Ingles13
Years ago

Chris Paul >Kobe Bryant

I hope today's game proved exactly how overrated Kobe is as a winner, as a player, in the clutch and overall. Chris Paul makes his teammates better, is a better defender, and is actually clutch when the game is there to be won.

Chris Paul > Kobe Bryant and it isn't even a debate

Topic #30425 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

If it isn't a debate, why post on a forum rather than a blog with comments switched off?

Reply #396287 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

When Chris Paul has achieved HALF of what Kobe has in has career lets re visit this thread.

Kobe is at the end of his career - how about you look at Kobe's resume before declarig he is overated.

Kobe is one of few Lakers actually performing this season.

Reply #396288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's a stupid comment. Ones a PG the others a SG so of course Pauls gonna get more people involved, just like Nash did.

Just like Kobe did a better job of shooting the ball than what Paul did. In the end as good as Paul is (and he's very very good), what has his teams done that you call him a winner?

Reply #396289 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

1. Re Isaac: Trying to educate these lakers fan that consider Kobe better than Cp3. I need comments on so I can respond to them and teach them why CP3 is better.

2. CP3 has taken BAD teams to favourable positions. Noone expected the 08 Hornets to do s**t but he took them to the second seed and one game out of the top seed. He single handedly turned around this bogus Clippers franchise that has been irrelevant for 20+ years and is currently in second in the packed west.He is having an MVP year

3. Chris Paul has never played with dominant hall of fame big men like Shaq, Gasol, Dwight and Bynum (not quite HOF, but dominant)

Chris Paul is better than Kobe right now.

Reply #396290 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Ingles I reckon you'd get along with Marcus Camby and have great conversations.

Do me a favour and have a look at what Kobe has achieved in his career. Next you will be saying CP3 is up with Jordan

Reply #396292 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

So mad Jake, I ain't talking bout the rings Shaq CARRIED kobe to. I'm talking about how Chris Paul is a better PLAYER than Kobe. Stop living in the past

Reply #396293 | Report this post

wasnt much in todays game - first time clippers won a lakers series since 93

Reply #396294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Firstly Ingles, I'm pretty sure Giffen has played a part in that too. What about the clips last season? Dis they win it then? They had a deeper team than the lakers did in recent championships.

Um how many championships did Shaq win prior to joining with Kobe at the lakers? Zero! How many did Gasol win before joining with Kobe? Zero! So what's your point?

Who would of thought that the 8th seed lakers would have got close to 1st seed suns when that went to 7 games? They nearly knocked them off with the likes of Kwame brown, bill Walton, smush Parker and other no ones.

As skilled as Bynum is he has the heart of a pea. He didnt even play in the championship. Why even mention him?

Why mention Howard also as this teaming is only new.

Reply #396296 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

This Clippers team is deep, so there is no "single handedly" in any discussion about Paul.

Reply #396297 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Anon brings up facts from 10 years ago. I'm talking about how Chris Paul is CURRENTLY better than Kobe Bryant. Also, if you're gonna bring up facts, make them right next time. Bynum played in both championships. I'm not sure if you're trolling or not. And lol @ saying Bynum has the heart of the Pea. Bynum plays with a huge chip on his shoulder. It's hard to stay focused and to do the right thing when that shooting guard on your team rarely passes you the ball.

Re 'the situation'. Yes, this Clippers team is Deep. But is it really as deep and as strong as the Lakers? All off season I was told by laker fans and kobetards how they have already wrapped up this years championship. They have the clutchest player of all time, the best centre in the league, a top 5 european player of all time and the best PG over the last 10 years. How could they not win it all? The clips are deep, but how many of these guys would have signed in LA if it wasn't for Cp3? I can basically guarantee Barnes, Odom and G.Hill wouldn't have.
NBA Vets want to play with winners, like CP3. They don't want to play with selfish ballhogs that are more concerned about breaking the all time scoring record.

Reply #396302 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

are we trolling? Vince Carter>Jordan

Reply #396307 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Ingles that is a bit like saying that CURRENTLY Ben Allen is a better player than Wilt Chamberlain.

Reply #396308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok he played but numbers were low and didn't play that big a part of both playoff runs. So you're telling me that Bynum plays at an intense level? No way.

As for bringing up last ten years you mentioned these other players. Remember the 2001 - 2002 WCF finals against the spurs where winner was thought to win the finals? Kobe averaged 34 points at over 50% 7 rebounds and 7 assists. How is this being carried?

It's a stupid comment to make considering they play two different positions and one is near the end of his career and the other is 7 or 8 in (half of what Kobe is).

Are you for real this clippers team is clearly deeper than the lakers. You contradict your own comments. First you question if the clips are really that deep then you say the clips are that deep as veterans want to sign with cp.

No one wants to sign to play with a ball hog. Another stupid comment. Pretty sure Steve Nash is better than any of those vets you mentioned. Plus Jamison and Meeks took less money to play with a player that no one wants to play with. Oh and Dwight Howard the best centre in the NBA is happy to be there. Oh another thing the greatest coach of all time was wiling to come back and coach this player that no one wants to play for. I think odom would of cause he wanted to move back to LA so it was more location than cp3.

Think you need to get your facts right.

Reply #396315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol @ the guy who wants to use the argument that Shaq had zero titles before Kobe came along. He was a young guy then who was still maturing in his game. Even after a few years he already had Orlando in the Finals.

