Jye
Years ago

No T.V ads for the NBL?

so has anyone actually seen a television commercial for anything to do with the NBL this season?
because i haven't seen one all season.
i remember seeing them one OneHD a while back, but i havnt seen any all season, you would think putting some ads on OneHD for "friday night NBL" would help alot, but i dont know.

Topic #30476 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ive seen quite a few tbh especially for this weekends game actually.

Reply #397827 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Nope - none. Admittedly I don't watch an awful lot on One, but then again I don't have foxtel either and the one time I had a chance to see some foxtel (in a hotel while on holiday) and within the first minute I saw an ad promoting the a-league. I left it on a bit longer, and then another a-league ad appeared!

I saw more a-league ads in 20 minutes of foxtel exposure compared to no NBL ads from watching One over the current season - which was more than 20 minutes!

Would love to see One or 10 at least try to show some interest and help the coverage - which they pay for!

Reply #397849 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I'm curious to know how Ten will treat basketball should it be successful at winning the broadcast rights to cricket.

I'm too young to recollect a summer of watching Australia play cricket on anything but Chanel 9. (error intended).

Reply #397851 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I have seen a few ads during NFL games,

Reply #397868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big Ads, should Ten get the cricket, perhaps we could look forward to Carfino's ball-by-ball commentary? :)

Reply #397884 | Report this post

nath  
Years ago

imagine carfino calling the cricket "He bowls it in rhythm" "he hits it in rhythm" "he fields it in rhythm....."

Reply #397907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah, no kidding.

Reply #397921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carfino, lol.

"Siddle comes in to bowl, turns the corner"

Reply #397936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

User friendly bounce on that bowling....

Reply #397949 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Why does a thread about TV coverage always get derailed when someone mentions Carfino!? :)

I agree with just about everyone else and I think Carfino is the worst commentator Ive heard, but the OP was about NBL TV ads - not Carfino!

Reply #397963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah, no kidding.

Reply #397964 | Report this post

Jye  
Years ago

if they had a few ads during the week for the friday night NBL, i bet alot more people would watch it, and get into basketball

Reply #398016 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:36 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754