Red
Years ago

Rhys Carter to Wildcats

The Perth Wildcats are close to signing former Adelaide 36ers guard Rhys Carter as a replacement for the retired Brad Robbins.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/basketball/15847378/wildcats-want-carter-to-fill-robbins-role/

Topic #30544 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

pretty solid replacement and reduces Perth's douche factor significantly.

Reply #399135 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Perth just got better.

Reply #399141 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

Such a perfect fit for Perth with his defensive intensity. Where has he been playing so far this season?

Reply #399144 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

X - I'm pretty sure Sweden.

Reply #399145 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Yep he has been in Sweden...they must have negociated a buyout of his contract or release.

Word around was after the Swedish season he was going to workout with a few Euroleague clubs as he is now a EU passport holder.

Reply #399148 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sweep the leg!

Thought Bartlett could play that role well enough (streaky shot, defensive play) but he appears to have declined slightly out of Adelaide. Percentages are down a bit. Wonder how he'd feel with Carter being recruited over him?

Rhys has been in Sweden, though Thailand just recently as he was married there a week or so ago.

Reply #399149 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

Not a fan of Bartlett at PG in that system at all.

Reply #399151 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Bartlett would prob be a better fit with the Hawks now with what has happened.

Reply #399155 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Carter hasnt been recruited over Bartlett, he has been recruited to replace Robbins.

Reply #399157 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

we are just making the point that Carter will take Robbins minutes, not Bartlett Paul.

Reply #399160 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

paul, obviously, but it's not like Bartlett couldn't assume that role a bit. Did well enough in Adelaide that I was hoping we'd re-sign him.

Reply #399163 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

@Mystro I was responding to @Isaacs comment. BArtlett signed as Lisch's backup and I dont think he was ever under the impression Robbins wouldnt be replaced once he retired.

Reply #399174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Defensive intensity? You sure you are talking about the right guy? Don't just read into the stats:He gambles alot for his steals.......

Reply #399191 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

His defensive intensity was very high for the Dragons.

Reply #399194 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

should still be in Adelaide.

Reply #399197 | Report this post

Howto  
Years ago

Will fit into the Cats backcourt nicely. I would almost say Robbins with a jump shot. Perth can now go back to their full court press with more intensity with this guy.

Reply #399203 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

3peat got a little bit tougher I'd say.

Reply #399204 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

"His defensive intensity was very high for the Dragons."

...and the 36ers! He actually didn't average that many steals (1.4) but is a very solid, pesky defender. Not sure what you've been watching anon.

Reply #399208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

QUOTE Isaac (referring to Bartlett):

"Did well enough in Adelaide that I was hoping we'd re-sign him."

Don't lose sleep over it, I think most would be happy that we lucked on Cadee & Gibbo instead.

Reply #399209 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

Would take Bartlett over Crosswell right now though.

Reply #399212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nobody in THE NBL would BUY OUT any ones contract you fools. LMAO.

Rhys Carter PROB GOT RELEASED, OR ITS THE off season, OR HIS TEAM DIDNT MAKE THE FINALS, OR something. not buying out his contract LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.

Just so happens hes available now.

Reply #399224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

QUOTE X:

"Would take Bartlett over Crosswell right now though."

No argument there, but it's not on, dickhead.

Reply #399229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great pick up by Perth, good to see him back in the league, would have loved for him to have stayed with the 36ers for the past couple of years, but ahwell.

Reply #399230 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Bartlett Vs Croswell...

This is a tough one.

Bartlett is very prone to turnovers as he has average handles, but can shoot in streaks.

Crossy is more solid with his handles, can shoot but has lost a lot of confidence.

Which you'd have depends on your need I suppose.

Reply #399231 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cats bought out Carter's contract, AFAIK.

DDFan, assuming that's you, please stop posting on Hoops. I asked you in the past but perhaps you've forgotten.

Reply #399235 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Thats not DDFan, that writing style has got Clint Dogg written all over it.

Reply #399236 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

ha ha I thought DD when I read those posts earlier...

Reply #399238 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, ClintDogg is the other one. I'd say they're both here after having been previously requested not to ever post again.

ClintDogg, please go away. Not interested in having you post here.

Reply #399239 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Would have liked to see him back in Adelaide instead of christopherson but must have not been on the cards at the time.
Was a big time cater fan when he was playing in aus.

Reply #399242 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Smith, don't think we need another PG though and Carter isn't primarily a scorer. In hindsight, might be safe to wonder if Christopherson is too. Should've just stuck with Massingale, I think.

Reply #399245 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

Lol I was going to ask why I was called a dickhead but if it was DDFan or Clinton Dogg I won't worry.

Reply #399247 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

chrisopherson is a scorer? Please stop trolling :)

Reply #399265 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

I would have like Carter to come back to Adelaide , good role player with a very lush Missus !. Great pick up by Perth and definate upgrade on robbins. Was never a fan a thought he was over rated for those that rated him.

Reply #399329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey c'mon scotty c is off the charts in warm ups! Has e had one play run for him to shoot the 3 this season? But I digeess

Reply #399331 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Would have much preferred to keep Massingale, still have no idea the logic of cutting him, then getting an import we hardly use.

2 days straight I am agreeing with an anon!!! But I agree, when will we run some plays for our new import!

Reply #399332 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

These'play' things that people keep referencing; i.e. plays for Ng, plays for CJ, plays for Schensch, plays for Christopherson......remind me what they are again.

It's been so long since I've seen one executed that I've forgotten what they look like :)

Reply #399350 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

@Marcus Camby - "Crossy is more solid with his handles, can shoot but has lost a lot of confidence."

How could he be confident in their shot when:

1. He have Crosswell's cringe-worthy shooting action
2. He doesn't get many wide-open looks
3. Oh, and HE CAN'T SHOOT!

What a joke you are if you think he can hit jumpshots at a decent clip.

Reply #399399 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

Crosswell's career 3p% is higher than Carter's

Reply #399400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carter already on the plane and on the way to oz

Reply #399457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And according to Swedish media reports, the contract was indeed bought out, not the off-season, not released and his team are indeed in the finals. So so much for that other anon up there.

Reply #399526 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

He was bought out...they weren't going to release the starting PG without getting his contract paid out.

Reply #399532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

News reporting it was a $15,000 transfer fee and have seen other reports that Carter will be rated as 6 points.

Reply #399999 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing Carter join the Wildcats and hopefully he gels real nicely.

As for Bartlett I like the guy but he is not a Perth Wildcats PG. I'm not sure what the case is whether coach decision or his own but vs. Cairns last Friday he was happy to let Lisch bring up the ball and c'mon when does Bartlett actually pass the ball, I mean really set up the play by looking inside the paint for Knight or Trueman?

Gotta face it Bartlett has a license to shoot and he takes advantage of that, if only he can shoot like against Cairns for remainder of season then Carter in the lineup shouldn't bother him too much and he should see minutes.

Reply #400077 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:23 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754