There is absolutely no doubt the first 3 titles were all about Shaq - as dominant as you will find during that period. Any other quality guard would've won rings as well in those years, it wasn't about Kobe.

What's next, saying that Jordan had no rings before Pippen?

Who is better between Paul and Kobe right now is an interesting one, but perhaps the best comment so far was the guy who said it's difficult because they play different roles.

I don't think today's game necessarily told us CP3 was better than Kobe (both were awesome IMO), rather it showed us the Lakers lack discipline in all areas of their game (defensive transition, rebounding, running optimal offensive sets) whereas the Clippers looked more refined, well-drilled and hungry.

Reply #396316 | Report this post

Jmac  
Years ago

"I hope today's game proved exactly how overrated Kobe is as a winner" That is a bold statement considering Chris Paul is now in his 7th season and is still not a 'winner'.

Reply #396320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm the guy who mentioned rings for Shaq and Paul before Kobe, the same one that mentioned the different positions and different points of career.

I'm a laker fan and I know the early years was about Shaq, but go back and watch how Kobes athelticism and ability to attack the paint and rim enabled Shaq to get easy points under the rim. Also when the games were close and near the end, Shaq was on the bench cause he couldn't hit a foul shot. So he wasn't the sole reason the lakers won. Kobe played a massive part, Phil jackson played a massive part. Even the likes of horry had big moments.

I mention it also cause ingles contradicts himself again saying that Kobe was carried cause he had other players help him win a championships but then uses the excuse that cp hasn't won any cause he hasnt had another player to help him.

You're last comment nailed it on the head. As a point cp played great as a shooting guard Kobe played great. If Howard could shoot foul shots lakers would have won (like other games) yet ingles doesn't mention that as a contributing factor. Nor does he mention pau's no show with two points at 16% shooting.

Why doesn't he mention that Paul did a poorer job of shooting the ball as he had 30 points at just 44% yet Kobe had 38 points at 60%???? isn't a shooters role to do that? Shooting that amount of points at that percentage, well anyone would take that, even Jordan.

The bottom line is that the lakers are a new group, new coach, new systems and are 7-3 in their last ten with two latest losses being by 5 at clippers and 6 at Oklahoma (minus Nash and Gasol) who are 1and 2 in the west. It's not even half way through the season. Who's to say the clippers didn't peak with that 18 win streak? I remember the year the mavs won it, the lakers were unstoppable after all star weekend yet look how that turned out. It's a bit early to talk MVP and champions. Season has a lot more to play out.

Reply #396324 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

The Lakers weren't really that 'unstoppable' as they didn't even get the 1 seed (spurs did), and just about everything in your argument doesn't seem to convince me that Kobe is better than Chris Paul. Hmmm, you can even try again, or just accept that CP3 is better than Kobe.

Reply #396326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm saying they went on a winning streak that included a thumping at San Antonio. Didn't mention that they finished top at all. I'm stating they went on a streak like the clippers have, like Houston did in 08 where all of a sudden they're the team to beat and favorites.

Now going by you're thinking, if the clippers dont win a championship this year is cp still better than Kobe as his ability to be a "winner" would be poor considering he cannot win with a deep team full of help?

I laugh at your comment that you're gonna teach us all about why cp is better than Kobe cause you haven't said anything at all that supports that stupid and pointless comment. So please badketball teacher, educate me!

Reply #396333 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ingles, sounds like a debate to me...

Reply #396337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't even like Kobe and I think you're an idiot.

Reply #396342 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

1. Get an alias so I can identify you. It's hard to take anon's seriously.

2. Learn the difference between your and you're. It's hard to take people seriously when they don't lnow common grammar.

3. I'm still not sure why you're bringing up streaks from 08 and 2011 when I'm talking about how CP3 is a better player than Kobe RIGHT NOW.

4. The Clippers were a much newer group last year and CP3 didn't struggle early to blend in and lead. Nothing like the Lakers have been struglling this year under Kobe's offensive schemes.

5. Don't bring up Howard's foul shooting when CP3 has Blake and Deandre shooting the same or worse.

6. Yes, Kobe shot well today, but froze his teammates out and played average defense. Don't let the 5 steals blind you. Ateast 3 were passing lane steals due to horrible passes and 1 was a clear foul on Butler which the laker refs let go leading to a false steal. Chris Paul also had 13 steals to Kobe's 3, and out rebounded him 6-0. POINTS ARE AN OVERRATED STAT.

7. Who had the last laugh today? and opening week? and for the last 5 weeks? Yep, CP3 and his Clippers.

Clippers >> Lakers and it starts at the top. Clippers have the best player in LA

Reply #396344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This argument is laughable. This is Kobe's 17th year in the NBA, and it can be argued that he's still in his prime. He's shooting as well as he ever has in his career. He is one of the greatest scorers of all time, has 5 rings to go with it. Chris Paul is 27, should be in the prime of his career right now. Kobe is in his 17th year and people should be expecting him to slow down but he's still doing his part. Kobe at 27 vs Paul at 27 is no contest, Kobe all day.

Reply #396346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More for ingles to think about

Gold medal game 2008 Beijing against Spain. When the game was close and up for grabs, who took control? Pretty sure it was Kobe not the "winner" cp.

