LETS GO KINGS!!
Years ago

Will these players stay on their teams?

what do you think the chances are of these players staying on their current teams next season?

Johnny flynn
Corin henry
Darnell lazare
Lance hurdle
Adris deleon
Cedric jackson
Ben madgen
Aaron bruce

All really good players, hopefully they will stay for a while

Topic #30882 | Report this topic

Uncle fester  
Years ago

Johnny flynn , likely NBA, if not will return.
Corin henry , could return if cheap.
Darnell lazare , won't return
Lance hurdle , could return if cheap and injury free
Adris deleon , won't return
Cedric jackson , will return if no NBA promotion
Ben madgen , will return as he won't get an OS import job
Aaron bruce , as above.

Reply #405571 | Report this post

LETS GO KINGS!!  
Years ago

corin henry wont be cheap, he's one of the best players this season

Reply #405589 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

Lazare and Flynn on that list wont be back. Jackson only if a NBA gig arises otherwise love it in NZ. The rest will all be back i believe. The one for me is Adam Gibson and to lesser extents Seth Scott and Luke Nevill ?

Reply #405591 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Johnny flynn - Won't return: thinks he's too good for this league, but not good enough for the NBA. Best bet: China.

Corin henry - Will return if cheap (I like him, but "one of the best players this season"? C'mon)

Darnell lazare - Won't return: not good enough on either end.

Lance hurdle - Won't return: ACL injury (poor guy).

Adris deleon - Won't return: doubt any team will meet his asking price.

Cedric jackson - Won't return: WAYYYY too good for the NBL. Best bet: NBA/Europe.

Ben madgen - Will return, barring a big overseas contract (which is possible).

Aaron bruce: Will return: not even sure why he's listed among the rest of these guys.

Reply #405592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lisch is out of contract this season. Although his wife plays basketball for WA, she is a sydney girl. Do you think he will stay at the wildcats for next season?

Reply #405601 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

Anon, Lisch's wife plays for the West Coast Waves in WA.
I don't think anyone will take Deleon, the Hawks won't need him if Martin is right to go a seasons start, maybe Adelaide should try and get him, I think he would be able to help fire them up and get some wins in the close games.

Reply #405625 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Deleon just gets his and doesn't make anyone around him any better.

"Cedric jackson - Won't return: WAYYYY too good for the NBL. Best bet: NBA/Europe."

If he doesn't get an NBA Contract expect to see him back in a Breakers Uniform next season.

Reply #405630 | Report this post

LETS GO KINGS!!  
Years ago

wait, so how bad is lance hurdles injury? Also, deleon is a great player, hopefully he will stay with hawks, they need him.
And corin henry is one of the best imports this season in my opion.

Reply #405654 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Henry is definitely in the top 15 imports.

Reply #405666 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I hear a little something something that A Bruce want's out of Sydney and seeing as he is out of contract may just be playing elsewhere next season!

Reply #405670 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

^ Would any team other than Sydney actually want Bruce?

Reply #405672 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Tigers & 6er's will have Bruce in for workouts over the summer.

Might want to be a little bit closer to home

Reply #405676 | Report this post

JimmyBuckets  
Years ago

I'd welcome bruce back to Adelaide, at a reasonable price, he would be handy to have starting along side Gibson or a import with Cadee backing up the guards.

Reply #405685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure AB is moving in with his GF in Sydney, he is contract negotiations with the Kings on length of his deal. He will be a king

Reply #405687 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

@Mystro - I think Cedrick Jackson will get another real good look at making an NBA roster after this season, and while I believe the posters that state he's loving NZ and the Breakers organization, I doubt he will be content with his current approach to making the NBA after another stint in the Summer League and/or training camp.

Potentially more $$ elsewhere for a player of his caliber, and definitely better competition and exposure.

I just hope he makes it, even at the cost of a great player to the NBL.

Reply #405696 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

@paul - love it.

Reply #405697 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Pretty damn sure Deleon will stay in Aus. I could see him in a 36er uniform next year. Would bring some excitement to the crowds

Reply #405719 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Lol... I'm loving the influx of "unrealistic" Kings supporters lately (or if they're all the same person) Corin is good, but young and inconsistent... I like him personally, but no way he's up with the Lisch, Ervin, Wilson and Jacksons of the league...

Anyways... interesting to hear that contrasting rumour about Brucey... He certainly seems comfortable in Sydney, but with Harvey and Madgen already signed on for next season, it will be interesting to see which way they go with regards to him... He's been handy with an outside shot and some penetration scoring when he's been hot, but he's still too rough around the edges to use as your main ball carrier...

Reply #405732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm loving the influx of "unrealistic" Kings supporters lately (or if they're all the same person)

This is nothing you should check out a guy called Nerf Herder on Oz Hoops!

Reply #405735 | Report this post

PHS 09  
Years ago

Jeremiah Trueman , best kiwi playing in a ozzy team.
Cedrice Jackson is too good for this league!
Madgen might get work overseas but he's not amazing

Breakers to 3peat as long az redhage & martin don't heat up. Lisch will be a threat aswell.

Kings this season fluffed it. 36ers unlucky in some games and fell off in close ones.

Reply #406550 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:03 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754