Jack Toft
Years ago

R19: Sixers @ Cairns

Cairns pipped the Kings at the post last night and having to back up for a game tonight might be the telling factor. Jamar Wilson is a dangerman and Wollongong is the only team who has kept him quiet this season. Shane Edwards is the other Taipan who is a ticking timebomb so Sixers fans will be hoping that Marty cuts the green wire... or is it the red wire.....

The Sixers are without the services of Schensch, who has been replaced with Jan. No doubt he'll be looking to add to his 81 secs of court time as 81 secs of playtime is not long enough. Pero should see some extra time tonight as well. On a dream team point per minute, he's actually doing very well. If Marty's offensive plays are so hard, maybe they could just ink them on Pero's arm so he remembers.

This season has been tighter than Tony Abbott's budgie smugglers and so incredibly Cairns still has a very slim chance of making the four. However, this game is effectively the game for the wooden spoon as even if there's 4 or 5 teams on equal wins, many of those teams have the split on the Sixers. The Sixers could still make the four, but that would require them winning 7 of their last 6 games.

This has the potential to be a great game and if the Sixers can hold their composure in the first half, stand a great chance of launching the spinnaker in the fourth to get a much needed road win.

Topic #30842 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Quote: This season has been tighter than Tony Abbott's budgie smugglers

In the race for the spoon perhaps. It's nothin' but sunshine at the top.

Reply #404795 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

There is simply no reason to think that our losing streak will end tonight.

Reply #404799 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

This season, there has been 2 teams, daylight, then the other six

Reply #404801 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I reckon the Sixers will win. I said "surely they couldn't lose this one" before each of the Crocs games, before hosting the Hawks down significant players and now again against the second worst team backing up after a game and flights.

Come on guys, the talent is there. You can knock this team off.

Reply #404812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rather than tattoo anything on Pero's arm Marty can tattoo on his arm what Daly and Pero did when on court together - 3 assist 6 points in quick time. I know probably didnt run his plays but they scored. Maybe Marty has forgotten this as I don'tthink he has tried this since!!!

Reply #404824 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Of the two team's last game , Cairns look a little better . Hill an easy double in half a game . Loughton shot pretty good.
(A.Bruce , SYD , seems to drive and dish.)

Reply #404827 | Report this post

Youknow ME  
Years ago

I hope they lose. I hope they lose big. this team in its current form, the coaches and the management have no right to win at all. I want them to go winless for the rest of the season so there can be no excuses and no forgiveness at seasons end. If they lose every game now on by 20 plus I couldnt be happier, it would mean changes absolutely will be made. I have a feeling the owners are so dumb that 1 more win would lead to them renewing martys contract because of the warm fuzzy feelings they felt on the day. So come on 6ers, lose big! this season couldnt end quick enough.

Reply #404828 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The coaches will be gone. No need to wish failure on the team now to get change. I hope they finish well, Marty at least gets something positive to leave on and can find a new position after this. No need to be vindictive about it.

Reply #404831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Absolutely agree with the above poster, this team does not deserve to win. If we win we are making a mockery of the beautiful game. I want Clakre and the garden gnome to be exposed for who they are and to be mortified by their track record at the end of the season.

Reply #404832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The coaches will be gone. No need to wish failure on the team now to get change. I hope they finish well, Marty at least gets something positive to leave on and can find a new position after this. No need to be vindictive about it.

I don't know maybe not with this mob running the 36ers. We're all only assuming the reason they haven't sacked this clown of a coach yet is because they can't afford to. If we won all of our remaining 6 games it really wouldn't surprise me if they re-signed Clarke. They seem to be clueless about basketball.

Unfortunately the closest thing to locking in the removal of Clarke is if we lose all of our remaining games so they don't even get a sniff of an idea of re-signing him.

Reply #404833 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The season will be over soon enough. Where's Marcus?

Reply #404836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns should win, Adelaide dont play 4 quarters and have shon no logical reason to expect a change in that. Clarke hasnt been able to get anything positive out of his roster for 3 years, but he and Radford still consider themselves 'elite'.

Reply #404838 | Report this post

2FAST4U  
Years ago

I'm hoping the Sixers can cause an upset. It should be a tight game. Johnson always seems to play better when he's got more expectation on his shoulders like 2nite.

Reply #404840 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

As Isaac mentioned, if there was any good to come from their abysmal second half of the season, it has certainly already served its use in spades.

Hopefully the rest of the season can be constructive and morale boosting, both for the players and the fans.

Reply #404841 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

I feel bad for those "fans" that continually bag their own and hope we lose. Its shithouse supporting IMO. I hope we win and finish the season on a high looking towards next season. I have no doubt that good times will come and willing to take the bumps along the way.

