Air-T 18
Years ago

ADELAIDE 36ers 2013/14 season: reunite the club

Ok 36ers fans, seen a few people post about what team they would want next year, cause even with today's game, it's time to start looking forward to next season

Here is my team and average minutes per game in 40 mins

Coach: Rupert Sapwell (1 year contract)
Assistant Coaches: Brett Maher, Brad Davidson, Nathan Crosswell

IN: Import scoring 2 guard, Kyle Miller/CJ Massingale

OUT: Pero Vaslijevic (ABL), Nathan Crosswell (assistant coach)

Starting 5
PG - Adam Gibson 30
SG - Import Scoring 2 Guard 35 (Options: Corey Williams, Kavossy Franklin, Ayinde Ubaka)
SF - Stephen Weigh 25
PF - Daniel Johnson 32
C - Luke Schenscher 25

Bench
PG - Tom Daly 10
PG - Jason Cadee 20
SG - Import: Kyle Miller 15 (watch out for this guy in ABL)/CJ Massingale (if he wanted to come back)
SF/PF - Mitch Creek 25
PF/C - Anthony Petrie 30

Development Players (number of different options)
G - Adam Doyle
G/F - John Marriott/Brandon Brine/Matthew Lycett/Brad Haydon/Codey Ellison/Jackson Madgen

KYLE MILLER basketball profile

Uniform #: 3
Height: 191cm / 6'3''
Position: Guard
Born: 1987
Weight: 84kg / 184.8lbs
Team: C.District L. (Australia) (2012-12)
Nationality: USA
College: Notre Dame, OH

Post your teams below or what you would like to see next season...

Topic #30776 | Report this topic

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Can we change thread title to 'Kyle Miller Promotion Thread'?

Reply #403537 | Report this post

The Jones Boy  
Years ago

Dare I ask how you're going to get Kavossy Franklin out of retirement and/or get Ubaka to contribute 32 minutes per game?? You're better off going with Cadee in your starting 5 and maybe saving whatever money the Sixers don't have by going import-free next year.

Reply #403538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just wow

Reply #403547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL needs imports especially the Sixers they are just plain boring to watch.

Reply #403551 | Report this post

Air-T 18  
Years ago

It's about finding an import that can put up with the NBL rules and regulations, my apologies I thought Kavossy was still playing overseas, Cadee will be a few years yet, but reality is we need a consistent scoring shooting import guard, every club has got a player in the backcourt that can do that consistently (Lisch, Jackson, Flynn, Madgen, Ervin, Wilson, Hurdle/Deleon/Grant (oh how he would've been a great pick up for Adelaide!!!)

Miller is unknown product so posted his stats to show what kind of player he is, heard some rumblings from sources... ;-)

Reply #403552 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Someone tell KK the Kings are cheating, they have three imports apparently.

Reply #403553 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I don't think you have enough assistant coaches

Reply #403562 | Report this post

hydra72  
Years ago

Air-T 18, with respect, what has Rupert Sapwell done that would make you think he can be a head coach in the NBL?

We need a proven NBL coach to resurrect this club before it falls over completely.

Reply #403564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Development player, Sam Johns

Reply #403569 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Forget Sapwell, the (muzz) buzz I hear is you are right with one name there.

Reply #403587 | Report this post

Quickie  
Years ago

Forgot Sapwell,we need a coach who knows his basketball,start with getting an experienced coach of Gleeson or Wright!

Johnson,schenscher,Cadee ,Petrie ,in 13/14 season

Gibson and weigh wont return next season

Croswell and Pero retired

SC will be gone

Give Daly another season.Ubaka or Flynn type player

Need a quality import and a Shooting guard.hodge type player.

Reply #403592 | Report this post

Quickie  
Years ago

New coach need team tour of USA trial imports than buying imports who have a poor shooting record.thats what we have done in last few years no good imports.the best import was Simpson by far the rest have been shocking and notably the last import SC pathetic .

Reply #403595 | Report this post

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

I am a big fan of Crosswell staying in Adelaide, but purely as an assistant coach. I think he would be an ideal 2nd assistant. Is a top bloke, and knows basketball.

As for choice of imports, I think we definitely need an Import PG. I'm sick of seeing our team fail to execute, and to me, Gibson is truly a SG, with PG back up capabilities. I want a PG that can demand the ball when a play breaks down, and have the nous/balls/ability to break his man down one on one and give us a good look.

How many teams have come to Adelaide with quality import PG's and torn us apart with one on one, take it to the rim, take control of the game/team capabilities? Ervin, Deleon, Jackson and now today Flynn decided he wanted the ball at the end, and duly took control. GAME OVER! We need that guy!!!

Reply #403598 | Report this post

meo  
Years ago

I like Croswell, nice bloke but nice blokes finish last and we have done that too many times already. Have you seen how he shoots there is no way you want him teaching others to shoot

Reply #403610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And the league also doesn't need to keep recycling the same couple of old coaches either. That comes with its own set of problems

Reply #403716 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

Ok Hydra I'll bite. Sapwell not only longterm 36er with championship experience but 6 year ABL coach, twice CoY and back to back premierships.

Reply #403740 | Report this post

lo35  
Years ago

razor, based on that resume and standing on the outside looking in, I can see how you would think that he'd be a good candidate.

Reply #403854 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

"Can we change thread title to 'Kyle Miller Promotion Thread'?"

He's the only guy mentioned who most readers wouldn't be familiar with. The added profile is useful and he only mentioned the name 3 times.

"Someone tell KK the Kings are cheating, they have three imports apparently."

Read the sentence again. "every club has got a player in the backcourt that can do that (shoot) consistently".

Stop being such a douche, Camby.

Reply #403856 | Report this post

Timmy D  
Years ago

Coach: Joey Wright
Assistants: Maher, Sapwell, Crosswell

C: Johnson/Schenscer
F: Athletic big (eg Jerai Grant)/Petrie
F: Creek/Weigh
G: Athletic wing that can hit the 3/3pt spec.
G: Gibson/Cadee
Have a run and gun style of play and bring the fans back to the arena with our showtime style of play and also have a good offensive coach and 3 highly repected former players.

Defense: A- Gibbo,Creek, Petrie and Imports have to be great defensively.

Offense: A+ Everyone can fill it up on any night on this squad.

Rebounding B got solid rebounders but depends on import.

Reply #404005 | Report this post

John Richards  
Years ago

I think it will be much the same line up with daly getting a proper contract. Also as for development players I think jan warbout Adam Doyle and they had a couple guys come in for a week or so this might be a option I remember there was a Tasmanian guy I think Grant something and there was also a Victorian Josh Dobby or something who I think might get signed as a dp

Reply #412562 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:28 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754