Anonymous
Years ago

Jrue Holiday / PG Ranking in the NBA?

Where does rising star Jrue Holiday rank in terms of PG's in the NBA?

Topic #30397 | Report this topic

Jake  
Years ago

Right up there this season. He needs to back it up for a few seasons before in is in the elite bracket IMO but he is on his way to becoming a superstar.

Reply #395690 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Controls the game well and made Kobe look like a clown on defense yesterday. Made Kobe and his all NBA 1st team rep look like a joke

Reply #395707 | Report this post

UP North  
Years ago

probably behind Paul, Rondo, Parker, Irving, Westbrook but ahead of Williams, Lawson, Teague, Lin, Conley, Felton, Dragic etc

Reply #395710 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

I'm a massive Jrue Holiday fan & he could quite possibly (in the future) be a Top 5 PG in the NBA. As 'Jake' mentioned above he needs to play at this current level for a number of seasons to warrant these type of accolades. It was great watching him dismantle the Lakers yesterday!

Reply #395712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As what feels like being the only Philly fan is Aus, its good to see people talking about him. Pretty much what has been said so far is spot on. Probably and all star so far this year but he is only 22. The age of a lot of rookies, so still has plenty of upside. Just needs some more help right now.

Reply #395763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really ahead of Williams and conoley doubtful. Having a good season but one doesn't compare to 5 or 6. He is good and very smart but get the whole season out and maybe next then put him up there.

Reply #395768 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

better than conley and Irving, but not deron williams. Conley is underrated though.

Reply #395792 | Report this post

Japorms  
Years ago

6'4 and lots of fancy moves

Reply #395821 | Report this post

rick  
Years ago

For me its something like this

Tier 1:

Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Steph Curry (PG/SG)
Russel Westbrook
Kyrie Irving
Tony Parker

Tier 2:

Jrue Holiday
Damien Lillard
Ty Lawson
Steve Nash
Kemba Walker (probably bias but cos i have a crush on him)

Honorable mentions go to Vasquez ... if only he could play D, and Kyle Lowry for being the most underrated pg in the league.

Reply #395825 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

Rick - I could build a case to swap Jrue Holiday for Kyrie Irving in your Tier 1 & Tier 2 system.

If we look at the stats alone & teams record:

Jrue Holiday 19ppg 9apg 4rpg 1.3spg
Kyrie Irving 22ppg 5apg 3rpg 1.2spg

Sixers Win / Loss Record: 15 Wins / 18 Losses
Cavs Win / Loss Record: 7 Wins / 26 Losses

In Cleveland everything is geared around Kyrie, where Jrue is more of a facilitator with the Sixers. In all honestly they are both rising stars that will hopefully continue to flourish in the NBA for many seasons to come.

Reply #395864 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

It's pretty tough to rank considering the criteria for 'point guard' and 'ranking' hasn't really been established.

In regards to guys who play the point guard position and their form this season, I'd say the top 10 point guards THIS season are:

1. Chris Paul 16 pts, 9 ast, 3 reb (25-8)
2. Russell Westbrook 22 pts, 9 ast, 5 reb (24-7)
3. Tony Parker 19 pts, 7 ast, 3 rebs (26-8)
4. Steph Curry 20pts, 6 ast, 4 rebs (22-10)
5. Jrue Holiday 19 pts, 9 ast, 4 rebs (15-18)
6. Damian Lillard 18pts, 6 ast, 3 rebs (16-15)
7. Brandon Jennings 18pts, 6 ast, 4 rebs (16-14)
8. Mike Conley Jr 13 pts, 6 ast, 3 rebs (20-9)
9. Rajon Rondo 13 pts, 11 rebs, 5 rebs (14-17)
10.Deron Williams 16 pts, 8 ast, 3 reb (17-15)

Underrated selections are:
Parker - Ever so consistent, ever so good.
Curry - Injury free and showing his talent, helping to turn GS into a winning side.
Holiday - Carrying Philly with Bynum sitting.
Jennings - Very solid and a winning record in Milwaukee
Conley - Quietly consistent for a top 5 team

Overrated selections are:
Rondo- great player, but we expect more from both him and the Celtics
Williams - (see Rondo) not producing to the level we expect from him, and Brooklyn for that matter.

Interestingly, we've had these guys injured for a significant part of the season.

Injured List
Kyrie Irving* Missed 11/33 games
Derrick Rose* Missed whole season
Ricky Rubio* Missed 23/28 games
Kyle Lowry* Missed 13/32 games
John Wall* Missed whole season
Steve Nash* Missed 24/31 games

Reply #395872 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

AK-47 - The only issue I have with your Top 10 PG's is that Rondo is way too low on your list. Rondo is a Top 5 PG IMO.

Reply #395894 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Guys, when Rondo tries, which is only for the big games, he is top three in the world. Kyrie can blow by guys and shoot the three pretty well, but he's overrated. Typical no. 1 draft pick hype.

Reply #396007 | Report this post

rick  
Years ago

Kyrie is a special player I reckon. The stuff he can do with the ball is once in a generation. Give the cavs a few years to turn their record around and I see him as an MVP candidate.

Reply #398276 | Report this post

CP3  
Years ago

Massive game by Jrue (33pts & 14 assts) today Vs Toronto. Surely Jrue is a 'lock' for the East in the Allstar Game? Does anyone know when Bynum is due back for the 76ers?

Reply #399658 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:45 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754