Reply #396347 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Kobe hit like 2 shots late in that game after being silent all game. Do you also remember his lackluster defense on Rudy Fernandez leading him to serve a facila on Dwight. That 2008 gold medal game is another instance where HOF players carried Kobe. I hate how he gets treated as the closer when he hit 2 big shots.

Reply #396348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In th Beijing game, he shot a higher fg % than cp, higher ft % than cp, scored more points than cp, had more rebounds than cp, more assists than cp. He was regarded as the guy that stepped up when the game was on the line (by his peers too). Get your facts right, Kobe didn't hit just two shots. He was 7 of 14.

Reply #396353 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

And how does this prove he is better than Cp3 right now? I think you're trolling me.

Reply #396360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As for today's game

Cp shot a lower fg % and had 4 times as many turnovers if you want to get picky. As for defense, did you see cp's poor defense on Kobe when got switches? Pretty much got scored most times. Kobe spent a lot of time defending Paul and he scored @ 44% which is under his season average.

When you say 13 steals I assume you mean assists. So you can say let's not consider Kobe's high points or his high shooting percentage even though that's his positions role yet you state assists for cp as its part of being a point guard to do that.

You make so many contradicting and stupid comments that don't in no way validate your initial comment of Paul being better than Kobe now.

Reply #396365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your initial comment was that Kobe is overrated as a winner was it not (as well as cp being better than Kobe now)?

Well championships and the gold medal games are factual arguments that support how stupid your comment is.

So is the fact that you have nothing to back your argument with so you just say he's better. Also the fact that one person has not supported your comment, speaks volumes.

Hahaha who had the last laugh. Are you serious? Championships aren't won today or on opening weeks. I'm pretty sure the lakers will take their championships over the clippers 26-8 record.

I think the improvement in the lakers will be far more than what it will be the clippers by seasons end. Last ten games clips are 8-2 and lakers are 7-3. Don't be surprised if a trade takes place.

Also wait until the clippers actually win something other than regular season games cause in the end it's about the rings.

Let's hope the clips can win otherwise Paul will be nothing more than a failure when it comes to your thinking.

Reply #396374 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

And he still LED his team to a victory over Kobe's Lakers who have one of the all time best starting 5's ever seen.

Reply #396376 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Lol you must be a lakers fan. They love living in the past. You'd be silly not to take CP3 over Kobe right now.

Reply #396379 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

As far as I could see in today's game Steve Nash was the PG for LAL, so to compare Kobe with Paul is like comparing Bird against Jordan...

Both great players, but play a different role within their teams, as already pointed out in an earlier post.

I am warming to the Clippers as a team, at least they play some 'D'...

Reply #396415 | Report this post

McDunkalot  
Years ago

People argue about Kobe being MJ... No one talks about CP3 and MJ in the same conversation so sit down and enjoy one of the best all round players of all time hater!

Reply #396429 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

"hating" is the new truth telling? ok mate
#kobetard

Reply #396436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No I'm stating Kobe's accolades cause you said he's overrated winner. So to point out how dumb that comment is you have go back over his entire career.

As for leading his team, did u watch the game??? Majority of the offenses went through Nash first so there's another stupid comment with nothing to back it up.

Lakers fans might live in the past but in the end they win. Clippers have done jack sht and even winning today they've still done jack sht. At the end of the season when both LA teams walk away without a ring, you'll still be the team that's done jack sht period. Great teams talk about winning rings, teams that do nothing talk about regular season wins.

That being said why not compare Howard to Paul. They are closer to playing ages and are regarded as the best at their positions. That would make a little more sense but still stupid to compare differen positions. As for making sense, I should expect that from you as you haven't done it at night.

Least I back my argument with facts and figures.

Reply #396446 | Report this post

CP3  
Years ago

Chris Paul is the best player in LA right now. For me he is clearly the best PG in the World! That is not even a point worth debating. All that is left for Chris Paul to do is win a NBA Championship at some stage soon with the Clippers.

Reply #396452 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I honestly can't take laker fans seriously.

This one made me laugh: " As for making sense, I should expect that from you as you haven't done it at night."

lol ^

But you did make one great point. I can compare Dwight and Cp3 because they are the best at their positions. I cannot compare CP3 to Kobe as Kobe is not the best SG in the league. That title belongs to one James Harden.

And I'm not a clippers fan, LOL. I'm just a realist telling it how it is

Reply #396453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

James harden yeah right. How does that work? A shooting guard that scores less points at a worse percentage. That clearly shows he's a better shooting guard? Another stupid comment.

Well people would argue Westbrook could be better than cp. He's younger and his teams top of the NBA so explain that comment.

Reply #396470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh and I'd take rose over cp when he's healthy

Reply #396471 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Westbrook has the league's second best player on the wing in Kevin Durant and is a turnover machine. James Harden is CARRYING one of the worst supporting casts in ages to a very respectable 6th seed. Where's Kobe? Oh thats right, down at 15-17 and in the 11th seed.

Reply #396474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No the lakers are down there, not just Kobe. Once again dumb comment looking at the individual for team records. As shooting guards, Kobe is having a better season than harden. Houston have got off to a slightly better start but harden hasnt compared to Kobe.

Westbrook is better at other things than cp. Cp has a way deeper team with way more scoring options than anyone else in the league yet doesn't lead the league in assists. Wow he is failing big time. Imagine rondo at the clippers!

