Lloyd Braun
Years ago

Balls fall Milwaukee's way

The Milwaukee Bucks landed this year's No. 1 overall pick at the 2005 NBA Draft Lottery held on Tuesday. NBA Draft 2005 will be held Tuesday, June 28, at the Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Say hello to Wisconsin Mr Bogut..

Topic #3090 | Report this topic

foxtrot  
Years ago

I reckon Bogut may still end up at Atlanta - the Bucks may go with Williams from UNC

Reply #35344 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Yeah the hot pick is that Willanms from North Carolina ... May go number 1 intresting to see where bogut gose

Reply #35347 | Report this post

Vincent Vega  
Years ago

Roy Williams? He's getting on a bit.

Reply #35348 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Not bad considering the Bucks only had a 6.3% chance of getting the number 1 pick. I'm thinking Atlanta will still get Bogut. IMHO I think Williams is going to go to the Bucks and Bogut at number 2. But hey the Bucks could still take Bogut at No 1. Only time will tell.

Reply #35354 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

interesting bobcats get 5th pick may have to settle for deron williams or felton instead of paul

Reply #35355 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Haha. Nice call VV.

Atlanta pick 2nd (Cheezeburger should be happy!) and Portland 3rd. I hope he doesn't land in Portland. They're a shambles!

Reply #35357 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

we may see some teams do some trading up

Reply #35359 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Portland already have the irreplaceable block-fiend and technical-foul-magnet Joel Przybilla! Not the place for a nice, law-abiding team-player like Bogut anyway...

Reply #35361 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Portland has been trying to fill their team with respectable upstanding citizens for a few years now.

They've got Przybilla at C and are rumoured to be looking to move Ratliff.

Atlanta might trade their #2 pick with the Bobcats for their #5 and #13 picks. If this happens and Bogut was still available at #2 then he might slide to #3 since the Bobcats already have Okafor and Brezec up forward.

Hard to forcast this one, since lots of teams at the top of the lottery need PGs and there is a depth of PGs in this draft.

Reply #35370 | Report this post

Tar Heel  
Years ago

Wonder if they broadcast the Draft on espn this year in Aussie land. They did in the states last year. would be good if they did

Reply #35382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can't pass on Bogut at #1, even if they really want Williams. Pick Bogut and them trade him to whoever makes the best offer or whoever picks Williams, as you might be able to sweeten the deal to include Williams and someone else / future draft pick.

Makes the most sense IMO.

Reply #35393 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

WOOOOOOOOOO!

least bogut doesnt have to play in an awesomely crap team. I have a great amount of respect for bucks and as for Desmond Mason have my baby!

Reply #35408 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I wouldn't mind Bogut in a Bucks uniform. If they can resign Redd, they already have Mason, if TJ Ford can (big question mark) make a comeback, and whilst Joe Smith is a bust for a number 1 draft pick, I think he could be a serviceable PF.

Being a Cats fan, I was hoping for the 1st pick, no 5, damn that hurts.... The Cats need a SF and SG, and they should resign Brevin Knight. Andriuskevicius is tipped to go at 5, I hope they don't go there..... I hope they go Gerald Green, or Martell Webster with the 5th pick and Danny Granger or Hakim Warrik with their other lottery.

Reply #35412 | Report this post

dirk rules  
Years ago

well i think milwaukee should pik bogut. they need more deapth down low. they need a bid man in bogut. williams isnt bad but i think bogut is uch better.

What about May? I think he will be up there too.

Reply #35459 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

May is undersized in the NBA to play centre. He'll go first round (mid), and will probably play PF.

Reply #35471 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

if bucks pick up bogut the hawks will either get chris paul or trade down their pick.i cant see them getting marvin williams because they already have josh smith.

Reply #35534 | Report this post

dirk rules  
Years ago

hawks need a pg whos effctive. i agree with cheezburger

Reply #35595 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:00 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754