Pick up game
Years ago

Round 14 - Positive post for your 36ers v Kings

This Sunday 1.30pm
Your 36ers play the Kings and have the chance to get back a win.

Post here if you have a positive message for your team

Sunday game has been hard to draw a crowd but this is the game which needs a big crowd (4,500)

Topic #30454 | Report this topic

Pure Silk  
Years ago

Will be tough to get a bumper of a crowd as The Aussies are playing Sri Lanka in One day cricket at Adelaide oval that day too.

Reply #397090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can dooooo it.... maybe. Looking forward to seeing Madgen again, that kid goes hard every possession.

Reply #397091 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Aussie "B" team is playing Sunday...

Reply #397094 | Report this post

Thomas  
Years ago

Sixers all the best guys - i be there cheering for you.No booing from me. We get to stick together for the game the team the future of this great club.Marty get the boys over the line - all deserve a huge win GO SIXERS.

Reply #397096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck guys, love the team loathe the coaching, will always be at the games. Struggling to be any more positive than that.

Reply #397109 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Go you Sixers, do us proud!

Reply #397117 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Dear Marty,

We fans are behind you 100%.

We know you are hurting as much as we are.

We believe in what you are trying to bring to the team.

We believe in your vision for the team.

I know you won't let us down.

Regards,

Marcus C.

Reply #397124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What drugs do you take Marcus

Reply #397156 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Dear Marcus,
When you say we, I hope your not including ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #397158 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

This is the positive post section after all isn't it?

What do you want me to write? F U Marty?

Reply #397160 | Report this post

Wildcats  
Years ago

^^ hahaha sounds like a love letter!! U got 2 stick with the team!! Love the perth v adelaid back in the dayz! Hope the team cuts loose! Feel sori for the club that get them on there day! Like i said the are a top 4 team! Go boyz do what u guyz know what to do! Win! Even thou im a beloved cats supporter!

Reply #397161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well played Marcus, well played!

Reply #397162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Youve blown your cover now as a true troll, but still it was entertaining whilst you held your nerve and acted like a genuine Marty supporter.

Reply #397164 | Report this post

Vespa  
Years ago

So Marcus,

You have not been let down by Marty over the last 2.5 seasons?

If we do not make the finals again. Will you feel let down?

Reply #397166 | Report this post

Vespa  
Years ago

So Marcus,

You have not been let down by Marty over the last 2.5 seasons?

If we do not make the finals again. Will you feel let down?

Reply #397167 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@Vespa...

Am I let down at the result?

Yes.

However, I don't focus on just Marty. But that is not to say Marty shouldn't be accountable.

I understand there are also many other factors at play that are outside of Marty's hands.

Take for example the SF shortage (current flavour of the month).

Marty felt the import we had was not suitable made an adjustment. Creek went down...all hell broke loose from the fans. Tried Daly, Daly still not ready. In comes Scott, shorter than advertised, not a creator as suggested, yet somehow Marty should have known all this.

Marty is accountable for the lamentable record no doubt but before this the season was looking real good @ 5 - 3, season in half way in with a NEW squad.

Tough ask to get the squad gelling flawlessly on court in half a season don't you think?

Reply #397176 | Report this post

Years ago

Bevo won the title in his 1st yr with a knew team! So yes!

Reply #397177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It all went down hill for mine after the 30 point loss or thereabouts against the Tigers. Ironically, the only true blowout, the close losses have since sealed the coaches fate.

How do they come to work every day knowing they are dead men walking! I would have too much self respect to keep killing the brand of the Adelaide 36ers.

Reply #397178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If we lose again start a fire marty chant!

Reply #397179 | Report this post

Years ago

Reply #397181 | Report this post

Years ago

Reply #397182 | Report this post

Vespa  
Years ago

MC

You actually sounded smart in that reply. All points
made sense.

