Loco
Years ago

Unleash Solar

Just noted the comment at the bottom of the newsletter:

----------------------------------------------
A Note from the CEO

The Club is owed sponsorship monies by Unleash Solar. Unfortunately protracted negotiations have not resolved the issue. It is for this reason that the Club has removed all branding of its former sponsor. No further comment will be made by the Club in relation to this issue.
----------------------------------------------

Topic #30697 | Report this topic

Triton 95  
Years ago

They sold cheap chinese products, I don't know why Adelaide expected anything else but this to happen.

Reply #401900 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

I wonnder if the Melbourne Renegades received their money ?

Reply #401901 | Report this post

Now we can blame UNLEASH for them not sacking Marty

Reply #401903 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

No great surprise.Lets hope they got something out of them.Another group of fly by nighters.

Reply #401913 | Report this post

CR  
Years ago

Well the 36ers are still all over the Unleash Solar Web site.

And according to Unleash Solar Web site "the Unleash Solar Adelaide 36ers are one of the most successful clubs in the NBL".

And, quote "All the best to the 'Sixers for the upcomming season".

So not only does US not pay sponsorship money, they can't spell either. LOL ...

Reply #401918 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I wondering if Adelaide United are having any issues. THey are the main sponsors as well

Reply #401919 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Now to me this is something I'd like to see Keistina Kinneally take care of, I know age has a lot on her plate but if she is to ever impress the basketball community with her expertise (whatever that may be) then this is something she would easily sort out.

Reply #401933 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Proud, how is she going to "easily" sort this out?

Here are some thoughts for you:

a) the contract sits between US and the Sixers
b) the contract probably has a dispute resolution process that I doubt includes BA
c) Lets speculate that Unleash are in financial difficulties and simply cannot pay
d) Why would the BA CEO engage in an NBL club/sponsor dispute?

And the obvious...

e) Would you expect Demetriou to get involved in a similar AFL situation?
f) Does the rest of the SPORT, not league, want her to be engaged in these types of isolated disputes?

Reply #401936 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

The best solar panels in the world were made in Sydney until government charges, a lack of support from the government and manufacturing costs resulted in the company being bought out by the yanks!

Now the best solar panels in the world are made in Germany and, you guessed it, the US of A!!!

Reply #401939 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

If Demetriou did not get involved Port would no longer exist

Reply #401989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the important question to ask is WHY? Why did they stop giving sponsorship dollars? interesting article below.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/adelaide-36ers-remove-branding-of-major-sponsor-unleas-solar-over-owed-money/story-fndekpx4-1226565888724

Why would United and Woodville West Torrens still get their money but not the sixers? Is this another clash with 36ers CEO? Like so many others she has gotten off-side? Or is it just a case of Unleash having too many sponsorship eggs in too many baskets and picking who to stay with? Still very wrong for Unleash to not pay, but why just 36ers? Love Boti to do some digging and find out. Think it is very important for 36ers fans to know who is at fault for losing what probably would be a substantial amount of money seeing that they are naming rights sponsor.

Reply #402000 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Oh to be a fly on the wall.

Reply #402001 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Solar companies don't actually have any money. all their money comes from government subsidies, a big revolving circle of taxpayers money.

Reply #402124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty simple really. Show me the money and then pay as you promised. If the other clubs are happy then thats weird. Will be interesteing to see what transpires with the other clubs for sure.

Reply #402154 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Firstly I thought Kristina Kinneally was corrupt, now I don't care if she is or not but if her cronies can shake some $ out of US then atleast she will be seen to be doing something!

But seriously the NBL has sat on their hands WAY too much in the past and let teams die, does the AFL loan clubs money (Port Adelaide, St. Kilda, Melbourne, north Melbourne, Western Bulldogs and Fitzroy... All in the past 20 years)? The answer is absolutely.

I don't care that AFL have deeper pockets, the NBL let Sydney, Brisbane and South Dragons (all recent or reigning champions) fold and I don't want anybody else dying over a bad sponsorship or any other issues.

I didn't like Malcolm Speed as NBL chief but we need someone like him if KK is just gonna sit on her hands

Reply #402185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL has no real money to lend anyone, it's flat out staying afloat itself.

Reply #402213 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@Anon'2000...

"why just 36ers?"

Could it be the the dwindling fans coming to the games?

Could it be the booing at the home team at home in front of National TV?

If I were Unleash, I would have pulled funding after the first booing game.

I wouldn't want my company name tarnished by such fans.

Reply #402403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@ Marcus Camby

It could also be because the 36ers are playing an unattractive and uninspired brand of basketball, have a coach who is out of his depth and a bunch of players who (although they try hard) look lost on court.

Reply #402422 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@Anon'422...

Could be yes I see your point.

However, why then have sponsors not pulled out of Cairns or 0-10 Townsville?

Reply #402427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because they're not bottom of the ladder unlike the 36ers.

Reply #402431 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

They occupied that spot for half the season (yet still received support from their fans).

6'ers have been there 3 rounds (yet the knives come out weekly).

Reply #402512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We have been there 3 years MC !

Reply #402516 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Not true....first year was not bottom.

Reply #402523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They occupied that spot for half the season (yet still received support from their fans).

No they didn't, they had a huge drop in crowds.

6'ers have been there 3 rounds (yet the knives come out weekly).

36ers are bottom...again, 17 rounds into the season. For such a talented roster to go from 5-3 to 5-11 a bit more than knives needed to come out.

Marty should've been gone before he equalled the longest losing streak in club history (also set by him!).

Reply #402527 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:38 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754