Lakers Big Men Injuries

In the last day or two the Lakers have had Dwight Howard (Shoulder - 1 week or so), Pau Gasol (Concussion - Indefinite) and Jordan Hill all fo down with injury,

That leaves potentially Antawn Jamison and Robert Sacre to start. Wow.

Would the Lakers consider starting Jodie Meeks at the 2 Gurd position, play Kobe at the 3, World Peace at the 4 and Sacre at the 5 with Jamison, Morris and Ebanks pinch hittong off the bench?

The Lakers have a REALLY tough next 6 games. @ Houston, @ San Antonio, vs OKC, vs Cleveland, vs Milwaukee and vs Miami.
The Lakers could potentially go 0-6 in the next 6, and have the losing streak continue to like 9-10 games or more......

Not good signs.

Topic #30466 | Report this topic

Ingles13  
Years ago

More chance for Kobe to shoot 40 times and chase that scoring record

Reply #397515 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

Small ball may help their run and gun offence. Their D couldn't get much worse!

Perhaps it's time to bring back Kwame!!

Reply #397516 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

More excuses for lakers to drop lower on the table

Reply #397523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe for MVP!

No it's his chance to shine and show he is the greatest NBA player of all time.

Fuck you ingles you loser.

Reply #397527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah that's ingles or you biggest tosser on this site.

The thread is about lakers losing their big men and the impact. Go Kobe hate elsewhere moron. No one likes you on here.

He's a Chris Paul douche that raves on that Kobe throws up bricks but neglects to mention that Kobe currently is shooting a higher field goal and three point percentage.

Answer this ingles, if Kobe's such a brick shooter, shouldn't Paul be shooting higher percentages?

Smith - are you stupid? Any team loses three bigs, especially the likes of Howard and Gasol, then that's a pretty legitimate excuse. Any team loses two of their starting five on a road trip against some good teams then chances are they'll lose. That comment puts you up there with dumb@ss comments that ingles makes.

Reply #397528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah that's ingles or you biggest tosser on this site.

The thread is about lakers losing their big men and the impact. Go Kobe hate elsewhere moron. No one likes you on here.

He's a Chris Paul douche that raves on that Kobe throws up bricks but neglects to mention that Kobe currently is shooting a higher field goal and three point percentage.

Answer this ingles, if Kobe's such a brick shooter, shouldn't Paul be shooting higher percentages?

Smith - are you stupid? Any team loses three bigs, especially the likes of Howard and Gasol, then that's a pretty legitimate excuse. Any team loses two of their starting five on a road trip against some good teams then chances are they'll lose. That comment puts you up there with dumb@ss comments that ingles makes.

Reply #397529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As for the original post, I like the lakers when they play Meeks at the 2 and Kobe at the 3. Throw hill and howard in there and it's a good mix. Meeks pushes the ball and attacks the rim, his only problem is the decision making once he gets there.

I think the lakers will start nash, Kobe, jetta, Jamison and sacre. Unfortunately defensively they'll struggle and you hope they can fire as a group offensively. What's the over for this game?

Tough stretch coming up that's for sure. With injuries and a possible trade, I'm certainly looking forward to the lakers having a month of stability.

Reply #397531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love it Ingles, keep it up.

You Kobe fanboys are hilarious.

Reply #397532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's either ingles posting anon to have someone actually like him.

Or just another douche that likes a guy that posts comments with no facts or figures behind them.

Reply #397535 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

I really wouldn't start Meeks. Who will guard Harden then? Kobe is literally the only guy tonight, so you don't want him getting worn out by Harden. I'd start Darius Morris at PG to guard Harden.

Reply #397536 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

I reckon Morris is the guy to start in the postseason as well, guarding the Westbrook's, Parker's, Paul's. Btw, I forgot Nash is still playing, so start Morris at 2.

Reply #397538 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Kobe is still an amazing scorer, but he is returning to his old ways of not trusting his team mates....which is probably fair with Pau/Howard out. They won't be making the playoffs in the West if they can't figure it all out in the next 10 games or so.

