Anonymous
Years ago

State of The Advertiser's basketball coverage

Not wanting a flame war, just an answer. Is Boti still with The Advertiser?

Topic #30833 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Supposedly still on holidays but it's been a long time, long service leave?

The good thing is the only day I used to buy the paper was Thursday's and with Boti's Around The NBL column no longer regularly appearing inside for what seems like a few seasons now and coupled with their boneheaded decision to scrap the 7 day TV guide liftout (to obviously try and make more buy the Sunday Mail) I no longer get any Ltd News paper.

Reply #404667 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

I asked him on twitter.
Let's see if/ what he gets back to me with.

Reply #404680 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti on his site the other day:

TOM Biddington is among the journos writing basketball stories for The Advertiser during my holidays and he had a good preview piece last week which, sadly, was harshly dealt with by the paper's editors. Space can be a bitch.
(Followed by the Biddington piece speaking with Gibson before the Perth game.)

Reply #404683 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

NBL goes for roughly 6 months. Couldn't he take his holidays at some point in the 6 months that the NBL isn't on? Especially after the Grand Final, there's basically nothing for a month.

Reply #404687 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I have no idea, but he might have to factor in family availability.

Reply #404693 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

But the other 6 months is Mustache Season

Reply #404694 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Boti is the best thing about SA basketball at the moment. I'd be shattered if he didn't continue.

Reply #404696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL goes for roughly 6 months. Couldn't he take his holidays at some point in the 6 months that the NBL isn't on?

If I were a basketball writer in Adelaide with Marty Clarke as coach I'd be taking my holidays smack bang in the middle of the season too.

Reply #404711 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Lets face it , most of the fans will be more interested in what is happening after the season finishes , than anything that is happening sice we lost the home game to townsville.

Thats not to sday we are not folooiwing and supporting the team, and hoping that the players can overcome the various challenges they arte faciong, just that we are MORE interested in how and who will will recruit as coaches nect season.

Bit of a Pontius Pilate by Boti, "I'm weashing my hands of the most reportable item - coaching - since i can't say anyting that has not already been said".

cheers

Reply #404716 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

I cint spell aftert two beerss

Reply #404717 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Very old..... The funniest and most insightful post I have seen on here for ages. And that includes my drunken posts!!!

Hats off to u

Reply #404728 | Report this post

Dief  
Years ago

Boti returns to work at the Advertiser on March 17th

Reply #404730 | Report this post

aristotle  
Years ago

lightning is motoring and no mention of a good unit.....

or buckle being a contender for opals coach ?

Reply #404740 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The timing of the holiday is enforced by News Ltd.

Reply #404743 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

ok, I gave Murdoch a free pass with the Leveson Inquiry.
But now he's interfering with OUR basketball coverage!

Reply #404798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Better than most in Oz. Despite the obvious bias.

Reply #404900 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

How long has Boti been writing for Advertiser? Holidays are probably long service leave.

Reply #404905 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

News Ltd's call on employees with leave owing. From the horse's moustache itself.

Reply #404907 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:18 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754