Bulldog
Years ago

My 2c worth

With all the negativity surrounding the 36ers, I thought it was time to add some positivity.

Now before you all start claiming I have no idea what is going on, I too am frustrated with the team's results and its leadership from the bench.

But following on from the thread about the 36ers press conference after the Sydney loss, one thing that did stand out to me watching that press conference is that Weigh has matured greatly this season.

His comments showed the playing group is frustrated with the losing streak and not thinking oh well doesn't matter. I thought he handled the situation much beter than Clarke did.

I can also see his maturity in his game as well.

I am one that has not been a great fan of Weigh since he arrived here. I thought he was too reliant on his outside shot and needed to be more aggressive. To his credit in the past few weeks he has gone away from the structure and been more aggressive.

The first game I noticed this was the here against Townsville. He attacked the rim on his first possession and although he didnt make the bucket it was positive.

Since then he has been much more aggressive taking the ball to the rim. Take a look at the Sydney game. I think Weigh has a big future at this club if he stays aggressive. He has the talent and the size, just needs to keep on the front foot.

Also a quick mention for Big Red as well. Am I the only one that is loving the way he is playing at the moment? For years I have been frustrated watching him settle for layups, but since that same Townsville game he has started going strong to the basket and looking to throw it down.

I agree with Weigh, there have been some positives come out of this losing streak.

Topic #30457 | Report this topic

Smith  
Years ago

You have no idea what's going on

Reply #397330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not sure i'd go as far as to say there have been some positives out of the 8 game losing streak, but I think you've made some great comments Bulldog. I struggle to like Weigh simply because his talent isn't well used and his minutes are over generous!

He could be a great player if used better and given more direction. That does relate to coaching obviously. I'd like to see him given a chance under a different coach who is able to adapt plays to use the strength of his players.

Schens has shown some great moments too and if we can string them together the future may not be all that bleak

Reply #397360 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

A maturing, developing Weigh is a positive.

But how much longer will he be in ADL for?

All well and good to say he is developing his game, but if the team doesn't improve its record, all those improvements in his game will just be to the benefit of another club who could get his services.

Reply #397378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Regardless of whether everyone thinks he was sincere in the presser or not, what are our thoughts on him actually sticking around next year?

Reply #397447 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:31 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754