Reply #404844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the fans are plenty justified to be pissed off at the lack of action from 36ers managemnent and the coaches to not want our team to win. We feel this way because we want the the team to be succesful next season, so the current coaches are reinstated.

I cant find it in my heart to forget the numerous blunders, mistakes and failures Clarke has done to the 36ers dragging us through the mud for the 3rd year. Everything from from CJ saga to the churn out of imports and Clarke's refusal to admit his mistakes. Clarke's refusal to admit any wrong doing on his part I think is what grates on us the most.

Hopefully next season we can put these years behind us and start fresh.

But yeah, Cairns gonna win this one by 5, No Schensch is gonna hurt us. Plus we suck at away games.

Reply #404865 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Why would club supporters WISH the team to fail for the rest of the year?!? As Isaac said, the current coaches will be gone. The club needs something to build from for next year - to restore the players' confidence in themselves, to maybe make the better players want to come back, to encourage sponsors to sign up, to encourage casual supporters to come back next year. Finishing with some wins will give that. Finishing with more losses will reduce the club to a low that may be too deep to climb out from.

Several posters (and one newspaper item I think) have already said that some players can't wait to pack and leave Adelaide. They'll be the ones who would get offers from elsewhere and most supporters would like to see stay on. Maybe a few wins would change their mindset and open them up to staying. More losses will make that worse.

Unleash Solar has been reported as having slipped on some sponsorship commitments. Could it be that is related to the poison that has been posted online and the negative aura surrounding the club? What might other potential sponsors be thinking? Again, a few wins will change that quickly and losses make it worse.

People have been lamenting the low crowd numbers and linking it directly to the lack of on-court success. More losses will definitely not make that better. It will probably lose some more of the season ticket holders as well as the casuals.

So don't wish failure on this team - it's cutting your nose off to spite your face. A true club supporter will see the importance of success in these last few weeks of the season to the future of this club and wish the team nothing but success.

In that spirit - I'm right behind the team tonight and hope they finally recapture the chemistry they found when they spanked Sydney in Round 14 - only 34 days ago - and do the same to Cairns. Go sixers!

Reply #404868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unleash Solar has been reported as having slipped on some sponsorship commitments. Could it be that is related to the poison that has been posted online and the negative aura surrounding the club? What might other potential sponsors be thinking? Again, a few wins will change that quickly and losses make it worse.

Might have a bit more to do with how terrible the team has performed under Clarke.

Year 1: 2nd to bottom
Year 2: Bottom
Year 3: Currently bottom

Reply #404878 | Report this post

Grassy  
Years ago

Despite the seasons failure I'm always looking for a win. The fans deserve it.

Reply #404879 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Not trying to inflame any wars here but any 'fan' who wants the Sixers to lose their last 6 games to make sure that Clarke and Radford are gone at the end of the season.....to me they aren't true fans. No true fan would want their team to lose just so the coaches can be sacked, especially when its clear that their contracts will NOT be renewed.

As for the game itself....I think we can win this, even without Luke Schenscher.

Does anyone know of any pirate NBL.TV broadcasts of tonight's game?

Reply #404881 | Report this post

Bucketman  
Years ago

@holdenV8.... Agree. Right up until you mentioned us winning tonight. I've lost all hope unfortunately.

Reply #404887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahasport.com might get a link going. Pretty crappy but better than nothing

Reply #404888 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

@HoldenV8 try http://www.sportlemon.tv/c-6.html

Reply #404889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What time does the game start Adelaide time?

Reply #404898 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

Not sure.
But if it helps I can give you the E.S.T. and explain how to do the conversion.

Reply #404901 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I actually understand people hoping the team loses to ultimately see a grander action that they believe will help more in the future. It does make sense, as ugly as it might seem to many fans. One of the biggest Sixer fans I know feels this way, thoroughly disillusioned with the last few years.

But what I'm saying is that in this case, it's past that point. These guys are not going to get an extension with a miracle run this late. The very last chance, I suspect, was a number of rounds ago, and nothing's changed (worse maybe?). For that reason, there's no point in wishing the worst - it wouldn't do anything positive for the club and the players many of us would hope to see stay.

Reply #404910 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Taipans will sqeeze a win out of this game.

all the signs are there....trigger,gliddon and hill should have above average games tonight.

Cairns by 8

Reply #404911 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Has anyone got the game up on NBL TV yet? Mine is still saying "live event starting shortly" but would have thought the game has started by now as it's nearly 8pm in Adelaide.