Reply #396485 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

But Chris Paul is winning with a supporting cast worse than Kobe's. Explain that

Reply #396489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A support cast goes down the whole bench the depth lakers don't have. They didn't have Nash for most of season and gasols been out injured. Let's see the clippers record without their starting PG and PF. Pretty sure they wouldn't be 26-8 either

Reply #396495 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Chris Paul would've lead this Lakers team to atleast 20 wins so far.
James Harden would have lead this team to 20 wins so far.
When was the last time a team with Dwight Howard was sub 500? 2005? 06? It's been a while. It must be the Kobe cancer he's caught

Reply #396513 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Ingles13 why don't you go hang out with your mate Marcus Camby as you both talk the same language. Next you will be telling us Marty should be coaching the Clips as he is a 'winner'

Reply #396515 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Don't be salty Jane that your team is 15-17 lead by the GOAT.

#kobetard

Reply #396524 | Report this post

Get a life ingles. It's Saturday in Summer and you're at home (or maccas)starting threads like a 13 yr old one direction fan that got stepped on at their concert.

It's ok ingles. Do you need a hug?

I love it cause its not like you're hating on a no body like kirk Heinrich, you're hating on someone that will be remembered forever. Now every time you hear the wind blow it will whisper the name....... Mumba.......Mumba

Ha ha

Ha ha ha ha

Reply #396534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When was the last time Howard came back from back surgery? Watch the games moron he doesn't move like he used to. As I've mentioned, you say stupid things constantly. Kobe is having a great season. He's played on a team that has been far from settled. They haven't had Nash, missed Gasol and when he has played he's been injured and a limited Howard. Plus a coaching change and the structures that go with that and no depth. Yet they are 7 of last 10 with loses coming at clippers by 5 and at thunder by 6. Hardly poor losses.

So that must of meant Lebron was overrated two years ago as he couldn't win a championship with wade and bosh.

Reply #396536 | Report this post

McDunkalot  
Years ago

I hate the Lakers but if you have any understanding of what a great player is you would not be questioning Kobe. He was hitting shots today your gumby ass dreams of and can only do when your on 2k13. You proably have never thrown a dunk down or caught a lob or even done a board tap yet you think you know it all because you watch ESPN.
Chris Paul is sick and one of the best players in the league just so happens Kobe is a Finals MVP, League MVP, Scoring Champion, Olympic gold medalist ect so as they say check the resume!!!! #hater #yourmumlikeskobe

Reply #396538 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

1. 6 of last 10
2. Kobe's only MVP (2008) was a joke and it was clearly Chris Paul's.
3. You really have to be joking if you would be taking someone who is only concerned about scoring and being the hero ahead of a leader and winner in CP3

Reply #396565 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Dude!? What has CP3 actually won?

Kobe is concerned about winning! He's leading the league in scoring in his 17th year, can you say CP3 would be able to lead the league in a statistic in his 17th year? Will he even be in the league? Guarantee he would not have won 5 rings!

Haters gonna hate!

Please change your author name aswell, Ingles would be embarrassed by the retarted rant you have displayed!!!

Reply #396572 | Report this post

McDunkalot  
Years ago

Chris Paul 16.7ppg, 9apg and 3.5reb.... Westbrook 21ppg, 5reb and 8.5apg I guess we could argue he isn't even the best pg by stats. Then throw in players such as Lebron, Durant, Kobe ect is Paul top 5 maybe? To be honest i think Kyrie Irvin could have better numbers in that Clippers team.

Reply #396574 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

saying "haters gonna hate" just reinforces my opinion that kobetards should not be allowed to talk about basketball.

Once again, none of your argument is relevant to RIGHT NOW. Noone cares that Kobe is leading the league in PPG. Points are an overrated and inflated stat. You failed to mention he is leading the league in attempts by OVER 120!!! STAGGERING!!!!!!

The best player on CP3's team is nowhere near the level of Durant or Howard. He also has one of the worst coaches in the league evidenced by their terrible gameplan yesterday, saved by the brilliance of CP3 making Griffin and Jordan better players.

Give Cp3 8 years of Prime Shaq, 4 years of prime Gasol, a dominant Andrew Bynum, and one of the greatest coaches in any sport ever, and I could guarantee more than 5 rings

Reply #396580 | Report this post

Ingles, were you the one sexually assaulted by Kobe in the hotel in Denver?

Reply #396587 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

'Give Cp3 8 years of Prime Shaq, 4 years of prime Gasol, a dominant Andrew Bynum, and one of the greatest coaches in any sport ever, and I could guarantee more than 5 rings'

Great Hypothetical mate. How exactly could you guarantee this?

Reality - Not one person has agreed with you on this topic, does that tell you something?

I'm not even a Kobe lover, however im not ignorant to NOT respect the mans body of work!

Reply #396590 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

You go respect his body of work then. You can also take his 15-17 record with you. I'll stick with the leader of one of the best teams in the NBA. Enjoy fishing in May

Reply #396592 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

kobetards, lmao

Reply #396593 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Wow Ingles you spent 12 hours responding to your own pointless post! You really should get a life instead of spending hours clogging up this forum with your hate. Like it has been previously stated Paul and Kobe play different positions, plus Kobe has 7 years on Paul so will be coming to the end of his career soon. Also Kobe won his first championship at 21.

Reply #396594 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Shaq won Kobe his first championship at 21*

Reply #396595 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

There is a difference between hating and educating. I am educating you guys. You are hating on CP3

Reply #396596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one cares about scoring????? Another stupid comment. Last time I checked games are won on the scoreboard.

