Jack Toft
Years ago

Sixers - 30th season in NBL

Perth and Adelaide first played in the NBL in 1982 meaning that both clubs are celebrating 30 seasons.

Perth recently had a breakfast celebrating 30 seasons and announced the team of 30 years. Townsville had something last year to celebrate their 20 year milestone. Now forgive me if I have missed it, but have the Sixers done anything of substance to celebrate 30 seasons?

Apart from mentioning it at the start of the season, what are the Sixers plans to mark this milestone? Will there be a 30 year team announced?

Topic #30730 | Report this topic

orbit  
Years ago

Finally something that can not be blamed on the coaches - or can it??

Reply #402669 | Report this post

unanon  
Years ago

west adelaide had the their 30th anniversary "night of nights" last December was a great success
this year would be the 30th anniversary for the adelaide 36ers as it was 1983 when they first entered

although BSA couldve done something as it was the first year an adelaide team entered

Reply #402674 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

West Adelaide and Glenelg were foundation clubs in the 1979 inaugural season of the NBL. Glenelg did not participate beyond that first season.

West Torrens Eagles joined in 1980 and played as Forrestville Eagles in 1981 and Adelaide City Eagles in 1982.

The 36ers first played in the 1983 season. Their 30th season in the NBL was last year (2011-12).

West Adelaide's last season in the NBL was 1984.

Others know the club history better than I do but I suspect you could see 1985 as the start of the modern 36ers, as the single, combined Adelaide team in the NBL. From that perspective, 2013-14 will be the 30th season.

The full list of clubs and their years in the NBL is on the SportingPulse web site, at http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=0-189-0-232872-0&a=CLUBS

Reply #402679 | Report this post

Quickie  
Years ago

30 years Sixers have forgotten it was the 30th year,they are just worried of their pride to finish bottom two again.

Reply #402683 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Apart from a banner over the logo, I can't see much talk about.

The media lap up stories that are already done for them. How about a "puff piece" on the 30th anniversary/season for Today Tonight or something like that.

Reply #402701 | Report this post

dx  
Years ago

Didnt they celebrate it during the heritage round?

Reply #402711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how do you think the sixers best team of last 30 years measures up to the wildcats one announced ?
Obviously all about opinion and both great teams but I reckon sixers just a little better. And I am a Tigers fan so no bias involved other than saying Bradtke marginally better than JC ( although JC is one of my favuorites).
Heres one I thought fwiw but I am sure I have missed someone not being an expert on the sixers

Centre - Bradtke just over Crawford
PF - Davis just over Fisher
SF - Vlahov just over Brooks
SG - Al Green over Lisch
PG - - Grace = Maher

Reply #402749 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

There was something in the Heritage round, but at the season launch there was a bit said about it, but nothing of substance since....

Reply #402753 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:38 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754