Ando
Years ago

Kings chairs today

I thought it was a nice touch by someone today putting a star on the back of Shane Heal's chair plus wrapping another chair in bubble wrap and putting a sign on it reserving it for Madgen at the game today.

Subtle but those of us who sit behind the opposition bench got a chuckle out of it.

Topic #30513 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

We talk about how unprofessional this club is, the bubble wrap chair was an example of that.

Stars have been on chairs for years for some reason.

Reply #398594 | Report this post

Years ago

been rickrolled

Reply #398596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How pathetic!

Reply #398598 | Report this post

x  
Years ago

Loved it!

Reply #398610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terrible form when we have lost eight straight. Could do that when we've won eight straight.

Reply #398617 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Didn't really need a sign, but the bubblewrap should have sufficed.

Reply #398619 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Haters gonna hate

Reply #398634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shane Heal 4 LIFE

Reply #398639 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

very funny, I thought the Croc with the sheep costume was funny also.

Reply #398644 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A new level of hating. These anons cannot be serious. Killjoys!

Reply #398647 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Sort of fun pranks we should see more of.

Reply #398648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It isn't hating, just think it's stupid that a team that can't close out fourth quarters should be talking smack. Win some games first then talk.

I was embarrassed to see my team on a eight game losing streak pulling off stuff like that. People have a crack at me for booing the coaches yet approve bad form like the chair stunt.

Reply #398650 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

We're really getting panties in a bunch over bubble wrap now? I can see how your sensibilities would be offended over such a senseless act...

Besides, we spanked Sydney so we can do what we want.

Reply #398664 | Report this post

ox  
Years ago

i think anonymous posting is stupid

Reply #398665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Ben would have seen the funny side.

Reply #398676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so true ox..

Reply #398679 | Report this post

magnum  
Years ago

Gee thse anons wouldn't want to go to a college game in the states, if bubble wrap offends them. The college fans take it another level.

Reply #398683 | Report this post

Ando  
Years ago

Well wwe saw the funny side. I'm sure if that's the worst thing that can happen to you, your life's pretty sweet.

I did enjoy the bloke on the other side giving Shane a heap. To get him shouting back from the opposite side of the court is well done. Mind you... that bloke is pretty loud... I think I saw Heal putting some ear plugs in to ignore him.

Reply #398700 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It isn't hating, just think it's stupid that a team that can't close out fourth quarters should be talking smack. Win some games first then talk.
Right, because it was Gibson, Johnson and Cadee who prepared the Madgen chair?

Should the Kings mascot have been prevented running gags in past struggling seasons? Or the Slingers were forbidden dancers when they were losing games? Cancel the canteens until the team can win a game?

Reply #398705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ox is that your given name? Registered that on the site have you?

There's no difference between ox and leaving the Name blank other than we can follow comments, but anyone can use ox if they want.

In response to magnum there is a significant difference between the behaviour of fans are the behaviour of the actual club management. Problem in Adelaide is the people making these decisions are nothing more than fans themselves. shouldn't be in the roles they are, or behaving like fans when representing the club and the sport.

Reply #398707 | Report this post

Bucketman  
Years ago

There are always people who want to be the fun police. Don't stress, I'm pretty sure the kings didn't.

Reply #398711 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

@anon #707 so by that you can't or shouldn't be a fan of the game if you are in management? I would want to see passionate people and not robots employed by the club to bring people into the game.

Reply #398716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 707. What a tool.

So club management can't be fans and anybody employed by the club can't be seen to be having fun. Champ go follow politics.

You are exactly hating for hating sake. Do you actually know any of these people or are all your professional expert opinions based on plastic chairs.

Reply #398719 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

look out, it's the fun police!!!

Reply #398724 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

That guy heckling was pretty funny.

Reply #398738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Remember that song by Pink called Funhouse.

Damn her for being so unprofessional.

Reply #398745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is a new level of hate. Sixes finally won a game so lets find something else to hate. It was just a plastic chair FFS

Reply #398746 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I can't help but think Clarke and Radford were somehow tied up with these chair shenanigans.

I've got an inside tip that board has postponed this week's planned ownership talks to discuss the appropriate use of bubble wrap in today's professional sporting environment.

And rightly so - it's about priorities.

Reply #398760 | Report this post

Ando  
Years ago

Isaac "Cancel the canteens until the team can win a game?"

They did with one and a bar on the weekend

Reply #398762 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

My girlfriend is moving house this week.

I've banned her from using bubble-wrap, even for breakable items.

Someone needs to make a god damn stand.

Reply #398780 | Report this post

Years ago

trollololo

Reply #398783 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Pranks like that are embarrassing when we have lost so many games. Also embarrassing was the Sydney introduction music from Play School. If anyone needed schooling, it was the 36ers at that point. Lets gain a reputation of being winners before we belittle other teams.

Reply #398811 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:40 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754