If Kobe was so worried about scoring why did he sit out the last game of the season when he could have played and probably scored enough to win the scoring title? Cause he's all about scoring.

Did you watch yesterday's game at all??? Kobe did not come out looking to shoot the ball at all. It was a lot of Nash and Howard. That got the lakers down 20 (with their poor defense). Then Kobe started to take over and actually got it back with shots Chris Paul, and pretty much anyone else in the league, dream about hitting. Paul will never be able to the things that Kobe has done on the court. Take a look at his age yet he's still pretty unstoppable one on one.

So Jordan averaged 6 rebounds and 5 assists over his career and Kobe has averaged 5 and 5 so does that mean Jordan wasn't that good cause he didnt do more of the "other" stuff?? Some players are there to be a scorer first.

So your argument for taking Paul over Kobe is stupid I think everyone has stated that. So if a team has rondo, rose, Westbrook, Williams or another elite point chances are they'd take Kobe as they have the PG position covered. Does that make sense why you're comment was and is stupid?

Reply #396599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another stupid comment. No one is hating on cp. In fact most people including me have said he is a very good player, arguably the best at his position. You're the only one hating - on Kobe.

Hmmm look at the players Pauls surrounded by compared to golden state. I guess what curry has done with golden state should mean he's more of a "winner" than Paul as his team is not as good, not as deep and doesn't have their starting centre (bogut).

So by you're arguments (as weak as they are) it means curry > Paul and you'd take curry right now.

Reply #396604 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Isolating 1 on 1 is a recipe disaster. Nobody likes playing with a ballhog. Dwight not getting for the ball for stretches of 5 or more minutes isn't gonna inspire him to play hard defense and rebound strongly.

Let's bring up their records:

Kobe with a good team: 15-17
CP3 with a good team: 26-8

and let's bring up what a credible journo has to say about the lakers struggles.

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless
Lakers' biggest problem is Kobe. He has taken 110 more shots THAN ANYONE IN THE NBA! Makes teammates look worse than they are.
Expand Reply Retweeted Favorited

Kobe is an all-time great player who's now just very good. Can't win games by himself way used to b/c has to shoot so many fallaway jumpers.
Collapse Reply Retweeted Favorited

and for you even questoning whether Westbrick is better than CP3 (which is an incredibly lolsworthy comment)

Who has taken the 2nd most shots in the NBA to Kobe? Russell Westbrook, the OKC "point guard" and teammate of 3-time scoring champ KD.
Expand

again, come back to me when kobe leads this team, one of the greatest stafrting 5's of ALL TIME to atleast a decent record (if he makes the playoffs)

Reply #396606 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Cp3 > Curry > Kobe

Reply #396607 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I've seen this before from Ingles13. He trolls a thread in order to bag Kobe (because he hates him), but when you point his argument is crap, he accuses you of loving Kobe. It's really pointless.

We get it, Ingles, you hate Kobe.

Reply #396610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hmmm explain why Paul is better than curry. Going by your agrumemts curry is the better point guard that you'd take now. No comments on that cause it's true.

Skip bayless is a dck like most of those espn analysts ie smith and Broussard. Those three make stupid comments all the time. Byaless said last year that Howard isn't the best centre in the league - like you, a dumb comment.

My argument for westbrook was the fact that he does other things better than Paul and has a better record. I didn't say I'd take him over Paul. I said Id take a healthy rose. Also curry with your line of thinking.

Dwight not getting the ball???? the start of the game yesterday everything went through Dwight? He gets to the line and misses. Howard is great but he's a sook.

The lakers situation is due to buss, he's at fault. So is dantoni. Why come to a team and not have offense that incorporates Gasol in the right spots not on the perimeter? That's a huge problem. Not Kobe's fault, intact he is the one saying they need to give the ball to gadol more in the paint. Funny comment for a ball hog.

So it's Kobe's fault Nash was injured, dantoni was hired ahead of jackson, dantoni hasnt incoporated Gasol into the offense, Dwight is limited due to back surgery. Wow Kobe's like god with all that in his control

I think a moron > ingles

Reply #396614 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Has anyone won this thread yet?

Reply #396618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ask us when pauls been in the league as long as Kobe with at least 5 rings cause as ingles says, he's more of a winner!

Reply #396621 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

How has my logic proved curry is better than cp3? Cp3 is leading his team to a ether record after he turned around this laughable franchise last year. Curry might not even be the best player on his team.

Stay salty at 15-17. Stay salty

Reply #396630 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

There is no winner to this argument.

Smart people that watch and analyze the NBA will obviously say Cp3.
Kobetards, lakers fans, and bandwagoners (lakers fans) will say kobe cos POINTS ARE EVERYTHING

Reply #396631 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Smart people will realise they're playing different positions and at different stages of their career and not over-dramatise it beyond that.

Reply #396633 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Kobe Bryant and Josh McRoberts are at different stages of their career and play different positions. I know which of these 2 is the better player.

Same as Cp3/Kobe

CP3 is the better player and winner

Reply #396635 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

What a terrible argument.

Ingles13, you seem happy to use history (Clippers being a longtime basket case, people's thoughts on Kobe's career, team mates been stars or not) when it suits yet when someone else tries to bring history in to the discussion you say that it's all irrelevant and are basing your point on yesterday's game, or this season only. Can't have it both ways.

