on this count.

Reply #394993 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

it is a well known and established fact that "white australian males" have absolutely no place in Hiphop /end argument. the paragraph of dribble that was just posted just adds further proof to that fact.

I can hear your Mum telling you to go to bed and no one wants to upset your Mum, night kids.

p.s I really really really really hope iinet don't do the right thing and pay up ;)

Reply #394995 | Report this post

mystrobater  
Years ago

who are u to speak on the matter of white people not being able to rap/hip-hop etc?, u just pissed off more than half the population here with that thoughtless comment.

Reply #394996 | Report this post

chunkylover69  
Years ago

Good night...
Karma is a bitch...enjoy your life.

Reply #394997 | Report this post

Hurls is a tool  
Years ago

So hurls
No one told you were not getting paid
You were told by the 6ers there was some discussion going on about it
You did not talk to the nbl
You did not talk to iinet

Most offices were closed over the Xmas break

AND YOU GO TO TT

TOOL

I hope after the show goes to air that they do not pay you

TOOLS LIKE YOU DO NOT DESERVE THE MONEY

Reply #394999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I feel sorry for you people

Reply #395000 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Hurls, meet me at the South West bar and ill shout you a drink next home game.

PS I won't be wearing a red body suit with pee stains

Reply #395013 | Report this post

Ray Martin  
Years ago

So Hurls, not sure if you noticed my question amongst all the other posts....

Did you contact IInet prior to contacting Today Tonight?

And as a follow up, if you did, what did they say to you?

Reply #395014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

See, I got to be around this music its therapeutic.

Reply #395016 | Report this post

2 things. When I was a kid, there were dobbers in school. No one liked a dobber. The one that didn't get his way, so he went to mum and dad to sort out problems with their mates. These dobbers went on to become tax auditors and parking inspectors. I don't like tax audits, and I don't like parking tickets. Truly, I'm embarrassed not only to share the planet with people who run to today tonight, but this small city of adelaide. Come on man...today tonight? Really? Regardless of the result, is 5k really worth everyone thinking you're a douche? You could have just been the hero that made the shot, but now you're the knob that everyone will talk about when you're not there.

Secondly, for the record, I think you should have gotten the 5k, as you we're offered a second shot. But if your problem solving skills include calling today tonight, you've got bigger problems than 5 grand. I blame your parents.

Reply #395021 | Report this post

KracKa BballiN'  
Years ago

Yes! Its still going...brilliant, lol.

Reply #395036 | Report this post

I'm going to A Current Affair to complain about what a rubbish show Today Tonight is.

Reply #395042 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:45 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754