bk
Years ago

Has scott been cleared to play

Just wondering if anyone has heard if scott will be playing tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to seeing how he plays

Topic #30400 | Report this topic

Quincy  
Years ago

Nope

Reply #395788 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Ten Sport have said "NO"

Reply #395790 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Will he be cleared and have played enough games for playoffs

Reply #395793 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

Smith,

W000000000000000000AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

back the truck up, hold the horses,

whats this play off thing your dreaming about

surely you jest,

what ever your on ill take 2

Reply #395794 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

See guys? Smith believes Marty will take us to the Playoffs.

Reply #395797 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

i to believe he will take us to final,

final position on the ladder that is

Reply #395798 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Final playoff position on the ladder you meant to say?

Reply #395800 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Hopefully Boti is right and Marty will be sacked after we lose both games this weekend.
Then we can start fresh next week with a new coach and a new import.

Reply #395802 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

the only thing the 6ers will play with is themself along with MC

Reply #395804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben Fitz thinks he will surprise a few people. By the sounds of it we won't get to see

Reply #395805 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@Hendo88888888...

The Sixers cannot afford to lose to Sydney (either of the 2 games in 2 weeks) there is daylight between 4th and 5th already.

ADL would not be able to catch up.

Reply #395807 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

I cant remember a clearance ever taking so long... has this guy got priors haha

Reply #395811 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw , shouldda gone in there today to have a look at him . My brain is fried .
44degrees on friday couldda done with him playing.

Reply #395814 | Report this post

Singlets  
Years ago

Actually a clearance during normal hours would take on avge 3 weeks.

Reply #395815 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

Dont NBL teams usually find a way to fast track it though... Maybe im just too overly keen for something anything to happen with the club that represents a positive step.

Reply #395817 | Report this post

Singlets  
Years ago

I am sure they normally get to but at this time of year every business (except seafood and beer) slows down ??

Reply #395820 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Never taken longer than a week in my experience

Reply #395823 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

Oh well i'm predicting 2 losses this weekend due to the heat factor and the guys having to play extended mins to cover lack of bench the poor buggers haven't even got a days rest inbetween games.

Reply #395824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah seems funny Sydney complained about playing sunday after saturday but havent complained about playing us saturday after friday

Reply #395826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leanne stuffing up again.

Reply #395828 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Of course we can't afford to lose to Sydney Marcus.
Just like we couldn't afford to lose against Townsville 3 times, or drop a game after leading by 21. The playoff ship has sailed. Marty has between 2 and 14 games left as coach of our great club. Might as well be 2 so we can make an educated decision on our new coach for next season. The last 2 coaches have been poor selections, let's give someone an opportunity to prove themself this time before we throw 3 years at them.

Reply #395829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For Marty's sake this bloke had better be good and get some wins. Has not been good since CJ left.

Reply #395831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hendo. No coach would come for 1 year and no club would attract people only doin one.

Any coach would want and probably deserves the chance to build something. No one will give you instant success. Be realistic.

Reply #395832 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

LOL Thomo!!

Reply #395833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

While both teams bplay back to back, Sydney play the tigers the following afternoon at 2pm rather than the following night - a very short turnaround.

Reply #395835 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@Anon'828....

Fair go......bit rough to blame it on Leanne isn't it?

No....I am not Leanne's mum.

Reply #395843 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@Anon'828....

Fair go......bit rough to blame it on Leanne isn't it?

No....I am not Leanne's mum.

Reply #395844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WHETHER SCOTT PLAYS OR NOT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE ADELAIDE ARE SHIT AND WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. wonder what sportsbet has them paying for the spoon.

Reply #395846 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Now now...thats not the right attitude.

Reply #395849 | Report this post

Nazz  
Years ago

Something not right here. Perth sign Dunnigan on December 1, he then plays at home vs hawks on December 7, six days later. Melbourne sack Braswell November 5 and Jonny Flynn is signed, cleared and plays on November 9 against Adelaide 4 days later.

ADELAIDE sign Scott Christoferson on December 19, SIX DAYS BEFORE Christmas. Yet it's now January 4, sixteen days later and he STILL is not cleared.

Something stinks.....

Good thing Leeann Grantham is leaving because she is HOPELESS. All this is HER job. Not prancing around bossing people around on game night like I see from the stands each week. Heard from a few friends in soccer she was terrible there, everyone who worked with her practically partied when she was sacked, oops thats right she resigned. Pretty obvious why she never stays at any job for very long. You can't cover incompetence for long without people realizing its not everyone else...its you.

Please just get it done. We hear how good this guy can shoot, we all want to see it. Sure could have helped last weekend. 2 x 3's each game from him and we win both.

Reply #395850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pretty much agree Nazz, not only do we have a rubbish coahch, but management is ibviously disorganised and incompetent. Something I have been trying to harp on for a few weeks now.

Reply #395851 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Shane Heal has posted something complimentary of Scott too. Hope we get to see him play soon.