Reply #397541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Morris is a solid defender compared to Nash and Meeks.

Do you think theyll try metta on harden first? Or even use ebanks?

Reply #397542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Morris is a solid defender compared to Nash and Meeks.

Do you think theyll try metta on harden first? Or even use ebanks?

Reply #397543 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Harden doesn't really play near the post, so Metta won't really be able to enforce his strength on him. Then again, Harden likes to put his body on you when he's on the move. Tough to say, but I think it will be Morris, with his foot speed. They might still want Metta off the bench, because he's the only one who can make plays in that bench team. They will probably take turns.

Reply #397546 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Ebanks (if he plays) should be used on Parsons because of length I reckon.

Reply #397547 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

The only positive here is that Jamison will finally get back in the rotation with the minutes he deserves.

Reply #397549 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Having Pau on my Fantasy team has been a nightmare this year. Hoping he gets cleared of the concussion sooner rather than later and finally goes back to the post where he belongs. Playing outside is ruining his game.

Reply #397551 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Jamison gives up as many points as he gets, and that's on a god shooting night.

Reply #397552 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Asik will dominate, I don't know who the Lakers have that will keep him off the boards.

Reply #397555 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Jamison should def be in the rotation. Don't know why he has been anchored to the bench really. The game a few weeks ago against Denver when he dropped about 30 shows he should be the main scorer off the bench with Meeks in my opinion.
But that was Bickerstaff coaching, and he actually knows about coaching unlike the Pringle man.

Reply #397562 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Haha pringle man, I like it. Btw, do we want to guess how many shots and points Kobe will put up tonight?

Reply #397567 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

I'm gonna say 45 points and 40 shots approx

Reply #397568 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

40 points on 30 shots.

Reply #397570 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

42 points on 37 shots an lose by 20 because The best shooting guard in the league (JAMES HARDEN) will tear a new hole in the lakers defense

Reply #397583 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

sigh 20 days until school goes back..

Reply #397592 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

You really know how to make people not like you, don't you Ingles

Reply #397600 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

> people asked for predictions
> I gave my predictions
> spursfan gets buthurt because of my prediction
> takes it personal
> lol

Reply #397605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah ingles you're a dck.

People on here have good convos and debates. You're just an idiot about it.

Lakers down 1 with touch under 5 go in the 2nd

Metta of to good start 10 pts, 3 re 2 stls

Reply #397606 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Don't see how I'm an idiot when giving my prediction.

The Lakers looking ALOT better when Kobe doesn't shoot much and lets the POINT GUARD, Steve Nash handle the ball and make plays. No surprise here

Reply #397607 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

Sacre and Clark both playing decent ball.

Reply #397611 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Yeah Sacre has impressed. He's definitely worthy of a few minutes here and there but nothing major. Looks to have a decent mid jumper/floater like a lot of Euro bigs have.

Reply #397614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What ingles? You said Kobe would be jacking up the ball.

That's why you're a dck though. Every thing is about Kobe bashing. It's lame. He's won the lakers plenty of games but you don't mention that.

Lakers up 5 with 8 to go in the third. Metta having a great game.

Reply #397622 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

MWP has been great - 3 pfs though.

Reply #397624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rockets taking control now. Bummer! Lakers gave it a bit of a shake up though.

Was always gonna be tough. Gets tougher tomorrow in San Antonio on a back to back.

Reply #397627 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Then OKC on Saturday.

Reply #397628 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

In my mind, Jeremy Lin is actually an underrated player, believe it or not.

Reply #397636 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Best shooting guard in the league: 11-19 FG, 8-8 FT, 9 assists, 6 rebounds, 31 points in a win

Kobe Bryant: 8-22 FG, 2-2FT, -15 plus/minus, 7 assists, 5 reabounds, 20 points, 5 Turnovers in a loss.

In case you already didn't get the memo, James Harden is the best shooting guard in the league.