Yep, Paul played well yesterday and he beat their crosstown rivals. Overall, Kobe is the better player and always will be.

Reply #396637 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

LOLOL lakers fan's at their finest ^^

clearly I'm using history to explain how CP3 has turned around the franchise which has always been LAUGHABLE. I'm not talking about his play 10 years ago. This franchise was a JOKE before Chris Paul came to LA. I'm not even sure what your argument is? Are you trying to prove that 15-17 >> 26-8. LOL. Kobe has Metta, Dwight, Gasol and a 2 time MVP in Nash while CP3 has Blake, Crawford and a bunch of role players.

I can tell you're a salty lakers fan trying to hold kobe's rep up despite him being the problem. I'm done trying to prove basic knowledge to lakers fans. Go take your 15-17 and enjoy flicking on the espn trade machine whenever the chokers lose another game. I'll be watching the Clips go deep in the playoffs being led by the BEST player in LA

Reply #396641 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I'm not a Lakers fan. Only one of us is using their personal likes/dislikes to try and prove something.

Reply #396643 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I'll bumb this in May when CP3 carries the Clippers further than Kobe carries the Lakers (if they make the playoffs)

Reply #396644 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

So when Kobe has success, it's all because of his teammates, but then when those team mates play poorly, or suffer injuries, or have a terrible coach in place, it's all because of Kobe? Gotcha.

Reply #396645 | Report this post

McDunkalot  
Years ago

Ingles your arguement is pointless. Deandre Jordan, Blake Griffin, Caron Butler, Jamal Crawford, Lamar Odom and Bledsoe are not your average roll players lol. Such a stupid arguement the Clippers are so young and athletic they beat teams for the most part with better defending and rebounding. You have no idea about what makes a good team because you clearly just watch the game and have never played beyond an Xbox.

Reply #396651 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Quoted Skip Bayless in a basketball argument; automatic loss

Reply #396667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sick of people defining being a "winner" by number of titles or number of "clutch" shots. Sure they are fun to talk about but there is a lot more to winning a title than any player's "winning" gene and there is a lot more to winning a game of basketball than shots made in the closing minutes.

Winning a title is about collective talent playing team-ball. Talent alone is not enough without a good team concept. Kobe has the rings and the clutch resume but the Lakers current struggles confirms that it isn't about one guy causing those results, it's how the team uses those talents to blend and work together with each other. Hopefully they can work out the kinks because it would be fun to watch such an assortment of talent play as one.

The Clippers are doing it better right now, but their 2 main pieces (CP3/Griffin) have had a season to work together whereas the Lake Show are trying to integrate major additions (Dwight, Nash) and a new coaching style.

The Lakers right now are the Miami Heat from a couple of years ago. Team outcomes lesser than the sum of the parts and non-stop drama/headlines because of all the star power. I guess they will be happy with a championship next year if that is the path they follow!

Reply #396668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And the irony is, if it wasn't for David Stern, CP3 and Kobe would be team mates on the Lakers.

Reply #396675 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

For those that still think Kobe is better than CP3, take a look at the box score from today's game. Aboslutely destroyed Steph Curry and the dubs and has been resting for most of this half.

Lol @ the dude that said Westbrook is better than Cp3 and Curry is comparable.

#kobetards

Reply #396684 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

The sad thing is, when I looked at the box score from today's game, I knew that Ingles would somehow try and use it to prove something against Kobe, no matter how irrelevant it is.

#Inglestard

Reply #396709 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Chris Paul runs LA

Reply #396720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wait till your bum buddy cp3 leaves the clippers next contract dumbass.

He owns LA.

You couldn't be any dumber could you ingles?

Oh wait yes you can, your life is hoops sa you are a piece of shit with no idea about basketball, I'd love a pickup game against you for cash you probably couldn't hit a jump shot to save your life. Just hate on forums.

Classic case of tall poppy syndrome, let me guess you hated lleyton Hewitt when he was in his prime? Hated the aussie cricket team when they dominated? You hate LeBron?? Hate Durant and Westbrook? If the clippers actually win a game in may you will jump off and hate them? You root for the underdog cause in life you are the underdog.

Massive dick

A crap Kobe just dumped > ingles13

Reply #396750 | Report this post

Last post was me

Reply #396751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow base and entire career an argument on two days play. What about last week then, where were you when warriors played clippers?

Golden state smashed them by 21 and curry beat Paul.

Curry had 31 points at 69% from the field including 6 three pointers at 75%. Also had more rebounds (6) more assists (8) so then last week Paul wasn't even the best player in the pacific?

Once again thats true if you go on your line of thinking. Remember golden state don't have the players or depth that the clippers do. Plus missing a very good centre in bogut. As for curry not being the best player on that team (another stupid comment once again - you're full of them), then who is?

You keep talking about Kobe leafing this team, have you not seen that it's Nash that runs the team? Maybe you need to watch some games first.

Also form your own opinions and learn about the NBA instead of running to see what so called experts such a bayless say so you can run on here and just copy it. You sound like a douche.

Lastly you neglected to answer the question about Lebron being a failure and not as good as Paul as he was unable to win with bosh and wade two years ago. So were you saying then that Lebron was overrated?

Durant hasn't won a title either with Westbrook, harden and a decent team. Does that make him a winner cause all that talent and no rings.

You totally contradict yourself with your arguments. According to your arguments the following are true

Last week curry was the best point in the pacific
Lebron was overrated to years ago
Durant is overrated.

