Anonymous
Years ago

Spurs Aussies: DNPS

In close games our Aussies are just not seeing time......writing on the wall for Patty at least?

Topic #30819 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Cut those tall poppies!

Reply #404374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well I only have a stat sheet with DNPS for 2 Aussies in a game that went to the wire. I could be wrong, apologies.

Reply #404376 | Report this post

Jesters  
Years ago

What was worse was the other day when Baynes got either a DNP or less than 4 mins ( sorry cant quite remember and CBF checking) while Timmy D was out. You would think he would get a bit of clock to cover him, and although they are totally different position players, Ginflopobli and Parker were also out which does open up more minutes too.
Mills I think is done at SA and needs to be traded to a team who will give him court time, which I think unfortunately will be a lottery team

Reply #404381 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Patty is almost done in the NBA complete. I dont think he is good enough. he is a SG in a PG body. oh well he made it to the NBA and stayed there for several years, he should be proud. i think he will get traded in a package with Blair and possibly Jackson from what i heard and then will most likely be cut. His manager should start heading to Europe and chase the $1m deal over there.

Reply #404384 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Kyrie Irving played good minutes in the same game...

Reply #404388 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3szhqk/
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3szhu3/

Seriously, you don't need to start another thread every day!

Reply #404390 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Kyrie Irving 2/18 FG's - 6 points. 7 assists!

Not a great game for those aussie born but doing better than us couch potatoes!

Reply #404391 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Party's career is just starting. Just has to hang in and bide his time, and in years to come will get his chance.
For all the players who jump straight into starting fives and roles straight out of college, there are many more who gotta pay their dues.

Reply #404394 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

Mills is not NBA quality, He is not a good enough shooter to play the SG position and he can't pass good enough to play the PG position.
He would be a good NBL player but even if he was playing here this season he still wouldn't even be the best guard in the league, probably a top 5 NBL guard.

Reply #404396 | Report this post

Longley
Bogurt
Anderson
Gaze
Heal
Mills
Baynes

If my memory serves me correct since 1956 when we competeted in Basketball Olympics these are the only players to make it to and play minutes in the NBA in all that time

Reply #404398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's Bogurt?

Gaze never played significant minutes. If you have him on you need to include Anstey and Jawai.

Reply #404407 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Schensch & Bradtke

Reply #404411 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Jawai.

Reply #404419 | Report this post

Moses Malone  
Years ago

Anstey

Reply #404427 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

Is Bogurt as tasty as it sounds?

Reply #404433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Voice of reason:
Not the voice of spelling....

Reply #404436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mills and baynes are 11th/12thmen so being realistic they will only get minutes in blowouts. mills could get more minutes on a bad team and just to be clear kyrie irving is not australian, he was raised in the usa just as cj bruton was raised here making him an aussie

Reply #404441 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

or the voice of "memory serving him correctly"

Reply #404481 | Report this post

fastbreak  
Years ago

what about palabuskis.first aussie to play nba.

Reply #404485 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

fastbreak - Eddie Palubinskas was drafted in 1975 but never played in an NBA game

Reply #404513 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Mills is being paid pretty well for being a cheerleader though.

Reply #404544 | Report this post

Oz  
Years ago

Patty is almost done in the NBA complete. I dont think he is good enough. he is a SG in a PG body. oh well he made it to the NBA and stayed there for several years, he should be proud. i think he will get traded in a package with Blair and possibly Jackson from what i heard and then will most likely be cut. His manager should start heading to Europe and chase the $1m deal over there.

>

Only Euroleague team that would tolerate his chucking is Siena. And they won't pay him anywhere close to that salary if they did sign him.

Euroleague teams simply won't allow a 6 foot SG to chuck away. You can't win any games that way in Euroleague.

Reply #404763 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

Both will, and should, be around for awhile yet!

I'd love to see their talents in the NBL but they're with the Spurs cause they can play, not because they're scrubs.

Reply #404773 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:12 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754