Reply #397639 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Ingles you do know Kobe is the 5th all time leading scorer EVER and has 5 rings don't you. As well as leading the league in scoring this year at 30+ years of age?

I don't want facts to get in the way of your hating Kobe but wtf has James Harden done to overtake that?

If a good 30 odd games this season betters that then I guess I shouldn't follow basketball any more. Next you will say that Asik is the best centre in the game.

Reply #397644 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Honestly, I would just give up on replying to Ingles' posts. He just keeps coming back at you with statistics that everyone is aware of and he proceeds to repeat himself day in day out. His debates are just superficial and worthless. I found that out the other day.

Reply #397645 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

I agree Spursfan, Lin has been good this year and is being underrated by all those who are still caught up in the Linsanity saga. He is playing a different role for the Rockets than he did for the Knicks and is growing into it as the season wears on. (He has no business being as close as he is to an all star spot though!)

Harden turned in what has become a pretty normal performance by his standards. Every time he plays I just expect he is going for 25+ points to go with at least 5 rebounds and 5 assists.

This was always going to be a tough one for the Lakers irrespective of the injuries. The Rockets fast paced game is a bad matchup for them.

Reply #397648 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Lol @ you living in the past. I don't care about Shaq carrying kobe to rings 10+ years ago. James Harden is CLEARLY the best shooting guard in the league and it become so evident in todays game, that if you think otherwise then I'm just gonna take it as you trolling.

My FACTS > your fanboy opinions

Reply #397649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is harden better ingles when he aveages less points at a lower %?

Do u actually know anything at basketball? When you have two starters out like Howard and Gasol plus your sixth man (all bigs) do you realise that you can gamble defensively? Cheat, hedge, double team, triple team etc.....

How do you think harden (and the rockets) would have gone without asik, parsons and delfinos input today and the lakers had their three players in??? You seriously are a brain dead moron.

So of course it will be harder to score for Kobe.

Do u actually know anything about basketball?

Pretty funny how the best shooting guard (in your opinion) averages less points and rebounds than Kobe plus shoots a lower field goal %. Please explain how that makes harden better. Oh and defensively Kobe has a better rating than harden. Explain that moron without just repeating today's stats.

As much as you hate Kobe, he is liked internationally, is rich and a star. You're just hated by every one on here, that's it!

Reply #397654 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Okay, I'm going against what I said (re:replying to Ingles), but just once. Ingles, this is the perfect chance to use your -- and I'm quoting you here -- KNOWLEDGE to good use and tell us why Harden is better than Kobe.

Please incorporate the following:

-Real facts/statistics (go in depth)
-Analysis of the facts
-A neutral tone. A neutral tone is what works in a rational debate. If you want people to believe what you say, you need to say it in a totally neutral way (not demeaning others or big-noting yourself).

Without disrespecting you kid, I'm actually teaching you a bit about how to conduct yourself as a decent and likeable person (on a site like this at least). Seeing as you are on here all day, I'm pretty sure you would have time to put together a rational argument for us.

Reply #397655 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

fanboy? Sorry I am a Bulls supporter so I would think that would make me the opposite.

Shaq carrying kobe to rings 10+ years ago

Um 2009 and 2010 were only 3 and 4 years ago...No Shaq either.

Reply #397657 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Harden also has less talent around him and more possessions in a game, which is a chance to bulk both his offensive and defensive stats.

Reply #397659 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Kobe has taken more than 150 more shots this season than Harden and averages like 2 points better? LOL

Harden averages more assists and has a much much lower usage rate than the great one.
Harden makes his teammates better. Harden doesn't freeze his teammates out for 20 seconds before passing to Duhon who is forced to chuck up a contested shot like Kobe does.

Harden doesn't have 2 separate defensive player of the year players on his team in Howard and Metta. he also doesn't have one of the greatest Europeans of all time anchoring the middle. Oh and lets not mention the guy who made the Lakers look REALLY GOOD today running the point, a 2 time MVP: Steve Nash.