Hahaha you wonder why people think youre a know nothing expert.

Maybe you should get a clue about basketball and stop listening to so call experts like bayless , who are considered laughable by some circles in the NBA, and just spitting out what they say.

Reply #396762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh and will Paul be a failure if he cannot win a title after two years with strong rosters? According to your thinking, yes!

Reply #396763 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

so mad mascot, so mad. Don't take your anger out on me that the lakers are 15-17. You can't always win buddy (especially with no shaq and no stern fixing your games)

WILL BUMP IN MAY WHEN CP3 GOS FURTHER IN THE PLAYOFFS THAN KOBE

Reply #396765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But if the clippers don't win the championship then who cares Paul would have still won nothing.

Why won't you answer the questions I've asked seeing how you're going to educate us all? Because you're wrong and have no answers and unless skip bayless says it, you have no opinions on the NBA that you can form yourself.

Reply #396785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But if the clippers don't win the championship then who cares Paul would have still won nothing.

Why won't you answer the questions I've asked seeing how you're going to educate us all? Because you're wrong and have no answers and unless skip bayless says it, you have no opinions on the NBA that you can form yourself.

Reply #396786 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

HAHAHA this thread is a trainwreck. So I might have a go.

Unless you are a psychologist/can enter the minds of the players on these teams, you cannot tell who the better winner (most effective player) is. Basketball is a team game where four other guys are on the court at the one time. Four other guys who attract varying levels of attention from defenses while on the court.

Really, a mass content analysis needs to be done to break everything down, but who has the time?

As far as superficial analysis goes, Paul and Kobe have the ball for roughly the same amount of time every possession, and from the NBA I've watched this season, Paul is loads more effective with it (being a real point guard), putting his teammates in their best possible positions and successfully running plays when he has the ball.

Defensively, I've seen a lot of screw-ups from Kobe; again, lots of studying needs to the done. Defense is about communication and smarts. Who on this thread can possibly say they have studied all this in depth?

But in the name of willy-nilly predictions/points of view, I think it's Paul because he is a good point guard who plays like a point guard and keeps the morale high (which is a barometer of an effective team), with a good balance between scoring and sharing. Kobe plays like a scoring point guard with a bad chip on his shoulder. He doesn't move the ball around and does not assist as much as he should or can. Although 50% shooting for a game is good, it's more or less on par with the rest of the team (in terms of a general team's output for a general NBA game), and you don't keep your teammates happy, which means enthused, which means moving, which means more offensive threats. It's a vicious cycle with volume scorers. Just because Kobe scores all the points doesn't mean he is carrying them -- he is creating a problem by himself, then trying to fix it by himself. Pretty stupid, not how you win basketball games, or any team sport.

As much fun as this was for the first 50 odd comments, people simply need to stop posting here, shut the hell up and move on. People on this thread will never admit they are wrong and will never change their stance, just live with it.

Reply #396817 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

*In the last sentence when I said thread, I meant to say site.

Reply #396818 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Btw, titles is an indication of a leader's (both the coach and the captain/on-court leader) player management and focus capabilities. Not to be overlooked. Then again, I don't exactly know if Kobe was the leader back in the Shaq days. He definitely was in `09, `10. If Kobe is good at one thing, it's keeping his players in check (at least that's what I've seen by watching media. Behind closed doors is another thing.

Reply #396819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So spurs fan by you're way of thinking pauls more of a winner than Jordan cause he gets his team mates more involved?

Jordan averaged same assists as Kobe and have same attitudes in a lot of ways. Some of The guys that played with Jordan didn't even like him. Hell he punched one of them and threatened to kill another.

It's a stupid argument because as a point guard your job is to set up and distribute the basketball and as a shooting guard it's your job to shoot. So obviously Paul Is going to average more assists than Kobe.

Bottom line, clippers and Paul haven't won sht. This guy is rambling on at the start of January. Way too early to be talking sht.

And curry's start of the season is more impressive than pauls. Ingles should be raving about him.

Reply #396823 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Has a teammate of Chris Paul ever called him out for anything ever? Serious question

Reply #396824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What do you mean?

Reply #396826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess ingles you sit there and watch Kobe score 81 and say what a hog rather than what an amazing game. Am I right?

Reply #396827 | Report this post

Nblfan  
Years ago

Ingles13 you are a moron. Cp3 right now may be better than Kobe right now but you have not presented one sound arguement as to why. I had no opinion either way on opening this thread just posting to let you know that you are losing this debate(though its not debatable) by a long margin. Btw hope my use of you are in place of you're didn't confuse too much. Go away, think it through, maybe phone a friend then come back and make a valid point.

Reply #396828 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

My point was that CP3 is better than Kobe RIGHT NOW and this butthurt anon had been trying to troll for 2 days because I disrespected his rapist idol. You even admit CP3 is better but say I'm losing this "debate"? There is no debate. CP3 is the better player hands down. Anyone saying Kobe is either trolling or a kobetard

Reply #396856 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Lol clicking on your message history and seeing you have started 2 threads. You started a thread asking why noone has signed Ubaka.... Just from that one thread I can conclude that you're either 1) a really bad troll, or 2) have very minimal basketball knowledge

Reply #396857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles I've read you're input on here and you come across as an idiot so I decided to look at some other posts, and sure enough you are an idiot. At least you're a consistent idiot.