Reply #404912 | Report this post

Gnome  
Years ago

The game should start just after 8.
Adelaide is 30 minutes in front of Cairns due to daylight saving!

Reply #404913 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I have always wished Marty and the boys the very best, and don't understand the hope we lose mentality.

Hopefully next year we can improve, even if it's sans Marty's Master tutelage.

Reply #404914 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

"Marty's Master tutelage" ROFLMAO @ Marcus Camby

And thanks Beekayz

Reply #404916 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Ah yes I forgot Qld doesnt do dalight savings!

As expected not much defence to be seen thus far. Sixers should really be able to win this w their size adv and w Cairns playing yesterday. Not gonna put money it though!

Reply #404917 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

NBL.TV quality is pretty poor for me tonight.

Quite like Matt Smith's commentary - bit of insight, good dose of self-deprecation, etc.

Reply #404918 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Woah great defensive play by Cadee on the certain dunk by Edwards!

Reply #404919 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

26-39 4 to go in half

Reply #404920 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

looks like we are having our scoring drought early tonight 5 points in 6 mins is woeful

Reply #404921 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

Gee i wish commentators would shut up during time outs. You want to gear which play the coaches are drawing up and all they do is continue to talk. Jacks me off !

Reply #404922 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

@HoldenV8 Glad it actually worked.

Not sure what's worse though...the quality of the stream or Adelaide's play.

Reply #404923 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Nice second quarter.

Reply #404924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns up 47-29 at the half.

36ers just 8 points in the 2nd quarter.

It was the 36ers who played last night and had a gruelling come from behind win wasn't it?

This is such an absolute disgrace, I'm not watching this shit anymore despite being a free stream.

Reply #404925 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bit sad. We had the extra day up there to wait for them, Radford is away from the horrors of Bg04 and the toxic court, and they are fellow residents at the lower regions of the ladder. Matt Smith is saying nice things about our chances, but we'll need a really fast start to the third to show that he's not too optimistic.

Reply #404926 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

We would be right in it if we could make some layups. How many gimmes have we missed already.

Reply #404927 | Report this post

Jesters  
Years ago

Perfect stream in WA.

Reply #404929 | Report this post

Juno70  
Years ago

Bring on the "Cheerleader Effect"

Reply #404931 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yep another poor performance thus far. Noone can rebound, noone can make a layup and Cairns are doing as they please, shooting 51% with 28 points in the paint!

Reply #404932 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

We've scored the first 11 points of the 2nd half. Lets see if they can keep it up.

Reply #404933 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Here we go. Come on!

Reply #404934 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Jekyll & Hyde! Where was this Sixers team before half time? Hope they can keep it going!

Reply #404936 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

If we do lose this one we can again thank the amount of offensive boards we're letting our opposition get.

Gibbo on 4 fouls with about 4:30 still left in the 3rd.

Reply #404938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When will DJ stop rearranging his shorts and focus on playing D!

Reply #404939 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Another 11-0 run will make things interesting. Fingers crossed.

Reply #404942 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

JANNY!!!!!!

Reply #404943 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Did I just see Steven Weigh throw down a dunk to tie the game???

17-4 we've scored this period.

Reply #404946 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

This is looking much better. Nice to see us come from behind and steal a game, if we can that is!

Reply #404947 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Gibson has been decent this second half. Wondered if he was phoning it in in the first, but you can see he believes now they can win.

Game tied. Awesome fightback.

Reply #404948 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Was just about to make the same point about Gibbo's 2nd half. Great leader type performance.

Reply #404949 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Nice to finally see our boys play well down the stretch! Hope they can close it out!

Reply #404951 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Especially considering he's sitting on 4 fouls, its been a good effort.

Reply #404953 | Report this post

Lt44  
Years ago

Score update?

Reply #404954 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

68 - 66 6ers way 30 secs to go

Reply #404955 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

68 - 68 18secs to go

Reply #404956 | Report this post

Lt44  
Years ago

Ta bk

Reply #404957 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Cadeeeeeeeee!

Reply #404958 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

c'mon!

Reply #404959 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Cadee with a monster 3 to put us 71-68 up with 2.3 seconds left

Reply #404960 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cadee!

Reply #404962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WOW! Wouldn't that have been a confidence booster and month or two ago!

Reply #404963 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Forgettable first half but the second half we knew they could play. Great to see them get this one.

Reply #404964 | Report this post

just saw the live updates on this, cant actually believe we came through in a clutch situation. Guess it helped having 3 of their players foul out!

whats with Cadee putting up a 3 with 15 seconds to go, I hope he was ridiculously open!

Reply #404965 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

think it was only 2 left

Reply #404966 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Well done Marty and Mark....onwards and upwards fron here.