Reply #395853 | Report this post

kracka_bballin  
Years ago

According to Jai Bednalls article (http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/adelaide-36ers-hurt-by-outside-shots/story-fndekpx4-1226547286538 ) he's cleared by FIBA waiting on work VISA. Surely there's been enough time now. This ain't school, we don't all have time off over Christmas.

Reply #395856 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

seriously though, Hurls can shoot from halfcourt and is a local? He was wrapped with 5k so league minimum is gonna be like christmas all over again?

Reply #395860 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Good points raised above. Maybe Jai can ask the CEO why other clubs have had a quick turnaround and the 36ers are still waiting.

As Nazz mentioned this should have been wrapped up before Christmas.

This delay has potentially cost us the last 2 games although if Scott hit a few shots he probably would have been benched anyway and then onto reduced minutes for the next game ala CJ.

Reply #395861 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Give Hurls a one game fill in spot if Scott is not cleared.

Reply #395862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can we have this long and not get him cleared. More pathetic management.

Reply #395871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surprised that Clarke still has a job. Never seen so much incompetance and poor decision making.

Should have stuck with CJ. I guess Clarke had to look after his pet players (Cadee, Weigh, Johnson, Crosswell) despite their failures this season. Never been a fan of people looking after their mates.

I guess management are just as incompetant as Clarke

Reply #395873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they kept CJ any longer probably couldnt afford a replacement.

Reply #395876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They wouldnt need one! They actually won when CJ played and got decent minutes. 0-4 since his release.

Id say they would have won 3 of those 4 past games.

Reply #395880 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

I remember it took a long time for Dusty to be cleared though i can't remember what time of year it was and from memory he was already playing in Australia or had just recently gone home. It was different management but it appears we are still very disorganised

Reply #395886 | Report this post

Br  
Years ago

The club should be getting really good at this.

Its not as if we havent done it enought times over the last couple of years.

Reply #395888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't it funny how everyone on here is so organised and instantly blames the club because they think something should happen quicker.

Every case is different.

Reply #395889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still with the CJ thing.

You can't complain that he didn't get enough minutes and then say we won because we had him. The 2 don't match.

He is gone. Move on.

The Mitch injury made this harder not CJ

Reply #395891 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

Actually would be the first time for this management team to do this
Imports were not replaced mid season last year.

Inexperience is costing the team and the club

Reply #395892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well muzz given your obvious experience and expertise can't you fix it for us.

Why keep taking pot shots at people and the club if we don't know the process. And I don't but I am not going to say well he got in after a week so everyone should.

Every case is different.

What on earth makes other people on here think they are not doing all they can. We are not the only people that want him out there. Fair chance the people paying him want him to play to. I would if I was paying him.

Reply #395896 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Why are you so defensive? If you go to a restaurant and the food is shit, you have every right to say so. Doesn't mean you could cook it better, but you know it’s wrong and you say so.

The fact that Perth loses a player to injury and then has a replacement import within a matter of days is what we see. Then we see the Sixers coach blame his incompetence on a player, sack him and weeks later the replacement still isn’t cleared to play. That’s what we see, we know that isn't right and we say so. We aren't saying we could do it better, but we know the professionals being paid to do so, should!

Reply #395897 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

The fact is that if Christopherson is in the country and cant play he was given the wrong visa to start with. That is incompetence.

Reply #395898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CJ will be glad to start playing for the more professional Knox Raiders soon lol.

CJ got the 36ers wins when he got minutes. He did great against Perth and had a good game against the Kings when they won.

I think the frustration is guys like Cadee, Weigh and Crosswell get big minutes even when they are playing poorly. CJ has 18 points in about 18 minutes and wins the game and then in the next barely hits the court.

That is just very very very poor coaching.

Reply #395899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So if you can't do better Spinner and don't know how to do it how do you know they have done wrong. Because someone at a different time and a different case got through quicker. ???

As I have previously said it was mentioned upstairs after a game than a guy had been secured and then a family member took ill and he pulled out to stay with family.
So Scott was not straight after CJ that would mean when this fell through they then had to find another replacement and then of course with Creek down it looks more desperate.

Oh by the way. Thanks for your latest post CJ.

Reply #395901 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

I wonder if any thought went itno a temproary contract with an ex/retired NBL player until Scott was cleared. Sack CJ, bring in retired NBL player on 3-4 week contract (forgive me NBL laws prevent these contracts) and then say thank you for your service but Scott is now cleared.

Now who retired last year that might have been worth a paid 3 week holiday in Adelaide.........Seriously not sure if there is anyone but it was just a thought.

Reply #395911 | Report this post

UP North  
Years ago

so will he play tonight or not?

Reply #395912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your welcome Skye

Reply #395913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Embarrassing. Oh, what has become of the great 36ers.

I wonder how Lennon Cooper's DVD for the decade commencing 2010 is looking at the moment?

