Daveo
Years ago

Hawks v Taipans Friday 11th Jan

Taipans travel down to the Gong for a game between two sides that are struggling at the moment, with both teams 1-4 over their last 5 games.

Last time they met was Cairns last win all the way back on December 2nd, 76-66.
Wollongong may have Davidson back but if so it would likely be limited minutes. Hawks also still without Coenraad and possibly Jackson (NBL injury list hasn't been updated since 3/1), while Cairns have Shaun Bruce (who had a breakout game as far as DP's go last time these teams played) playing instead of Rychart.

As much as Hawks should win this game the way Cairns are playing, I think Taipans will get up by 5.

Topic #30490 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

see the taipans got a guard of honour send off at the airport yesterday from their fans. They'll probably get a ticker tape parade, keys to the city, civic reception, 21-gun salute on their return if they keep the losing margin to single digits tonight.

Reply #398086 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

taipans by 3

Reply #398088 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Coenraad played last game. Davidson expected back.

Hawks might have lost a few recently, but I don't know that they're struggling as they've all been very close and competitive. Being without Davidson is a serious out - not like they could afford to bring in Dunigan as Perth did.

Reply #398092 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I agree with Isaac, the Hawks have remained competitive throughout and will be much stronger with Davidson back. I want the Taipans to notch a win but I think that the way Rhys Martin has been playing lately and with their lineup back to normal the Taipans may have to wait another week.

Reply #398096 | Report this post

Stuntcock  
Years ago

2hard2pass needs to get it to rhys martin more often.

Reply #398161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rhys Martin may of done his knee! It buckled when he went up for a lay up and fouled by Shaun Bruce

Reply #398168 | Report this post

GTS  
Years ago

NIce win to the Taipans Nice shooting Grabau

Reply #398178 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

And with this result, Adelaide is dead last...

Reply #398188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gordie McLeod is lucky he doesnt coach Adelaide. The club has only made the playoffs once in the past six seasons and they have now lost six of their past seven and are repeating the 'choke' of 2011!! New imports! New coach!

Reply #398195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A bad night for Hawks, lst a game they had won and may have lost two players to ACLs?

Reply #398196 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hoping Sav spares an apology to teammates and fans. Very bad timing. Grabau would've had eight points in a couple of seconds?

Reply #398204 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Gordie is clearly a quality coach, grand final series three times working with low budget team and always very competitive. Love him in Adelaide.

Reply #398221 | Report this post

Daveo  
Years ago

37-17 fourth quarter and OT plus 94 for the game is pretty good for cairns since they usually struggle to score over 10 points a quarter..

Reply #398223 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Cairns have a much higher winning ratio in high scoring games, they just cant figure out how to do it consistently!

Reply #398225 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Who was it that played tonight? Where have the flat, lethargic Taipans that I've been watching all this season gone? Sensational. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight ;-)

They looked a lot more alive with Steindl benched and Dusty Rychart absent, and Aaron Fearne managed not to do his usual trick of taking off anyone who starts to get on a winning streak.

And I said it last week and I'll say it again now: Grabau is classy.

Reply #398226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Gordie had Adelaide's roster they wouldn't be near bottom they would be challenging NZ and Perth. Anyone calling for his head obviously doesn't know much about basketball.

Reply #398234 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You'll note that the person griping about Gordie was too ashamed to even put an alias to the post.

3 OT games and a loss by two.

Would've had this but for Sav's tech.

Reply #398238 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I dont think anybody was griping about Gordie somehow.

Reply #398243 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

no shame in losing to Fearne, great Coach

Reply #398244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope Sav learnt his lesson tonight. The guy complains about everything!

At least he has something to complain about now

Reply #398251 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Larry didn't look angry at all. Should get the doc to check him.

Reply #398254 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Haha!! Gee he's a good player, incredibly valuable to the Hawks. If you were doing a top 15 in the league youd be silly to leave him out ;-)

Reply #398256 | Report this post

NEWMAN  
Years ago

Supposedly in the press conference Grabau said Saville didnt foul him on that "play"

possible chinese whispers, would need to hear the full audio.

Reply #398270 | Report this post

Deeks  
Years ago

That 4th Qtr was pretty awesome. Love how Carfino and Joyce constantly refer to Grabau as a non shooter when the guy hit 45% from deep last season and is now going at 55% this season lol.

Reply #398271 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

^ that's because Carfino's a moron who knows very little about the nbl

Reply #398278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah, no kidding.

Reply #398280 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

j0yce was making me angry with his calling. Bagging Taipans players, talking when he and gordie coached with the boomers. At one point when he grabau hit a three with a man in his face, he said it was only due to his defender being sucked into the paint with Trigger who was a good 5 meters away.

Reply #398307 | Report this post

x  
Years ago

That refereeing was an inconsistent joke last night. I didn't really care who won but Wollongong (Demos in particular) have a right to feel hard done by.

Reply #398338 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Yeah, Joyce is an absolute *beep* of a commentator. Yelling out "Woah! when players dived on loose balls was one of the worst pieces of game-calling I've heard. He's generally just way too abrupt.

Reply #398368 | Report this post

howto  
Years ago

Carfino had a Brick Tamland moment (the guy from Anchorman) last night. Wilson made a spin move and Carfino said *quote* 'I like spin move'. I hope the blue bus was ready to collect him after the game.

Reply #398407 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:24 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754