Reply #404967 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

We just got outSixers'd.

Reply #404969 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

Awesome win ,you ripper. Showed awesome fight.

Reply #404970 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, the three was made with 2.3 sec left.

Their foul trouble came from Petrie and DJ attacking inside early and often. Paid of. DJ went to the line a lot and I thought was probably unlucky not to get a few more trips.

Reply #404971 | Report this post

Lets sign them up again hey Marcus on the back of knocking off the 2nd bottom team :P

Reply #404973 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Great shot Cadee! You beauty!

Brilliant quarter from Gibson and good work from DJ, who shot 11-12 from the line and helped foul Loughton, Grabau and Edwards out of the game.

Petrie was a trooper all game and his shooting kept us in it early.

Cadee a good game as well. Last two times I have seen him on the road and he really seems to play with more confidence away from the BMC.

Sixers looked much better when Gibbo and Cadee were aggressively turning the corner after the pick and driving hard. Would like to see more of that!

Reply #404975 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

The commentators said it right in tonight's game. If DJ can put on some upper body muscle and sort out his D, he could be as good in this league as Chris Anstey was.

Great win by the guys tonight, and a special mention must go to Peach. He was clearly hurting out there but toughed it out.

Watching the halftime shoot around, Christopherson was hitting more 3's than he was missing. Yet in the game the only 3 I saw him take (1st period I think) was an air ball that went way too far. And he was open for the shot.....

Reply #404976 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

Yeah after they played a tough game the night before in Sydney. But a win is a win and this one has been a long time coming so i'm going to celebrate for now and see what happens next week.

Reply #404977 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Great Win!

Great to see the spinnaker come out in the fourth

Reply #404978 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@ManuteBol...

What we saw tonight was a masterful display of strategy.

Marty got his charges to wear down their frontline.

Not only that....He saw what wasn't working at half time, improvised, adapted and implemented a winning counter.

Cairns is playing better than the second last team...

Reply #404979 | Report this post

Vespa  
Years ago

So what about the last 2 seasons and this seasons ? Why hasn't he done that Marcus? That last post just proved your a troll and should be treated as such !!!

Reply #404986 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

To beat us in the season series Cairns now have to win by a combined 8 points over the next two times we play them.

Reply #404993 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Vespa....Marty is only a third year coach, he is still learning and evolving his trade. All is asked is the patience to see it to fruition.

Reply #404995 | Report this post

Vespa  
Years ago

Your not worth it Marcus. Your a joke.
your basketball knowledge is slim to none.

Reply #404998 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Vespa, then stop replying.

Reply #405000 | Report this post

Vespa  
Years ago

Good point. I'm just saying what everyone thinks.

I know he is a troll. Just like you do. Just so frustrating!

Reply #405001 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

@Marcus how do you know the win was because of Marty's coaching. Maybe it was because cairns were tired from playing the night before and getting on a plane at 6.30this morning and getting into Cairns at 11.00. Also helped by the fact 3 of their players were fouled out of the game. I'm glad they got a win the players deserve it and hopefully it's given them some confidence to get some more wins before the season is over. You tell us we can't put all the blame on Marty for a loss so you can't give Marty all the credit for a win it wasn't Marty that took that 3 point shot to win and i bet that wasn't the play he drew up in the time out either.

Reply #405002 | Report this post

Vespa  
Years ago

Perfect BK. should be a good reply from MC.

Reply #405004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

marcus camby are you really marty clarke?

Reply #405005 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

Interestingly Marcus Camby attributed the win to Clarke. Was it Clarke putting up all those shots in during the game? Was definitely him in the first half then. All those missed shots. Nowhere on your posts do u credit success to the players, nowhere!

Shame MC shame! Without them, ?????

Reply #405007 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Just finished watching the replay - was an entertaining game to watch and great to see the sixers get a win. A really gutsy effort considering the dissapointing season, it would have been easy to pack it in at half time, down 18 and on the road but there was some serious heart shown by the players tonight.

Petrie was a warrior all game, I personally hink he is underated offensively, he is extremely versatile having a good inside game and relable jumpshot with range that extends to the three point line. Gibson was clutch down the stretch and Johnson kept the pressure on the Taipans Bigs all game. Also a clutch shot by Cadee - he doesn't seem afraid to take and make the big shot - a great quality in a young player, he hit a huge 3 against the Wildcats at Perth Arena earlier in the year also . The offense looked best tonight in the 4th with the simplicity of Gibson coming off the on-ball screen set by either Petrie or Johnson and the creating from there. I'm not really sure why the coaching staff have persisted all year with complex offensive sets when the team has always looked better when simpler plays are run and the players are given more freedom.