Instead of Title Town, Titanic may be more appropriate.

Each case is different...yet this is the longest I can ever remember an import being unable to play in the history of the NBL.

Front office mirrors the coaching...working hard...just don't have what it takes.

I guess failing to accept mediocrity makes me a non-supporter like Spinner.

Reply #395919 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Of those retired - Ng , Herbert ? , I think , Helliwell . Last season everytime Bevo was to put Nevil on , Clarke put Helliwell on . Nevil didn't score and Bevo gave up putting him on . it just struck me kinda funny .
I know nothing of the Visa system .
Dusty's was at Chritmas and delayed , missed 2 games
One went thru very quickly , a coupla days , Hodge , I think.

Reply #395920 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Flinders80, even Dowdell would have been useful during this time... that is if he wasn't too busy learning poetry

Reply #395922 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

So Camel, what if Sixers said right we need time to find a new import. Ng/Herbert how would you like $10K to play 3 games under the current systems which would not be too different to what you played in last season.

I think Ng would have been a handy replacement for 3-4 games until Scott was cleared.

Again not sure if this is possible by NBL rules

Reply #395924 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Clarke could always have been a player coach and then subbed himself off he played too well.

Reply #395925 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Flinders80, there is league minimum salaries just like there is a cap and Ng isn't Hurls, he's a Doctor, 10k is shits and giggles

Reply #395926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

doesnt tucker live in Adelaide and still do well at ABL level, could have he played as a interim replacement until the new import is signed and cleared? offer him $500-1000 per game, for 3-4 weeks would be worth it imo.

Reply #395931 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Perhaps Herbert instead of Daly .

Reply #395932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rules don't allow 3-4 weeks

Reply #395936 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@Nazz..

I hope you are not suggesting that Leann should have the power and influence to expedite GOVERNMENT proceedings and due process.

The club has submitted the paper work, probably made a few calls but thats it, they cannot go and get the Visa stamp and stamp it for SC themselves.

Unfortunately such things take time, especially over the Xmas break.

I have worked in a public service department before, the level of service between it and a profit seeking entity is astonishing.

I think to blame everything on the CEO is just poor form.

Reply #395937 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@Spinner...

At a restaurant, you know the waiter or the Maitre D', is the direct representative of the cooking staff who actually prepared your food.

Leann and Marty are not from the Dept of Immigration.

Leann and Marty do not have bribed officials within the Dept of Immigration.

Leann and Marty are not Migration Agents.

You have to let due process take its place.

Dunigan was taken care of in November.

November != Festive Period.

Reply #395941 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Guys we need to stop using CJ as a constant blight on Marty.

The decision was made and ratified as a GROUP, people here have argued that it was a good move or at the least a move that had to be done.

Lets accept that it was unlucky for Creek to go down during this time and make the best of the situation.

Our Head Coach Marty does NOT have a crystal ball that he can foresee blown Achilles. He'd be in the NBA if he had such Omniscience.

Reply #395942 | Report this post

Guns  
Years ago

Marty sacked CJ though without a replacement being ready to play! Jury finds Clarke guilty!

Reply #395943 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

He's gone with Daly and Kristofersen replacing CJ and Creek

Reply #395948 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Is the game on ONE tonight?

@Marcus Camby Nazz made some really good points that the majoiry of people on here agree with. Stop making poor excuses and look at the facts and results over the last 2.6 years.

Reply #395951 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Scott cleared to play and debut tonight

Reply #395958 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@Jake...

To be honest I'd very much like to put that to the test.

Wish we could have a poll.

"Is Leann to blame for the Scott Christopherson visa delay?"

Reply #395960 | Report this post

Singlets  
Years ago

Yeah just saw the message Scott is playing tonight.

That must annoy alot of people who jumped the gun and pointed fingers,

Reply #395962 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Marcus Camby - if Marty farts, do you say "pardon me" for him.

STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR MARTY F@$#^%G CLARKE!!

Reply #395965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes

Reply #395968 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I have never met Marty...let alone hear him break wind.

Reply #395969 | Report this post

We were holding it up, skeleton staff for the last two weeks

Reply #395972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guys Marcus camby is just an Internet troll. Probs sitting at home on disability pension of some kind with no friends trying to create some excitement in his very mundane depressing life...

Time to stop biting, it's just some shits an giggles for him/her.

Reality Clarke and Radford are overdue to be sacked. I'm sure the 6ers are working behind the scenes to replace these twits... Id actually love to see them replaced after a win, rub it in to there arrogant blame everyone else ways.

Reply #395987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scott is shit, Clarke to go as coach.

Reply #396003 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Anon'987..

Marty and Mark have not blamed anyone else for the situation.

Can you please quote where they have said its 'X's fault?

Its pretty poor form to have a go at people on Disability Pensions.

Reply #396019 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Spinner +1 to that.

Reply #396028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek/cj are better than daly/christop.

Reply #396270 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:49 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754