Agreed that is takes time to gel. That's not to say others teams
have not achieved it. Like I said it my others posts in previous threads.
Marty might be a great coach with great vision. It's just not working though
with the 6ers ! He has had basically 3 years with the same bad results.

If his plans and plays didbt work in the first 2. Why has he continued in the 3rd??

Reply #397183 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Do Marty Clarke and the team need positive comments from keyboard warriors on Hoops to win games?

Reply #397186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The coaches are positive enough without the fans.

Another article and another load of crap from Clarke about an honourable loss to Sydney.

He talked up the 'effort' again.

Is it a surprise the team are losing?

Mediocrity is acceptable under his watch.

Reply #397187 | Report this post

Bucketman  
Years ago

Good luck to our sixers this weekend, team, coaches, admin and supporters. As always I will be supporting the players, enjoying the win or feeling the pain of defeat with them. Ive supported the sixers for over 30 years, and that isn't about to change just because I don't agree with coaching decisions, bench rotations or average imports (all of whom I would love to play as well as!!). I still believe we need a new direction and better leadership, but for the sake of our club, our players and supporters I think we should all relax and enjoy the game. It could mark a better phase, or it could just be another frustrating loss. Either way, GO SIXERS!!

Reply #397189 | Report this post

giggles  
Years ago

I am POSITIVE I will be there, bustin' out a few groovy heckles combined with major trolling.

Reply #397223 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Putting on my rose coloured glasses (well as rosy as I can possibly be).

In our 8 game stretch, we've lost to Townsville 4 times. This isn't the same Townsville that lost the first 10 games of the season. That Townsville had no imports early season, then a 60 year old Larry Abney and an underperforming gun import in Gary Ervin.
Our first game against them coincided with the debut of Luke Nevill. Hot off a summer league in the NBA. Ervin is suddenly playing quality basketball and they are since undefeated.
As yet, we don't actually know how good they are as they've only played us. They could be legit for all we know.
Against New Zealand we only lost by 5 points. If you offered me that pre game remembering we had no import or Creek I would have jumped at it. How we lost is very relevant, but the final product is somewhat encouraging. That first half certainly was.
Both losses against Sydney were the second games of the weekend both a home/away double with travel between. Last weekend was the day after a game at home, then away to them. 1 day turnaround, same thing Sydney were whinging about having to do the next day. Christopherson was here, which if anything was a distraction or hindrance than help. The first loss, Daly played more minutes than Creek and Massingale and Massingale was sacked that week.
We lost to Perth. They are the best team in the league. You almost expect to lose to them. Dunigan was new, we had no chance to scout him. We had the game in our grasp before fading terribly and losing in overtime.
Every single loss, we've been well and truly in the game for the majority of the match. Different bounce here or there, no fadeout and we could have easily gone 5-3 like we did early season or even better. 7 of those losses were by a combined total of 29 points.

That's as positive as I can possibly be about what's going on at the moment. Close losses and fadeouts aren't nearly good enough, but at least we aren't going out there getting destroyed the whole time.
At the moment it just doesn't look like we know how to win. Townsville were the same, sitting 0-10, now they've won 5 on the trot. Faith says that we could do the same.

Reply #397237 | Report this post

Gruff  
Years ago

No point in doing this because Marty Clarke says that he never reads posts on the internet.

Oh, and Marcus, speak only for yourself, not others. You do not have the right to say "we the fans". No right at all. Just who do you think you are?

Reply #397401 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Last weekend was the day after a game at home, then away to them. 1 day turnaround, same thing Sydney were whinging about having to do the next day

Not really, Hendo... playing at 2pm the next day is a bit tougher than 7:30pm the next night... Sure, it's only 5.5hrs, but when you've got travel, recovery, having to wait extra time for the car company to screw up a couple of times, that 5+ hours really helps a prep...

As for the Round 14 game, don't worry, I'm sure the NBL will help you guys out and completely overreact and suspend Madgen for that game... The more I think about it, the more I think that it will be a likely possibility...

Reply #397496 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:37 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754