With all of this said, Kobe Bryant is leading this team to an absolutely shocking record of 15-19 when most EXPERTS and FANS predicted them to be the #1 seed in the West and romp in the playoffs. It's amazing.

Harden is CARRYING a team predicted to be a bottom 3 seed before the trade, a bottom 5 seed after the trade, by just about everyone to a very very respectable record at 21-14. Not one other rockets starter besides MAYBE Parson could start on the Lakers.

And lol @ the dude that said Asik had a big impact today. I watched every second and his impact wasn't really that big. Delfino had a good game but nowhere near as good as Nash or Metta's first half.

With all that being said, I still don't see how you guys are arguing that Kobe is STILL a BETTER PLAYER than James Harden.

Reply #397662 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Also, Spursfan, weren't you the dude that homophobically slurred a user on here when they replied to one of your threads. LOL @ thinking you can someone to a be a decent and likeable person.

Reply #397663 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Ingles, you just keep repeating yourself, don't you...
What you say is worthless. Also, the least you could've done is use a neutral tone...
Your kind are the reason why Gen Y gets a bad rap. I wouldn't even double take if you were actually a Gen Z kid, your writing is just lifeless. You actually come across as one of those people who just aren't cluey/bright/quick-witted.

If I were to guess, you'd probably look a bit like this kid, but a little younger:

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicagos-real-law-blog/files/2012/07/teenagers-624x461.jpg

Build up some stats, look at some game tape and get back to us when you're mature enough to debate with people on this site.

Reply #397667 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

lol, You know I'm right about this so you resort to more (false) personal attacks. I don't think I'll ever be able to educate the Kobetards on this planet

Reply #397672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simply put than ingles -
Do you think Kobe is/has been a great player?
Do you think he is one of the best to ever play the game?

Reply #397675 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

ONE of the greates. But he is hysterically overrated right now. Especially this season. Harden is the top dog at SG right now.

If you look at the top 15 scorers right now in the league, only 2 are not currently in the playoff picture. Kobe Bryant and Kyrie Irving. Now we all know how bad Kyrie's team is. As for Kobe....?
15-19 just does not cut it

Reply #397677 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

The Lakers' problems atm are not with Kobe. You could make the argument that, as the leader, they are partly his responsibility to fix, but he has been brilliant.

Reply #397681 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

34 games into an 82 game season. Why don't you wait until the season is up before you make crazy comments?

Reply #397683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're lolling at your own dumb comment tard. He's averaging more points at a lower percentage. I know if my job was to shoot the ball I'd be happy scoring more at a higher percentage. Don't you get that? If Kobe throws up bricks, how come harden cant shoot a higher percentage? You circle this question constantly. Answer it?

Kobe just has to be on the court to help his team mates. Defenses respect Kobe far more than harden. Theyll double kobe before harden. Find this stat out. Shooting %'s between the two on single coverage. I think Kobe would smash it in!

What years did Kobe make all defense first team? Look at the players he had on his team when he's won them. No defensive players of the year then moron. Wow u know jack sht. Only what bayless, smith and Broussard tell you. Also you're referring to the past with artest winning that award. You don't mind referring to the past when it suits you

Speak to me when harden makes as many NBA first teams and all defensive teAms - ain't gonna happen.

The lakers have had a very unsettled team for the year and yes they're underachieving but how you blame Kobe for it all shows you don't know sht. They've been around the mark with most games. Once they get stability and gel, they'll get some results.

The mere fact that you are debating about a player coming of age compared to one in his twilight years shows how good a player Kobe is. Not many people his age could be doing and won't be doing what he is now.

You do realise a big body can be an influence on a game without packing the stats? Especially against a small team. Oh that's right you only know what to say once you see it on espn.

