NBL KINGS
Years ago

All NBL olympic team

NOT A SERIOUSE POST! Just a random discussion that could be interesting.

in the london olympics, there was only one nbl player in the boomers, How do you think we would do with a all nbl team? ( but with the exeption bogut and mills)
Who would you put in there?
Ben madgen would deffintly be in therd, maybe with chris goulding and damian martin.

Topic #30743 | Report this topic

Moses Malone  
Years ago

Gibson. Martin
Mills. Madgen.
Creek. Blanchfield
Knight. Nevill
Bogut. Schenser

Forman
Crawford

And we'd probably lose the Oceania qualification series unless we had a very good coach

Reply #403032 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

@NBL KINGS - There were actually three NBL players in the London Olympic team. Mark Worthington, Adam Gibson and Peter Crawford. And of the remaining nine players, six have played in the NBL during their careers.

As for a current All-NBL Boomers team, I think Moses above has got most of them. Gibson, Martin, Nevill, Knight, Madgen, Forman, Crawford come to mind first. Then maybe guys like Goulding, Cadee, Crosswhite, Schenscher, Johnson.

Reply #403035 | Report this post

Dillon  
Years ago

I'd go:

Knight Nevill Johnson
Wagstaff Petrie
Madgen Redhage
Lisch Goulding Gibson
D.Martin Cadee

*Assuming Lisch is close to naturalisation

Reply #403040 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

Cadee, hahahahahha. I know its not serious but its still funny.

Reply #403044 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

With Marty a lock for head coach.

Reply #403049 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

All i know it would suck. Actually we wouldnt even qualify for the olympics. SUCK SUCK SUCK i say.

Reply #403050 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Neville - Knight
Forman - Johnson
Weigh - Wagstaff
Madgen - Goulding
Lisch - Gibson
Crawford
Blanchfield

Coach - Bevridge

Bombs Away! They could press and trap all game, not a lick of man to man and could reign 3's with all but the 5 men launching from beyond the arc. It's the only chance against the better teams, never happen but would be fun to watch.

Reply #403055 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I'd have to put Clint Steindl and Gliddon as reserves as they would lap up the experience!

Obviously it's not a serious post with all them 'typos' lol, but I'd go:

Nevill & Johnson
Loughton & Knight
Weigh & Holmes
Madgen & Goulding(benched immediately if he misses his first 3 shots- nobody should have more shots than points)
Damien Martin & Carter

Isn't it funny that All-Star top vote getter Cam Traggardh can't make anyone's list a few months later!

New Zealand

Pledgehammer, Trueman
Vukona, Boucher
Abercrombie, Henry
Bartlett, TeRangi
Webster, Bloxham

Reply #403098 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If it's an All-NBL Olympic team Ill include the Kiwis:

Nevill/Pledger/Johnson
Vukona/Knight
Abercrombie/Redhage/Blanchfield
Lisch/Madgen
Martin/Gibson

I like that team with either Beveridge, Lemanis or Vucinic in charge.

Reply #403102 | Report this post

When I read Cadee above I assume you guys are referring to Robbie as team manager??
Other wise I want a couple of kg of the gear that you've been on.

Reply #403129 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dillon is a troll. Just ignore the bait.

Reply #403130 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Once his knee's better Rhys Martin has to be a contender for that team, his game is well suited for the international game.

Reply #403134 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I'd take Cadee over Gibson, as Gibson won't get any better and I think Cadee could be anything and I was looking to put him in my team but Rhys Carter got his spot

Reply #403338 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:57 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754