DJ
Years ago

Serbia & Montenegro dft Australia

Box Score (pdf format).

Boomers shot a dismal percentage 38% from the field.

Brett Maher had a good game, equal top scorer with 13 points with Bogut. Maher didnt miss a shot.

Boomers were actualy leading after the 1st quarter and also won the last quarter, but were killed in the second 30-10.

No errors from the Fiba Buzzer today, all worked fine.

Cheers, DJ

Topic #305 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Australia 61, S&M 79. Spanked!

Australia were 43% from inside and 32% outside. Serbia and Montenegro were 71% and 38%. The Boomers went to the line only 7 times and made two free throws!

Foul count was even. Beaten on the boards 26-22. Biggest lead held by the opposition was 25!

Quarter by quarter:
15-13
10-30
18-21
18-15

Maher and Bogut had 13, Cattalini 9. Heal? 3 points.

Popovic led Serbia with 10.

Bogut played 30 minutes, Saville and Nielsen played 22 or so. Maher only played 15 minutes but was very efficient.

It's great for Bogut but not so wonderful for Australia overall when you have a 19 yo leading your team and few following. Saville had 2 points and 2 rebounds in 23 minutes. 9/12 Boomers attempted a 3-pointer: Maher was 3/3, Cat 3/6 and Smith 2/5. The rest combined for 1/14.

Reply #2339 | Report this post

incognito  
Years ago

Dont serbia have 5 nba players in it and didnt they beat the US to win the world champs???

If thats the case I would say the Aussies would be on track in their preparations.

Reply #2342 | Report this post

Stiffy  
Years ago

Serbia are without stojakovich and divac. Only NBA player I believe was radmanovich.

Reply #2345 | Report this post

Stats  
Years ago

Not stars yet, but there were 3 other NBA players on the S & M Team, which is more than we could claim.

Nenad Kristac - NJ Nets (Rookie)
Alex Pavlovic - Utah (1 year)
Predrag Drobnjak - Clippers
(3 years)

Reply #2346 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

If they had those two players, they would beat the current US team easily. Anyone disagree?

Reply #2383 | Report this post

Billo  
Years ago

Yes, I disagree. That's a crazy comment to make. 3 or 4 up and comers, 1 genuine superstar and one former star who, while still useful, is a shadow of his former self vs AI, Duncan, Jermaine O'Neil and co.

It may be a tight game, S & M may even get up, but there's no way they'd beat them easily. The addition of Duncan to the USA squad for these Olympics is massive, without him I'd say they were no sure thing, but with him I'd be very surpsrised if they didn't take it out.

Reply #2410 | Report this post

#tina#  
Years ago

check this out 4 lots of infos...

http://www.world-of-party.us.ms

Reply #134056 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

*SPAM*

Reply #134058 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:10 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754