Reply #397687 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

1. get a username so I can identify you instead of skimming an anon post

2. come back to me when the lakers have a record as good as the rockets, heck i'll be impressed with a .500 record

3. kobe shoots a higher FG%, but Harden shoots a higher 3PT % and FT%. He also has a higher EFG% and TS% due to him getting to the line at a high rate and converting. Kobe also has a much higher Usage rare leading to a skewed PPG.

Reply #397689 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

The lakers looked great today when Nash was running the show. Were terrible when he was out. Guess that's the effect of a pass-first offensive threat that gets his teammates open.

Reply #397690 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

The previous game the Lakers played @ Houston

Harden 3-19 FG @ 15% 15 points <-- Best SG?!
Kobe 14-31 FG @ 45% 39 points

Reply #397691 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Kobe this year 30.5 ppg @ .481%
Harden this year 26.4 ppg @ .449%

Kobe career :
1194 games 36.6 min/gm 25.5 ppg @ .454 %

Harden career :
253 games 28.2 min/gm 14.5 ppg @ .445 %

Whilst Harden is having a break out year THIS year, he is still scoring less, and at a worse percentage than Kobe THIS year, and for his CAREER.

Reply #397692 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

kobe shoots a higher FG%, but Harden shoots a higher 3PT % and FT%.

hmm
Kobe .359 3pt% .847% FT
Harden .361 3pt% .859% FT

Thats a pretty lame comparison when you look at the actual difference.

Reply #397695 | Report this post

Moron > Ingles13  
Years ago

Ok there's my username.

You still didn't mention all the awesome defenders Kobe had when he won his earlier all defensive spots?

Hahaha 15% wow that's efficient!

Lakers healthy will get to the playoffs. I tell you what, no team would want them first round either.

Reply #397697 | Report this post

Moron > Ingles13  
Years ago

Ok there's my username.

You still didn't mention all the awesome defenders Kobe had when he won his earlier all defensive spots?

Hahaha 15% wow that's efficient!

Lakers healthy will get to the playoffs. I tell you what, no team would want them first round either.

Reply #397698 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

lol @ all these lakers fan getting so defensive of their god. I'll bump this in April at the end of the season. I can guarantee you guys that Kobe will have a very inefficient slump while losing more games for the lakers.

Will the lakers even make the playoffs?

Reply #397708 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Ingles I go for Chicago and really dislike the Lakers, but I love hoops and respect great players.

Everytime someone states facts, you come back with "all the Kobetards, or all the Laker fans".

Some of us come onto this site to actually debate certain topics, not just bag people for having a different opinion.

Reply #397711 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

People that love hoops (like me and you) will respect the greatness that is emerging from James Harden game in and game out. I've never seen a player that makes the eurostep look so easy and effective than James Harden.

Reply #397713 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Manu Ginobli??

Ingles you just take this too far. Don't group me in with you, I can have a level headed discussion, and even be wrong!

Reply #397719 | Report this post

Moron > Ingles13  
Years ago

Yeah but to compare him to Kobe is crazy. He needs the eurostep cause he can't get at the rim over people. Check early footage of Kobe getting the rim. Some crazy moves.

This is what you don't get ingles. How many people are on here saying negative things about harden. Saying hes sht and his fans are hartards? None. You bring the debates down.

Debates are great about the teams and sport we love. It's great to hear others opinions and although disagree, respect them for that. You do it the wrong way, being negative, smug and you come across as a bit of w@nker to be honest.

No one will respect you on here until you lift your game.

Reply #397720 | Report this post

Moron > Ingles13  
Years ago

Yeah but to compare him to Kobe is crazy. He needs the eurostep cause he can't get at the rim over people. Check early footage of Kobe getting the rim. Some crazy moves.

This is what you don't get ingles. How many people are on here saying negative things about harden. Saying hes sht and his fans are hartards? None. You bring the debates down.

Debates are great about the teams and sport we love. It's great to hear others opinions and although disagree, respect them for that. You do it the wrong way, being negative, smug and you come across as a bit of w@nker to be honest.

No one will respect you on here until you lift your game.

Reply #397721 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Ginobili does it good but Harden is more effective IMO.