The sixers still gave up far too many offensive boards with Cairns outrebounding us 50-37. We would have won this game far more comfortably if we were able finish of our defensive sets. This was the reason for the loss to Perth last week and should have been addressed by the coaches throughout the week. It will be interesting to see if there is an improvement in this area in our next matchup.

Reply #405014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow am I shocked, what a great win!

Good to see us actually come back from a large deficit for a change even though I gave up at half-time.

Reply #405017 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Marcus got to give it to you, great fishing, Rex hunt would be proud! So many willing biters.

Reply #405021 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Vespa, Camby is not even in SA.

Uncle Phil, I thought the same about a lot of that second half success - seemed to come from players freelancing a bit more, starting from Gibson, rather than any typical strategy.

Reply #405022 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Marcus, Clarke has been in the coaching system for a long time, and if he needs this long to adjust to the NBL then he's failed his apprenticeship!

Reply #405029 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

terrible defence from both teams,fearne must be really pissed off with their effort.
i am surprised he hasnt used a zone a bit more this season considering the teams frail interior defence.

Reply #405030 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

good win by Sixers. Big shots by Gibson & Cadee at the end.
Cairns were a bit fatigued from the game the night before, they had so many open looks in last 5 mins and didn't hit any of them. Sixers effort great but very lucky as Cairns couldn't finish them off.
Last time Sixers won was when Schensch got injured.

Reply #405047 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

No need to keep Clarke and Radford at end of this season, the owners don't have to pay them anymore. They are free to put the coaching money elsewhere. A welcome win last night but doesn't change the appalling record of the last 3 years.

Reply #405049 | Report this post

Youknow ME  
Years ago

Seems to me that, in isolation this must have been a great gasme. i dont know because NBL.TV wont let me see it yet. what I do know is it is too little too late, and I hate to think this would give management thoughts about keeping marty...

Reply #405050 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Petrie really is the hero of the Sixers IMO. He has shown true grit this season and is always an offensive threat. Defensively, he is the guy in defence you don't want to have on you and the rebounds he gets are the tough rebounds that are "tough ball rebounds".

Reply #405051 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Agree re sentiments above about Petrie. He's been my favourite Sixer player this season. Although he didn't shoot that well against Cairns he always strikes me as being very efficient. He doesn't need that many touches to have an impact on the game. He's got a sweet jumper and there's a good case that he should have been playing more minutes throughout the season.

Also agree with Uncle Phil about the offensive rebounds. This should have been addressed by the team after their woeful performances against Perth in Perth last week and it almost cost the Sixers this game. I was at the Perth vs Townsville on Friday and could't help but think that the Sixers really miss Jacob Holmes's rebounding!

Massive shots by Gibson and then Cadee at the death. Although Cadee also missed some clutch free throws earlier in the season against Perth I think, as Gibson said in his post game interview it's a great sign that he's got the "kahunas" to take shots like this! And he's only going to get better.

Signing Gibson, Petrie and Cadee for next season and beyond should be a priority for the Sixers.

Reply #405088 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Gibson, unofficially/officially gone(if that makes sense) but owners/management should do everything possible to get Petrie to sign on the option plus long term deal ASAP.

Reply #405118 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

A, source?

Reply #405136 | Report this post

Shano  
Years ago

Marcus is a shit stirring wanker. Just ignore him. Advice I give my 8 year old students.

Reply #405144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah dont feed Marcus, he is just a troll, likes to stir us all up.

Reply #405150 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I might be a bit slow but I have just come to the conclusion that Marcus Camby has no respect whatsoever for the club nor the players. He talks about the disrespect that fans show by their comments and booing the coach but fails to see that its the job that the current coach has done for the last 3 years and his stubborness to do the right thing and walk out is what is so disrespectful for the club. If the coach cared about this club, he would have done the right thing. He is there to get his 3 years of wages and stuff the club. Nothing else matters. For Marcus Camby to be supporting this coach in this way is showing the same disrespect. The fans are annoyed and really fed up with the last 3 years because Clarke has come in and turned this once hallowed powerhouse of basketball into a warehouse of shame. The fans want him out so the club can find a way to get back to the glory day. There is no moving forward while Clarke is still here and Clark himself is responsible for the obstacle that is in the way.

Reply #405170 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Jack, ask the man himself, it's only Sydney/Melbourne for him, Adelaide was his only option 12/13.

Reply #405174 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Yeah dont feed Marcus, he is just a troll, likes to stir us all up.

Yeah and it's cruel, emphasised by how bad Clarke is as a coach, each and every match.

Reply #405179 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:12 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754