Jack Toft
Years ago

Sixers Run Home

The Run home (12 games) is:

Sun 13/1: Vs Sydney. Could get a win here.
Sun 20/1: Vs Breakers. Could be up by 21 early based on history.
Sun 27/1: @ Melbourne. Could Johnny Flynn catch on fire again?
Fri 1/2 Vs 'Gong.
Fri 8/2 @ Perth. Voodoo time?
Sun 10/2 Vs Melbourne.
Sat 16/2 @ Cairns
Fri 22/2 @ 'Gong
Thu 28/2 @ Breakers
Sat 9/3 Vs Cairns
Fri 15/3 @ Cairns
Sat 22/3 @ "Gong

5 Home, 7 away. Probably should go 3-0 against Cairns. Melbourne will be the Barometer and 7 of those games are against teams in the Top 4. Those top 4 teams are a combined 19 & 7 at home and 21 & 13 away.

Maybe it's a clever ploy to start smashing these top 4 teams late in the season, gain momentum and get a flag.

Considering a good run is needed to make finals, what are people thoughts?

Topic #30450 | Report this topic

Ingles13  
Years ago

They won't make it

Reply #396996 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

History has shown that you need to win around 15 games to make the top 4. Which means they need to win 10 out of the last 12 games to have a chance.

Sure they COULD do it.

But I doubt they will.

Reply #396999 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

We should have gone 4 - O agaist tehe Crocs

Reply #397005 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I'd say they'll win 3 or 4 of those games, tops.

Sun 13/1: Vs Sydney. Maybe W
Sun 20/1: Vs Breakers. L
Sun 27/1: @ Melbourne. L
Fri 1/2 Vs 'Gong. Maybe W
Fri 8/2 @ Perth. L
Sun 10/2 Vs Melbourne. L
Sat 16/2 @ Cairns Maybe W
Fri 22/2 @ 'Gong. L
Thu 28/2 @ Breakers. L
Sat 9/3 Vs Cairns. Maybe W
Fri 15/3 @ Cairns. Maybe W
Sat 22/3 @ 'Gong. L

Reply #397009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm brisling with hope, let's all grow beards, Stacker-style.

Reply #397010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm brisling with hope, let's all grow beards, Stacker-style.

Reply #397011 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Agree with Loco.

Reply #397023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We should have gone 4-0 against Crocs.

They are a very different team with Neville now and it is no coincidence he went there and they were 0-10 !!

I think we should win at least half.

Reply #397048 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

With current coaching and culture in place, this team wont win more than 4 more times if they are lucky. Its just the sad reality of why there has been so many 'sack the coach' threads. Fans are aware there is nothing left Clarke can bring out in this team, that should be top 1-4.

Reply #397049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure I agree we can keep saying we should be Top 4. Clearly we are not and we are miles away and although I myself am not a Marty fan ( not a hater but not a fan) if these players were all as good as we thought we wouldn't be here.

Poor shooting, poor D. etc etc.

I only saying this because we have lost so many by 4 or 5 or less. That's these supposed super players getting a poor 31 percent instead of 29.
Or missing 11 free throws instead of 16 or getting 6/21 from the arc instead of 4.

Reply #397057 | Report this post

Quickie  
Years ago

Left it too late lot of games we have been leading only to let it go in 3rd or 4th,unless a miracle happens to win our last 12 games ,mid season slump after an impressive first game win at home.at our rate we likely to finish 5th or 7th.

AGAIN no finals.

Reply #397058 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Guys...

I think the Sixers can give it a decent shot.

Look at the Crox...the fans never gave up on Woolpert...now they have the LONGEST winning streak in the NBL.

But the fans have to get behind their Head Coach.

The fans in TSV seem louder than @ ADL despite havin a worse record.

And they don't boo their own team.

Reply #397078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

give it up marcus.

Reply #397218 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Marcus- I think the crocs early woes had alot to do with their import troubles, plus the fact Ben Allen was their starting centre.

Woolpert had taken them within one game of advancing to the GF series against the eventual champion in previous season. Deserved half a chance.

Once Ervin and Neville settled in, they started to look good, made improvement. Bare in mind, 4 out of 5 wins came against Sixers.

IMO, team is playing worse. Don't think you can refer to crocs recent fortune as the glimour of hope for the team. Different scenario, IMO.

Reply #397228 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

The fat lady sung about 2 games ago. Shame but thats the way it falls for us. Bum bow!

Reply #397251 | Report this post

Threads like this are garbage. lets worry about winning a game first!

Reply #397253 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:31 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754