I'll bring this debate up at the end of the season. We'll see what happens.

Reply #397722 | Report this post

Moron > Ingles13  
Years ago

Easy to sit there and say lakers won't win it this year. Such a predictable statement from a person who has no clue.

Reply #397734 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Not really considering the lakers and heat were both heavy favourites but the bookies forgot just how much of a chemistry killer kb24 is

Reply #397741 | Report this post

Moron > Ingles13  
Years ago

Hahaha chemistry killer that's won how many championships?

Bet you didn't say it from season start cause your boys skip, smith and Broussard didn't.

I wait for the day that you actually add some value. Ive read your other posts and you seriously are a w@nker. Do u actually have friends? I mean real living friends. Couldn't imagine anyone that would want to hang out with you.

Reply #397743 | Report this post

Moron > Ingles13  
Years ago

Wow lakers paying $8 tomorrow. Don't think I've ever seen that!

Reply #397747 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Because the spurs are a better team with more chemistry and unselfish leaders

Reply #397752 | Report this post

KB 5 JH 0  
Years ago

Um cause the lakers have three out, on the road and back to back. That's why it's $8 douche.

You really don't have friends do you

Reply #397755 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

They were $11.50 last night/this morning. Spurs 11+ is paying nicely though.

Reply #397756 | Report this post

KB 5 JH 0  
Years ago

Yeah logic says lakers will get beaten by 11+

I do have two spurs in my fantasy team though!

Reply #397758 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Hey what do you reckon guys, I think the reason Ingles can't provide us with any meritable information is because he actually doesn't know that much.

Reply #397764 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

FACT: James Harden helps his team win more games than kobe bryant

Reply #397769 | Report this post

KB 5 JH 0  
Years ago

Did you read on another post he actually said he loves educating people about basketball hahahaha

I'm actually starting to think he's quite smart and just trying to get under peoples skin. Either that or he's special cause his comments are that retarded.

I'm hoping like hell the lakers get into the playoffs and first round match up against the clips. Won't be as easy as ingles thinks.

Reply #397771 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

If you want facts, here's one...
Boost your attitude and communication skills, because no one in their right mind would want to employ you. Honest question, what are your employment prospects do you think? Another question, what do you want to do for a living, Ingles?

Reply #397773 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

I agree, if the Lakers make the playoffs from here, that means they will have figured something out. And when that happens, won't be great for their opposition.

Reply #397774 | Report this post

KB 5 JH 0  
Years ago

Surely he wants to work for espn. Could you not picture him up there with skip bay less?

Reply #397775 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

In his early days at least, Skip Bayless had journalistic merit.

Can you see Ingles having journalistic merit?

Reply #397777 | Report this post

KB 5 JH 0  
Years ago

Yeah true I just bought two guys, stupid comments

That's my point if the lakers make the playoffs (I actually think they will scrape in) no top 4 team would want go play them first round. As you said they'd prob have their sht together then. Gonna be interesting. Still thinking thunder but spurs are hanging around. Miami can't be denied either.

Reply #397779 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

As bad as it sounds, pringle man Mike needs to go. He clearly does not have the defensive capability to get the job done. Quite simply, the best shots are those closer to the rim (apart from open three pointers, statistically) they need to lock down that area. Last season, OKC almost went all the way by predominantly being a jumpshooting team, but it's pretty rare. Goodluck jumpshooting your way to a championship, Lakers.

Reply #397786 | Report this post

KB 5 JH 0  
Years ago

Offense is their problem. They scores over 110 today without Howard, Gasol and hill. It's defense. They really need a defensive wingman than can score at the rim. They need to trade Gasol for that type player.

Reply #397788 | Report this post

KB 5 JH 0  
Years ago

Offense is their problem. They scores over 110 today without Howard, Gasol and hill. It's defense. They really need a defensive wingman than can score at the rim. They need to trade Gasol for that type player.

