NBL KINGS
Years ago

WHO SAID NBL IS DEAD?

So NBL obviously isn't the biggest thing in Australia, and there has been a lot of talk about it being dead, and people saying it could fold.
i just have to say, no way!
being at the Sydney v.s breaker games last night, there was no way you could think that this is a tiny, unknown league.
the atmosphere was amazing, over 7,000 fans cheering, heaps wearing jersey's standing up and the game was organised alot better than expected.
honestly, i can easily see the nbl getting bigger, especially if they market it properly.

Topic #30779 | Report this topic

NBL KINGS  
Years ago

and although the league is still farily small, i can defiantly see it getting bigger

Reply #403599 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y

Reply #403620 | Report this post

Igotmadskills  
Years ago

Was great watching the Perth game Friday night with a full stadium, looked like a nice stadium, pity about the result.

Reply #403625 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Average crowds of over 6000 the past two rounds and season average now over 5000 for the first in over a decade. Hopefully it can continue to grow.

Reply #403632 | Report this post

NBL KINGS  
Years ago

do you think we could get a average of 6,000 next season?

Reply #403634 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

5,000 today for the bottom team .
Looks like ODI Cricket is dead , now .

Reply #403649 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That would be tough, but who knows? If Melbourne play more at Hisense, NZ play more at Vector and Adelaide finally resemble a professional team then there could be more growth.

Reply #403656 | Report this post

ChuckBerry  
Years ago

There's a lot of beaurocracy at the top level and not enough action at the grass roots. Marketing will go a long way but there's a lot of work to do to revive the game in Aus.

Reply #403669 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I think the Sydney Kings need to consistently get 7,000 regularly. Whilst its great that they get the odd 7000+ to a game, they're crowds do fluctuate greatly (4000-7000). If they can be relied on to get 7000 each game then the NBL will need to be respected by the media.

Hey if its good enough for the A-League to be getting similar crowds for most of their games and they still get plenty of media attention, then it should be good enough for the NBL too.

A great few round of crowds the last couple of weeks. Hopefully all clubs keep this up. The NBL was never dead in my opinion. It just needs work.

Reply #403673 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

Adelaide v Tigers was a good game too.

Reply #403728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah 5055 for the 36ers game

Reply #403800 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Without the Wildcats we would probably be 4,400

Reply #403842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes some great crowds this week, Only 1 poor crowd at Woolongong

36ers vs Tigers 5055
Crocs/Taipans 4329
Kings/Breakers 7124
Hawks/Tigers 3k
Perth/Adelaide 10779

Some great crowds. Wildcats continue to not have a crowd under 10500. Was a great crowd considering there was only 5 days between games.

I will post my ideas of what the NBL should do before the start of the next season, I will do this in the coming week and I believe will get the NBL rocking. It isnt rocket science and I believe the NBL are not doing enough to get this game bigger and better

Reply #403865 | Report this post

wildcats80  
Years ago

Forgot to use my username

Yes some great crowds this week, Only 1 poor crowd at Woolongong

36ers vs Tigers 5055
Crocs/Taipans 4329
Kings/Breakers 7124
Hawks/Tigers 3k
Perth/Adelaide 10779

Some great crowds. Wildcats continue to not have a crowd under 10500. Was a great crowd considering there was only 5 days between games.

I will post my ideas of what the NBL should do before the start of the next season, I will do this in the coming week and I believe will get the NBL rocking. It isnt rocket science and I believe the NBL are not doing enough to get this game bigger and better

Reply #403866 | Report this post

NBL KINGS  
Years ago

^yeah, with some better marketing and ideas, nbl could get pretty big in a few years, or even a couple

Reply #403871 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Wildcats games are crazy, that 36ers game it looked fairly empty to start the game and you can definitely tell the 2000 odd seats that weren't filled but to get 10,770 still is just amazing and ill be getting my season membership next year (if there is a league lol)

Reply #403896 | Report this post

Jim Bert  
Years ago

The NBL died for me the day the Bullets folded. Ironically since then I have become a big NBA fan and I can't see myself returning to the NBL as anything more than a casual observer, even if Brisbane do get another team.

Reply #404104 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:30 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754