Thomas Costa
Years ago

Best defensive strategies

zone defense or man to man defense which defensive strategies are more effective?

Topic #30690 | Report this topic

ox  
Years ago

in fantasy probably man to man for me. My team is built around one on one players beating their man.

eg. this week:

C Nevill vs Trueman
PF Redhage (double/captain) vs Knight (double/capt)
SF Wagstaff (double) vs Lazare
SG Ervin vs Crawford
PG Wilson vs Jackson

Bench
Loughton vs Greer
Hire (double) vs Hill
Walker vs Garlepp

Should win all of those matchups 1v1, evcept the jackson one at PG, but Wilson has been dominating lately anyway. Any the PF/Capt is even, so Im hoping for a 20-30 pt win

Reply #401801 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

It depends on so many factors, Who is playing, How the opponents offence is structured, Who is hot on the offensive end, Which defensive players you have on the court plus lots of other things, the question is really unanswerable. You need to be able to mix up your defense to be a very good defensive team.

Reply #401879 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

In teaching kids how to play defence, the principles learnt in playing plan to man enable them to employ any other form of defence.

Teach them young to play man to man so they learn the principles, and then teach them the other strategies (such as press, zone etc) is my mantra.

Reply #401888 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Best defensive strategy: take the opponent out of what they are comfortable doing and control- if you do this you succeed- there is rarely a 0-0 scoreline, teams are going to score, you just have to control them and you win! Otherwise if there was one specific way you wouldn't have teams like houston (for example) putting up 125 points!

Reply #402005 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:58 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754