Reply #397789 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

I disagree. They have the floor spread with guys like kobe, nash, gasol in the starting lineup; then world peace, meeks, Blake (to some extent) and duhon (to some extent) in the other lineups. Jordan Hill is also not shy to fire from 18 feet. They have pick and roll play in nash and everyone else on the team, they have a guy who can run off picks and score in kobe, high low play with gasol - a skillful and willing passer, a couple of skilled dump it down and clear the floor kind of guys in gasol and Howard (metta and kobe can play on the block as well), spot up shooters (providing they knock down - at least they are better in that regard than last season), They have interior and perimeter passing in gasol, nash and kobe, and last of all, they have a guy in kobe who can get his own shot, late in the clock. They also have individuals with a high basketball IQ (apparently, hard to quantify that term). And that's an offense really. Paraphrasing from a commentator, forget which one: They are a team built for offense.

Reply #397798 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

They need a point guard who can defend, first and foremost. Possessions start with the PG and nash just lets the opposing PG do whatever he likes. There is never any real pressure applied to nash's man. A whole offense can be shot if the PG can't get to the right place on the floor to start the possession. Just look at the Wildcats for instance. difficult to execute a whole play under that kind of pressure.

Reply #397799 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Disrupting the pick and roll is if absolute highest priority for the good defensive teams in the NBA.

Reply #397800 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

*of absolute highest priority

Reply #397801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles, firstly you are the biggest dick I've ever come across on this forum and I don't even like Kobe.

Isaac just ban this loser from any input into this forum.

You remind me of a guy who used to post here a year or two ago and just like you, this loser used to piss me off big time with his Laker/Kobe bashing I bet it's you....

Quagmire!

Reply #397802 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Don't get me wrong though, another Metta (without the occasional brain explosion) would be a godsend for that team.

Reply #397803 | Report this post

KB 5 JH 0  
Years ago

I was thinking more a iggy or Josh smith.

I lke a line up of

PG Nash
SG Bryant
SF Iggy or Smith
PF Hill
C Howard

Chances of getting either are not good. Maybe Gasol for Gay?

Reply #397808 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Both Iggy and Smith have massive backing of their respective teams. I Wouldn't go with Gay because they give up a big when they just can't. Other than Howard, Pau and Hill, they have nothing up front. Gay is too small, they need a big guy in the Pau trade. It would be nice to have another defensive wingman, but you're asking too much for another guy alongside Metta and Kobe.

Reply #397809 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

What would be really cool is say:

Gasol, Duhon, Jamison shitloads of money/picks

for

Smith, Ivan Johnson, Korver

This is ridiculous and wouldn't at all happen, but still cool.

Reply #397810 | Report this post

KB 5 JH 0  
Years ago

Yeah plus they're talking gay to the suns

Birdman to heat

Kenyon Martin to lakers

Reply #397812 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

lol @ an anon getting butthurt over someone voicing their opinions on a basketball forum.

In terms of the lakers, Gasol ain't gonna net much after his poor start. I highly doubt Denver part way with Iggy as he fits them well, even though his start there has been a bit shaky at times. Smith from Hawks maybe, but I still think you need more than Gasol to get him.

The offense looked great in Steve's hands. It really is a joy watching him make players better. He made Jamison look like a good pick n roll big man. For years he made Channing f**king Frye and Robin Fropez a threat, both are very very average players. Give Nash, Howard and Gasol a few games together and I'm pretty scared of what those 3 can do.

As much as Kobe wants to dominate the ball, he has to learn to play off ball, where he can be super effective. The commentators from today's game (or maybe it was the clippers game) were talking about his teen years in Italy where he learnt to play off the ball and how happy he was playing with Nash. Kobe and Meeks off ball can be pretty effective as Nash is really good at driving and drawing a second defender, giving either an easy look to the big man going to the hoop, or a shooter on the opposite wing.

Metta has to improve his shot selection. He's had some good games recently, but his shot selection is UGLY.

Reply #397816 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Gay would suit the lakers, but another Gasol to Memphis would create a logjam in the bigs and I can't see them using Pau off the bench.