Im the butthurt anon that you refer to but I reply because you post rubbish on here with very little facts and figures. You rely on skip bayless for your arguments. That's why when I asked you other questions about some NBA players you have not responded as you clearly have no idea.

Maybe think about a way to back up statements prior to posting them. You clearly have no idea and it shows.

Like him or not, no one in the NBA has the resume that Kobe has. He will go down as the greatest player of arguably the greatest basketball team. That's above some pretty damn good players over the year. Maybe you should appreciate what he has done and can do rather than being a douche. Lebron James and carmello Anthony both said that Kobe is the hardest worker they've seen. I remember when the Lakers lost in Miami a couple seasons back. When all the other lakers had left, Kobe was there til 3 in the morning shooting. The team lost yet the team weren't putting in the extra efforts he was.

Yes I'm a laker and Kobe fan, but I'm also a basketball fan. I can appreciate the other amazing players the NBA has to offer.

Reply #396868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ha ha cp3 better defender, put down the bong ingles.

Best play of the game when Kobe steals it runs the length if the floor then jams on cp3's little head. Ha ha 17 th year still the best player in the gym.

Ha ha ingles you lose every time.

Change ur name butthole only one anonymous poster agrees with you out of 50 and its probably you!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Kobe for MVP

MVP MVP MVP I can hear the chant now. Also where was Pau? The dude you say carries Kobe? That's right 12% shooting today geeeez must have a sore back from carrying the lakers.

Reply #396882 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

In summary, Ingles13 just wanted to share that he really dislikes Kobe.

/end thread.

Reply #396896 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

None of your long argument about lakers history or some game they lost in Miami years ago changes the fact that CP3 is better than Kobe right now. Bump this in May when Kobe chokes AGAIN in the playoffs and I'll be sure to remind you why CP3 is better. And you're smoking if you think Kobe has has a better career than Magic Johnson. Also, Tim Duncan has the greatest resume of this generation and Shaq/Lebron were the 2 most dominant players.

Again, you're a lakers/Kobe fan. There's something wrong with those types of people. They turn a blind eye and SUPPORT RAPE. Terrible human beings. Support Kobe as much as you want, it ain't gonna change CP3's status as the best player in LA

Reply #396968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok so answer this questions instead of avoiding them cause you know you're wrong.

Right now curry > Paul

Two years ago Lebron was a failure as a winner

Durant and paul will be failures as winners if they don't win this year

Educate us all on these comments like you keep telling us teacher.

Reply #396993 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

No curry is not better than Paul. How are you even getting that logic?

Lebron was a semi failure in 09 and 10 but he also had an awful roster. The best player he ever had in cleveland was who? A chucking Mo Williams?

Paul will not be a failure if the Clips don't win this year as they are not as talented as other teams and were not heavy favourites along with Miami to win it all. Before the season, lakers and Heat were both around $3.50 and OKC about $6, and the next highest about $15-18 (depending on what site you use).

Reply #396995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Statistically curry is as good as Paul with a good record. They have had a bigger rise so far this season than the clippers. Curry plays on a less talented team with less depth and without their starting centre who is top 5 for his position in the league. Therefore right now curry > Paul. Or are you just using your own arguments to suit your point but it doesnt apply when it proves you wrong.

Lebron a semi failure??? What a joke of a comment there. I was talking about firstnyear at Miami when he failed to win with bosh and wade. Was he a failure then?
Anyone would take Lebron over paul anyway but according to you Paul is more of a winner.

So Durant will be a failure if he doesn't win it this year?

Why won't Paul be a failure if they don't win it? Two years in the system with the deepest team in the league. How is that not a failure. A good teams rolls more than 3 or 4 deep.

Reply #397015 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

lol Curry is no where near Paul statistically

Paul has more win shares
Paul has a top 5 PER
Paul has a better offensive rating
Paul has a better defensive rating
Paul has a higher TSP and EFG

don't even compare the two LOL

you're straying off the FACT that CP3 > Kobe

as a matter of fact, how's Kobe doing the hapless defense of the nuggets right now? of that's right. 7-19 and a plus/minus of -13, the worst in the game. The lakers are 5 points better in the 6 minutes kobe was benched hahahahaa.

best player in LA doe

Reply #397041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fuck I'd love to bash you ingles........

You are a pathetic individual!

Reply #397097 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

facts, stats and truth =/= pathetic

stay mad at 15-18

Reply #397110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And quit typing lol you fucking little homo

Reply #397234 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

stay mad about kobe's bricks today. stay mad

Reply #397236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So why are the bricks when Kobe shoots. Yes he had 29 points @ 44% yet Paul had 30 points at 44% so why aren't they bricks too?

Plus moron Kobe shoots a higher field goal and three point % than paul. So wtf is Paul throwing up retard? I guarantee that the degree of difficulty on Kobe's shots fat exceed pauls.

So what's pauls excuse for shooting the lower percentages compared to someone who throws up bricks?

Reply #397297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So why are the bricks when Kobe shoots. Yes he had 29 points @ 44% yet Paul had 30 points at 44% so why aren't they bricks too?

Plus moron Kobe shoots a higher field goal and three point % than paul. So wtf is Paul throwing up retard? I guarantee that the degree of difficulty on Kobe's shots fat exceed pauls.

So what's pauls excuse for shooting the lower percentages compared to someone who throws up bricks?

Reply #397298 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:38 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754