Isaac
Years ago

Schenscher cleared to play this round

From Boti's site:

"I'm a little banged up but nothing serious," Schensch said, confirming he had the medical all-clear to suit against New Zealand this week.

Topic #30520 | Report this topic

Jake  
Years ago

How come Boti has been quite with the Tiser articles? HAs he just returned fromt holiday??

Reply #398778 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Awesome news re: Luke. That fall looked NASTY.

Had a similar fall (getting tunneled) years ago playing social ball in Syd - wound up in the emergency room :S Glad it's nothing serious for Big Red.

Reply #398779 | Report this post

Years ago

could have been a lot worse - i feel happy for the bloke.

Reply #398782 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Jake, it has something to do with a re-structure within News Ltd. Don't know the exact details but I understand we won't see a Boti NBL article in the 'tiser' again this season.

Reply #398787 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Did you trip Loco, you could never get as high as Luke did :-)

Reply #398788 | Report this post

Bucketman  
Years ago

Might need to start a new thread on this one Bigads. I buy the advertiser hoping Boti has written something!! That and the nine letter word. Even my old man will be disappointed if boti doesn't get a gig at the tiser. He MUST return.

Reply #398801 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That would be very sad if true. I view the game differently to Boti and disagree with a fair bit he writes but he says it with passion, humour, research and knowledge and is without doubt the best basketball writer this country has had.

Let's start a petition!

Reply #398810 | Report this post

Mr36er  
Years ago

Guys Boti is on Holidays in Hawaii till March, you can find his Blog here:
http://www.botinagy.com/
he is still doing what he does best, just not in the tiser

Reply #398812 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Bucket/Paul,

I don't think much will change. Upon his return (or at some point after) I expect he'll be providing articles for the Advertiser again, it just won't be as a full time employee of News Ltd.

I guess it a bit like a sparky who works for a big company being let go and then having to go off and start his own business. He's still a sparky (and quite likely an exceptional one) regardless of whether he works for himself or a big company.

Bucket, your Dad will have to stop spending his hard earned pension on the Advertiser and like myself enjoy Boti's unedited work on his blog.

Reply #398919 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:14 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754