Reply #397818 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Raptors are interested in Gay as well.

Reply #397820 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Ingles, don't use the word buthurt, you don't even use it in the right context.

Anyway, what do you think is the Lakers biggest problem/what trade should they make if they want to get dramatically better?

Reply #397824 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Biggest problem is chemistry. They have all the pieces. Good guards. Good big men. Bunch of shooters/role players off bench (Meeks/Jamison/Morris/Hill is an OK bench considering how stacked their starting 5 is). They need to play a bit more Ebanks, as he is a pretty decent slasher and. When Pau gets healthy and his confidence back, they'll be good. If pau can't, and Dwight continues to be immature/not playing to his best, then it won't be a long postseason for the lakeshow.

Don't necessarily think a trade is in order. Apparently Memphis are looking at Randolph trades but he doesn't suit the lakers at all. If they can steal gay for Gasol straight up then I'd do it, but I still don't think they can win under D'antoni. What is the average PPG they are giving up? It's gotta be > 105.

Reply #397829 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

PPG under D'antoni*

Reply #397830 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Don't know, look it up. Thank you for your placidity, Ingles from 12 hours ago would bite on my statement above and be a jerk. Maybe you're tired.
So you think there is no problem with point guard defense? What about guys named Westbrook, Parker, Curry, Paul.

Also, what happens to the Lakers frontcourt if they get Gay for Pau?

Reply #397835 | Report this post

KB 5 JH 0  
Years ago

Yeah but in the right team Gasol can still be really effective. I know not for iggy as he does fit denvers style. Nor do I think hawks will do a trade. What about a deal that involves Wallace for Gasol although nets are thin at small forward.

When Nash has been back the offense has gone through him. Offense isn't the issue, it's defense. They score 112 and lose. Not good enough. They are lazy and make basic rotation errors.

Nah Memphis wouldn't use him off the bench.

Maybe keep Gasol in case Howard leaves,

Reply #397837 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Yeah but they knew the west was full of great offensive PG's before they picked up Nash, so they must of had the intent to play either Morris or Kobe on them in big games. I'm not sure if trading Nash is an option. probably not.

If I was the lakers, I'd keep Pau. I know a shitload of lakers fans want him gone because of his poor start but this guy can be real threat when he's 100% and confident. Not only that, but he's a good chemistry guy and has played with kobe for 5 years. They trust each other. Just gotta wait and build that chemistry

Reply #397839 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

No they definitely keep Nash. They have to put emphasis on the definition of PG and SG though. Kobe plays off-ball for the most part and Nash runs the show. That's how it has to be. I would probably keep Pau as well. As much as trading guys is exciting, the amount of close range shots you can get with Howard and Gasol playing together is incredible. If they were to trade Pau for G Wallace, same deal as the Gay trade (although Wallace plays bigger and stronger than Gay). Apart from Howard and Hill (whose contributions are questionable going up against opponent's starting lineups), they have a small/soft frontcourt. Won't win you championships.

The best thing that can happen to the Lakers apart from the chemistry and effort is for Morris to develop his outside shot. This won't make him such an offensive liability if he starts. Because damn, they badly need to lock down on the perimeter.

Reply #397840 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Btw, there is no way a good coach will put his best scorer on the opposition star. If Kobe's on either one of those aforementioned PG's, then he's too tired to produce on the other end... He's old don't forget.

Reply #397846 | Report this post

KB 5 JH 0  
Years ago

I like Morris he's an ok defender and he can shoot, just needs to find some consistency with it.

I like Gasol for sure but if he going to be on the perimeter he's being wasted. Get him on the blocks where he can use those skills, including passing, and be a real threat.

As I said he's also insurance in case Howard doesn't sign. If Howard doesn't, what do you think the lakers chance of getting Love will be. I'm sure he'd love to be a Laker!

They will have money to spend in couple years. Lebron?

Reply #397869 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:51 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754